Allegation of aboard a Seabourn ship by Assistant Cruise Director

SLSD

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Well gee, I guess I'm just using the wrong 6 words,...

I Googled the (7) words that come to my mind when somebody says "X (number of) words" and got tons of links to George Carlin. Guess I used the wrong words to try to find out something I really didn't need to know. Or maybe not.

Jus' sayin'...

• Haha 1

It unfortunate that this man had not been schooled about what needs to be done if you suffered a sexual assault.   He should have immediately upon awakening contacted security and the ships doctor.  He most likely had taken a shower in the days following the assault prior to his reporting it.   Had he been to the doctor right away and had the post rape examination (disgusting exam but women have put up with it also), they would have found more compelling evidence.m. The delay in reporting, until the #metoo movement would have gone against his complaint.

1 hour ago, Ka Honu said:

I Googled the (7) words that come to my mind when somebody says "X (number of) words" and got tons of links to George Carlin. Guess I used the wrong words to try to find out something I really didn't need to know. Or maybe not.

As implied in my previous post, the name is buried in old cruise reviews.  The words to google should be fairly obvious based on the original news article at the top of this thread.  Also bear in mind that the person worked for cruise lines (most of the words to google) in the naughts, so you need to read through some old reviews prior to 2010.

Edited by sfvoyage
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sfvoyage said:

As implied in my previous post, the name is buried in old cruise reviews.  The words to google should be fairly obvious based on the original news article at the top of this thread.  Also bear in mind that the person worked for cruise lines (most of the words to google) in the naughts, so you need to read through some old reviews prior to 2010.

I guess my (admittedly somewhat unclear and snarky in a culturally esoteric sort of way) response did not convey my point. To put it more bluntly, what possible reason other than morbid curiosity could anyone on this thread have for identifying the employee concerned?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ka Honu said:

I guess my (admittedly somewhat unclear and snarky in a culturally esoteric sort of way) response did not convey my point. To put it more bluntly, what possible reason other than morbid curiosity could anyone on this thread have for identifying the employee concerned?

None probably.  In my case I was just curious because it's possible I cruised with the guy.  And if so, that might colour my overall perception of the cruise experience generally.  But I admit, that's pretty lame.