Luggage Tags for 5/2/20 cruise???

newyorkray

Last Monday I received my luggage tags for my cruise that was suppose to leave on tomorrow, May 2nd. I took the offer of 125% on my next cruise although I was concerned that Celebrity may declare bankruptcy and start fresh leaving us all with nothing, but I though better of it since Celebrity is a large cruise company. After receiving the tags six-7 weeks after they cancelled the cruise I question their financial acumen when they are still paying a company to send out thousands of luggage tags for cruises that were cancelled long ago.

I had also cancelled my airline flights booked through Flights by Celebrity and was told my credit card would be issued a credit within 7 days but that hasn't happened yet

I'm not new to the cruise industry, I have accomplished Elite status with Celebrity sailing with Celebrity since the old Meridian in 1996 so I expected better from them.

44 minutes ago, newyorkray said:

Last Monday I received my luggage tags for my cruise that was suppose to leave on tomorrow, May 2nd. I took the offer of 125% on my next cruise although I was concerned that Celebrity may declare bankruptcy and start fresh leaving us all with nothing, but I though better of it since Celebrity is a large cruise company. After receiving the tags six-7 weeks after they cancelled the cruise I question their financial acumen when they are still paying a company to send out thousands of luggage tags for cruises that were cancelled long ago.

I had also cancelled my airline flights booked through Flights by Celebrity and was told my credit card would be issued a credit within 7 days but that hasn't happened yet

I'm not new to the cruise industry, I have accomplished Elite status with Celebrity sailing with Celebrity since the old Meridian in 1996 so I expected better from them.

Really?  You "expected better" from Celebrity than sending unneeded luggage tags?  Things must be pretty rosy where you are if this is a complaint worth mentioning. 

So they aren't spending the time and effort to cancel luggage tags for cancelled cruises?  Yes this wastes paper and postage; but I would hardly say this is indicative of a company's financial acumen. 

I'm sure if you found out they were devoting staff resources to cancelling luggage tag orders, you'd complain those people should be processing refunds. 

Of course someone who has reached "Elite status" after only 24 years surely has great insight in to how to run a cruise line.  Have you submitted your resume?

Harris

Denver, CO

Most staff are working from home and have much more significant things to deal with than luggage tags; like refunds, keeping ships provisioned, working on making the changes necessary to cruise again,  getting crew back home.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, newyorkray said:

Really?  You’re concerned about luggage tags?  SMH.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, newyorkray said:

Last Monday I received my luggage tags for my cruise that was suppose to leave on tomorrow, May 2nd.

Join the club. We received a second set of luggage tags 2 days before our cancelled March 22nd cruise. Their must be a glitch in their system that is kicking these out because you and I aren't the only ones that received them.

I too received luggage tags for the Apex sailing 5/3. Just made me sad we won’t be using them but  then I reminded myself that many millions of people are unemployed and worried about food, rent and their health so I moved on....

Edited by librarylady19
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

I too received luggage tags for the Apex sailing 5/3. Just made me sad we won’t be using them but  then I reminded myself that many millions of people are unemployed and worried about food, rent and their health so I moved on....

Hi Sandi

Good to see you