FCC Refund Short Total

We were issued an FCC for what we thought was the correct amount but when we tried to apply to a November cruise we were told the FCC amount we were issued was not correct.  After six phone calls I still can not explain why this changed!  They also said we should have received a letter stating the correct FCC but of course, we did not.  Also, we cant get an explaination as to why they are not refunding the vacation protection plans.  Any ideas?

So May 15, 2020 has come and gone.  No FCC correction.  I am on hold w/RCC yet again.  I did receive my future OBC which I need to apply and I did receive my port fees and taxes to my credit card.

My big thing is I would like the FCC corrected or an update from RCC.  Come on, guys, this is not rocket science.  For a company this massive, communication is the key.

We received our FCC for our cruise fare the other day.  It was correct for 125% of the fair.  I called C&A and they said they applied it to our next cruise.  I got the approval of the credit application yesterday and low and behold, it's short 1405.  They only credited the fare on the the first two passengers.  Apparently our DS who was the third on the booking only cost a dollar when we booked onboard on one of our last cruises.  So if you are booking with more than two people, especially right now since it's kids sale for free, you can't even use the credit for it.  I have no plans to take two cruises next year and as of now, don't even get my 100% back with the application to only two passengers; never mind 125%.  I'm calling this morning to have them take the credit back off and put in for 100% refund.  It's the only way I can get back to "100%" applied to my next cruise.  Sneaky and ridiculous.  If you didn't pay for the 3rd or 4th passengers in the first place, why divide up the fare for the credit!  You are just screwing over families for the benefit of your pockets!

1 hour ago, Mass2Cruise said:

We received our FCC for our cruise fare the other day.  It was correct for 125% of the fair.  I called C&A and they said they applied it to our next cruise.  I got the approval of the credit application yesterday and low and behold, it's short 1405.  They only credited the fare on the the first two passengers.  Apparently our DS who was the third on the booking only cost a dollar when we booked onboard on one of our last cruises.  So if you are booking with more than two people, especially right now since it's kids sale for free, you can't even use the credit for it.  I have no plans to take two cruises next year and as of now, don't even get my 100% back with the application to only two passengers; never mind 125%.  I'm calling this morning to have them take the credit back off and put in for 100% refund.  It's the only way I can get back to "100%" applied to my next cruise.  Sneaky and ridiculous.  If you didn't pay for the 3rd or 4th passengers in the first place, why divide up the fare for the credit!  You are just screwing over families for the benefit of your pockets!

If you booked with 3 and get 3 FCC’s and then book something with a KSF Royal will work with you and apply the 3 FCC’s to the first 3 passengers totals.  They are able to move money around between guests as long as all the guests are sailing. 

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you booked with 3 and get 3 FCC’s and then book something with a KSF Royal will work with you and apply the 3 FCC’s to the first 3 passengers totals.  They are able to move money around between guests as long as all the guests are sailing. 

Yeah.  That worked.  In reality, they messed up the credits on the emails.  The first one listed no credits applied and the third passenger for free.  The second listed two credits, one for the total amount, and one for a partial amount.  The third again listed no credits, but was reduced another full credit amount.  I called and the truth was in the middle of sorts.  They did apply credit to the third person first which dropped them to zero but as the receipt show no notation of credit, and given the third person was so close to the zero amount already, the cruise fare value barely changed and I didn't notice a difference between that and the new cruise value value.  Then they put the full value on the second person with the second receipt.  Then the full on the first with the third email.  

But the whole thing was still short a good chunk because as the rep told me, I applied my credits over the computer and it only will apply it per passenger and reissue the remaining balance once your done and if I wanted to use all the credits for the trip, I had to specify that but the online doesn't allow it to be specified.  Trouble with her claim was that I had it applied over the phone via C&A to begin with and said I wanted to use all the credit toward the sailing I already had booked.  They didn't apply it as I verbally requested.  Ugh.  At least it's done.  I have a new slip with the correct amount now.

4 minutes ago, Mass2Cruise said:

Yeah.  That worked.  In reality, they messed up the credits on the emails.  The first one listed no credits applied and the third passenger for free.  The second listed two credits, one for the total amount, and one for a partial amount.  The third again listed no credits, but was reduced another full credit amount.  I called and the truth was in the middle of sorts.  They did apply credit to the third person first which dropped them to zero but as the receipt show no notation of credit, and given the third person was so close to the zero amount already, the cruise fare value barely changed and I didn't notice a difference between that and the new cruise value value.  Then they put the full value on the second person with the second receipt.  Then the full on the first with the third email.  

But the whole thing was still short a good chunk because as the rep told me, I applied my credits over the computer and it only will apply it per passenger and reissue the remaining balance once your done and if I wanted to use all the credits for the trip, I had to specify that but the online doesn't allow it to be specified.  Trouble with her claim was that I had it applied over the phone via C&A to begin with and said I wanted to use all the credit toward the sailing I already had booked.  They didn't apply it as I verbally requested.  Ugh.  At least it's done.  I have a new slip with the correct amount now.

At least it’s done.

You brought up a great point, While it’s nice and easy to do the FCC’s on line that only works when people’s FCC amounts line up with the cruise and amounts they have booked.  Better off spending a couple hours and doing it by phone.  

On 5/20/2020 at 10:09 AM, sunshine3215 said:

Also does anyone know what happens to the travel protection one pays for? Should my travel agent refund that money?  

Depends on where you purchased it I guess. We got ours from Allainz. We were able to move the policy to our new cruise. We just entered the new date in the website for the policy. The flight information will be different, so we just left that until we complete those bookings. I you didn't rebook and want a refund, I would ask whoever you bought it from.

My FCC story was similar to others. Got the wrong amounts. Initially, I didn't know each passenger got their own FCC. Kind of dumb since I paid for everything together. I called and got an updated certificate in about 10 days.

I called back to confirm the amount was right and to apply it and the connection was horrible and the call took almost 2 hrs. I finally hung up. I determined the 125% credit was on the cruise fare only (not fees).

I went online to apply the FCC's to the reservation and it totally messed it up. Didn't apply properly even though I had the right amounts and each passenger's fare was identical.

I called back about 5 days after that and got someone who knew what they were talking about and could hear them. They fixed everything, I paid the remaining balance everything is correct now. Took about 1.5 hrs. on the last call because they have to call another number to fix the credits..

It's just a shame it took 5 phone calls, most over an hour. Probably 7 hrs. total.

Basically, if your FCC is correct, call and spend the 2 hrs to get it right.

I finally got everything straightened out.  My port fees and taxes are back on my CC; my OBC is correct (I had to call and get that applied as you cannot do that yourself) AND my FCC is CORRECT!!!!  That was the biggie for me.

I am not going to apply my FCC until the last minute that I can.  My cruise fare went down $700 last week so I called and got the re-priced.  Holding off on paying in case it goes down again. 

I will still have about $3200 FCC remaining.  My understanding, though, is I book another cruise I cannot apply FCC to that one until I finish my sailing for my November cruise.  Is that correct?

• Like 1

I am working from home right now, as many are.  I still have to call and have the FCC applied.  I just put the call to RC on speaker phone and keep working while I am in the hold universe.  I know that doesn't work for everyone, but at least I feel I am getting something done while I wait.  Someone mentioned, (and I hope they were kidding) that they painted their entire house while on hold.  Obviously, some times of the day and days of the week experience greater hold times than others, and sometimes, it's just pure good or bad luck. 

Edited by Marylandteachergirl