Would you risk your life for $28 per night.

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Jean, I still think you're wrong with this assertion. No insurers are offering cancellation/curtailment cover for Covid19, but some are willing to cover emergency medical costs, which includes hospital care and repatriation. Clearly they assume that very few passengers would need medical treatment, but of course every passenger would want cancellation/curtailment, even if the insurer is the last resort.

OK,  I asked that very question of my insurer.  Would I be covered for emergency medical costs associated with Covid - NO

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

OK,  I asked that very question of my insurer.  Would I be covered for emergency medical costs associated with Covid - NO

You originally posted this on a different thread

Here is what my company says

"Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or “all but essential” travel. Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section."

Have you insurers changed their original advice and now advised you differently over the phone.?

Edited by Gettingwarmer

I'm also going to say again, NOT ALL INSURANCES AVOID COVID-19. Once UK Gov allow travel, mine will cover. Its there is you want to get it.

Under what circumstances will I be compensated if I cancel my trip?
The insurer usually compensates for cancellations only under certain circumstances; however, in these extraordinary circumstances the trip cancellation insurance has been improved and they expect to provide coverage under the following 4 circumstances:

• 1. Your flight was cancelled due to COVID-19
  • 2. The destination government has imposed restrictions (i.e. quarantine or ban on foreign arrivals), and travel was booked before restrictions were announced
  • 3. Your home country advises against non-essential travel, and travel was booked before advice was issued
  • 4. You have become either ill or quarantined due to COVID-19, and therefore cannot travel.

Am I covered if I contract coronavirus on holiday?

As long as you have not travelled against medical or government advice, if you become ill while on holiday and have Medical cover, your medical expenses abroad will be covered, subject to the terms and conditions of your Medical cover

Edited by molecrochip

5 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Just read this

Still, parent Carnival Corp. is in good financial shape. It has raised nearly $6 billion in debt and equity since the crisis began, and its CEO recently said the company can last through 2020 with no revenue from cruises. The company wasn’t eligible for loan assistance from the U.S. government because it is incorporated in Panama.

Carnival Corp. shares rose 3% on Monday, while those of Royal Caribbean added about 1.5% and Norwegian Cruise Line tacked on 4.3%.

Carnival did end up getting Federal funds, that's old news.

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

The 6 billion loan was arranged s couple of weeks ago, so relatively old news. The rate was 11.5% !! That will put an end to the dividends for a while.

Share price fell sharply at 13:42 today.

Those loans never happened, the State gave them the money in the end. The CEO of Carnival is friends with Donald Trump.

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

But that doesn't mean they will not extend their pauses further.  I really can't see any ex-UK cruises until Autumn at the earliest and, perhaps more likely, next year.

I have a cruise out of Southampton on July 11th which still hasn't been cancelled and is still on sale. The fact that the ship I would be travelling on, the Crown Princess is currently on its way to the Philippines to drop the crew off makes me think it wont happen. I also have a B2B out of LA in October which I do think will happen.

I have had the virus and recovered, it wasn't nice.

3 hours ago, CCFC said:

Those loans never happened, the State gave them the money in the end. The CEO of Carnival is friends with Donald Trump.

Interesting - do you have more information, as the financial press are saying something different.

57 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Interesting - do you have more information, as the financial press are saying something different.

Statements to stock market confirm completion of loan note transactions.

Good summary here: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thepointsguy.com/news/carnival-did-not-receive-bailout/amp/

Edited by molecrochip

Photos have surfaced of the first passenger in the queue to book their cruise once Carnival opens up on August 1....when asked why they cut their mask, they said it was to make it 'easier to breathe' and so they could sip a drink by the pool with ease 😏 😷

image.png.0b9ac89173374d04ab3363433b852544.png

10 hours ago, CCFC said:

I have a cruise out of Southampton on July 11th which still hasn't been cancelled and is still on sale. The fact that the ship I would be travelling on, the Crown Princess is currently on its way to the Philippines to drop the crew off makes me think it wont happen. I also have a B2B out of LA in October which I do think will happen.

I have had the virus and recovered, it wasn't nice.

Glad you're OK - on the bright side, you've hopefully now got immunity.

10 minutes ago, CCFC said:

It’s a misleading article. The Fed intervened to restart the entire bond market. It was not Carnival specific.

After the intervention, Carnival along with many large US companies found they could borrow are more attractive rates from institutional investors.

The US government did not bailout Carnival.

• Like 1

As things are at the moment I wouldn't consider a cruise regardless of price.  I can't imagine that we will book any cruises until there is a vaccine and we have had the vaccination.  We were discussing this afternoon the places that we used to enjoy going to in the UK when we were going had little money.  We will probably be holidaying in the UK for the foreseeable future, big change from 3 or 4 cruises a year. 

• Like 1