Princess 9/20 Alaska with Victoria cruises

Cruiserkenn

On 4/28/2020 at 10:26 AM, Cruiserkenn said:

How will this work when Americans are not supposed to go to Canada now, for casual travel.

If things continue the way they are, the border is going to be re-opened before September.

• Like 1

We are currently booked on the July 26 Alaska cruise out of Seattle.  We are waiting for it to be cancelled.  So far it is still a go, but that just does not make any sense to us.  I understand that this is over 2 months away and things are changing rapidly, but I do not think I would feel comfortable either flying on a crowded plane, or spending time on a cruise ship right now.

On 4/29/2020 at 11:47 PM, caribill said:

Personally, when we cruise to Alaska, it is for the fantastic scenery and wildlife, not for shopping.

If the shops were all closed from May through September, it would not bother us.

Well... We don't really do the shops but we do visit all of the local brew pubs when we go to Alaska. If those were shut down it would be a tragedy!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 11:33 AM, AF-1 said:

wow, I should have waited to sail up there.  I went in July and it was cool.  Had to wear windbreaker everyday.  Also it rained in Ketchikan.  People say it's rare if you have sun there. 

We've been to Alaska 4 times but once was a long camping trip so didn't get to Ketchikan. The other three times were cruises and we had sunshine and tee shirts in Ketchikan each time. The first time was in September and the weather was absolutely great. It seems one can never know what will happen with the weather.

On 4/29/2020 at 6:49 AM, nooptere said:

Even if Alaska may be open in September. Seattle is still a very questionable. The cruises might have to round trip from Florida.

Port of Seattle (cruise port only) is closed indefinitely and that means at latest July 1st (from a reliable source). Victoria should not be an issue.  Only bad news is that it looks like football schedule will be released next week with no modifications so it is Alaska or Seahawks...no question...Go Hawks!

49 minutes ago, Robinsoncruiseso said:

Victoria should not be an issue.  

Rumour here (Victoria) is that if there's a West Coast cruise season there could be a "market" taken to the terminal so ships can fulfill their Jones Act requirements, and access to the City proper may be denied for passengers. Obviously this is all very much evolving, but, BC had among the less onerous closure requirements, but, I think will also have among the slowest re-openings. 

Our events of over fifty people are almost all cancelled through September. 

14 hours ago, the_thunderbird said:

Rumour here (Victoria) is that if there's a West Coast cruise season there could be a "market" taken to the terminal so ships can fulfill their Jones Act requirements, and access to the City proper may be denied for passengers. Obviously this is all very much evolving, but, BC had among the less onerous closure requirements, but, I think will also have among the slowest re-openings. 

Wow, amazing!  Thanks for this info 🙂️⛴🇨🇦🇺🇸🌝

One of the many nice things about September is that the streets of the towns are not so crowded.  In July, the streets of Juneau and Ketchikan are so crowded one would think it is North Michigan Avenue in Chicago, rather than Alaska.  Not like that in September🌝

14 hours ago, the_thunderbird said:

That would be great. Our May 16th Alaska was cancelled but we would like to try again as soon as possible.

The "market" sounds interesting.  We had our May 20, 2020, B2B Alaska cruise cancelled by Princess.  We have one last shot at Alaska this year:  August 16, 2020, cruise on the Emerald with a stop in Victoria.   It would be nice if arrangements could be made so people could sail.  We remain optimistic that all will turn out favorably.  Good luck to everyone.

5 hours ago, Cruiserkenn said:

One of the many nice things about September is that the streets of the towns are not so crowded.  In July, the streets of Juneau and Ketchikan are so crowded one would think it is North Michigan Avenue in Chicago, rather than Alaska.  Not like that in September🌝

Just get about 5 blocks from the cruise ships and you hardly know they are even there!