When does Princess Carribean sailings 2022 Released?

loving goldens

15 minutes ago, loving goldens said:

Just wondering if  anyone has an idea when these sail dates are released for the Carribean 2022?   Thks  :)

As soon as Carnival Corp decides which ships will be resurrected, countries provide their criteria for port visits, and anti-coronavirus procedures are promulgated by CDC and CLIA.

I don't know, but just want to say that it is so refreshing to find (at least) one other person, besides myself, who does NOT believe that the cruising world is ending. 

I have a nice 21 day B2B booked on Celebrity in Feb of 2022 out of Tampa, if you are not completely insistent on Princess. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I think the big issue, will be waiting for all the countries to be open for business.....

And welcoming cruise ship...... 

So one would say a bit more water under the bridge first.. 

Cheers Don 

Well, Princess wouldn't know for sure that the cruises will happen. But if they might happen, they're going to have to start booking them at some point when the status is still uncertain. They can't wait until a month before sail date and expect to fill a ship in that short time. Plus, the cynic would say taking bookings far out like that would put some money in their almost dry coffers now, which can only help.

• Like 1

Thank goodness, a thread about cruising that doesn't involve the sky falling and all the ships being scuttled by years end. I was wondering the same thing about the 2022 Caribbean schedule, so thank you for posting. As has been said, the cruise lines have to make schedules years in advance. The islands will reopen to ships as soon as possible, I am confident they will be the first major region to reopen to cruising.

14 minutes ago, tntornadox said:

The islands will reopen to ships as soon as possible, I am confident they will be the first major region to reopen to cruising.

well , in the 'old normal' I would be waiting for this schedule also, seeking out a little mini cruise for basically a drive to port, long weekend, and easily put down a refundable deposit

now, in these 'new normal times' we're not giving any cruise line any more monies , refundable or not, until there is a definitive date to re-start cruising

we have a final payment date , for now, of 9/11 , yep, for a late November cruise … we'll see what happens between now and 9/1 and see what happens

stay safe

peace out

side note: I did read today where a restaurant re-opened today in Fairbanks, Alaska

25 minutes ago, tntornadox said:

Thank goodness, a thread about cruising that doesn't involve the sky falling and all the ships being scuttled by years end. I was wondering the same thing about the 2022 Caribbean schedule, so thank you for posting. As has been said, the cruise lines have to make schedules years in advance. The islands will reopen to ships as soon as possible, I am confident they will be the first major region to reopen to cruising.

I feel the opposite. People are currently dying. Others in intensive care. I consider myself lucky to not be sick. I still can't get a hair cut or eat at a restaurant. I have a ton of friends who can't work right now and don't know when they will.

I am not sure when I will get on a ship before a vaccination is available. 

I don't think the Caribbean or Bahamas will be the first to open. I don't think they will want the ships right away. I was reading an article about the US Virgin Islands and how they don't have that many intensive care beds or hospital space for those who become ill. They don't want sick individuals. Heck, their homes are sometimes very primitive.  I don't think they are going to want the ships initially. Maybe Canada NE or California coastals will be the first to start as they will be close/in US ports and there is good medical. Something the Caribbean and Bahamas do not have.

We are each entitled to our opinions.

Edited by Coral

I was just wondering today how the restart will look. They're going to have so many new procedures to follow they may consider a few 'dress rehearsal' cruises to make sure they get things right. I recall the botched Medallion roll-out where some practice ahead of time would have been helpful.

I too was wondering about Caribbean sailings for winter/spring 2022. I have the feeling they will be booked quite early, as people are still unsure about 2021. I have been anxiously awaiting to see schedules for Jan/Feb 2022. Would like to explore options.

Janet

18 hours ago, sun&sea said:

I too was wondering about Caribbean sailings for winter/spring 2022. I have the feeling they will be booked quite early, as people are still unsure about 2021. I have been anxiously awaiting to see schedules for Jan/Feb 2022. Would like to explore options.

Janet

That's a reasonable theory, but could be counterbalanced by people who have sworn off cruising after the bad coronavirus press. Maybe the two factors will cancel each other out. It'd be good news for the cruise industry if you are right, so I hope you are. Even if it does make 2022 cruises a little more expensive.