Will Carnival add more cruises in 2021?

bambiying

We were cancelled off the Radiance for a 9 day this July.  I was going to book something for next year, but there's not a lot I see that excites me.  They don't have a repeat of the one I was going on this year for next year.  I want to use that $600 they gave us for the cancellation, but I'm stuck between booking now on something that I don't really want or waiting to see if something better comes around that might not.  I'm confused and bummed.  Do you think they will schedule more cruises?

3 hours ago, bambiying said:

We were cancelled off the Radiance for a 9 day this July.  I was going to book something for next year, but there's not a lot I see that excites me.  They don't have a repeat of the one I was going on this year for next year.  I want to use that $600 they gave us for the cancellation, but I'm stuck between booking now on something that I don't really want or waiting to see if something better comes around that might not.  I'm confused and bummed.  Do you think they will schedule more cruises?

My crystal ball says they will schedule some new cruises this year and next, but I think there will be a lot of gotchas involved:

• It depends on some ports opening up, of course
  • They may choose to change the itineraries of existing cruises instead
  • There may not be much notice before they're posted
  • There may not be much time between the time they're posted and they set sail
  • There may be limited capacity
  • There may be sharp limits on who can board

For example, instead of sending the Breeze from Port Canaveral on its usual route(s), they might cancel those temporarily and offer a series of 4-day and 5-day trips to Half Moon Cay and/or Princess Cays, plus maybe a stop in Freeport and/or Nassau.  Once they offer them, you'll have to decide whether or not it's worth it to book.

I saw a 3 day out of florida ...might start with even shorter than 4 and 5 days.

Bahamas is like 58 miles from s. Florida. There used to be day cruise from up near palm beach to the Bahamas and back in the olden days for $99.

Edited by firefly333

Well, thanks for all your help.  We ended up booking a Spa cabin on the Magic for 7/27 in 2021.  It had the itinerary that we were doing this year except it cuts out St. Maartin and it's an 8 day instead of a 9, but things were selling out fast so we were scared to wait.  Thanks for your help and opinions!!