FCC Refund Short Total

Has anyone had any success getting the correct FCC?  My daughter and her husband were also shorted by over half of what they were due.  With the 25% extra they should each have received a certificate for $466.25.  They each got $216.  I called and they told me to call the resolutions number.  I told them that my girlfriend and I have not received anything - and we were on the same cruise.  Again - call resolutions number she said.  I asked about taxes and port fees and she said those would be refunded to the credit card - nothing has been received.  I also told her that a month ago I received a detailed email about the cruise planner items.  I filled out an online form requesting 125% for each of those items as well and in the email it was explained that I would be getting refunds instead.  I was told by RCL in April that I would have the refunds for the cruise planner items by April 30th.  The 30th came and went so I asked about these items as well.  I was told that it would be another 30 to 45 days and that the company was very sorry for the delay. 

I have another cruise booked in December.  I love cruising.  This whole situation has me very disillusioned, along with everyone else I'm sure.

If anyone is able to get anywhere with RCL with FCC, refunds for port fees and taxes, and/or refunds for cruise planner items, please post as I would love to have some direction.

8 minutes ago, sun_lovin!1 said:

Has anyone had any success getting the correct FCC?  My daughter and her husband were also shorted by over half of what they were due.  With the 25% extra they should each have received a certificate for $466.25.  They each got $216.  I called and they told me to call the resolutions number.  I told them that my girlfriend and I have not received anything - and we were on the same cruise.  Again - call resolutions number she said.  I asked about taxes and port fees and she said those would be refunded to the credit card - nothing has been received.  I also told her that a month ago I received a detailed email about the cruise planner items.  I filled out an online form requesting 125% for each of those items as well and in the email it was explained that I would be getting refunds instead.  I was told by RCL in April that I would have the refunds for the cruise planner items by April 30th.  The 30th came and went so I asked about these items as well.  I was told that it would be another 30 to 45 days and that the company was very sorry for the delay. 

I have another cruise booked in December.  I love cruising.  This whole situation has me very disillusioned, along with everyone else I'm sure.

If anyone is able to get anywhere with RCL with FCC, refunds for port fees and taxes, and/or refunds for cruise planner items, please post as I would love to have some direction.

Yes 5 of the 6 bookings I handled got the correct FCC 

Mine was the 6th that didn't LOL so much for being a TA 

10 minutes ago, sun_lovin!1 said:

Has anyone had any success getting the correct FCC? 

I did however get my taxes and port fees refunded last week 

the planner items NO nothing yet 

Nice!  I just called C&A phone#. I will admit I was on hold for about 70 mins before I reached a person.  She seemed to know there was a problem with the FCC's issued over the weekend, and gave me the amount they SHOULD be.  Of course, I have no email verifying this yet, but the C&A rep stated that I will receive a corrected FCC (new issue) in 2-3 weeks.  I also opted for the 125% cruise planner credit and have heard nothing yet.  I did receive the refunded port fees and taxes back to my credit card last week.

8 minutes ago, Marylandteachergirl said:

Nice!  I just called C&A phone#. I will admit I was on hold for about 70 mins before I reached a person.  She seemed to know there was a problem with the FCC's issued over the weekend, and gave me the amount they SHOULD be.  Of course, I have no email verifying this yet, but the C&A rep stated that I will receive a corrected FCC (new issue) in 2-3 weeks.  I also opted for the 125% cruise planner credit and have heard nothing yet.  I did receive the refunded port fees and taxes back to my credit card last week.

I called yesterday and it was cleared up in 24 hours so I bet you will not have to wait 2-3 weeks.

I am reading the messages now BUT THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME....I got a refund of about 387 each  - it looks like we did not get back the taxes or port charges.  This is a ROYAL MESS!!!

I am going to continue to read the postings from everyone with the hopes of getting an idea regarding a resolution.

49 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

I called yesterday and it was cleared up in 24 hours so I bet you will not have to wait 2-3 weeks.

I rebooked that cruise to Alaska for August 2021, so I am not in a huge rush. I feel better that it's been noted (I hope) on our booking#.  I know people who are hopeful to cruise this summer would like the FCC's now, so they can apply to final payments that are due.  I did try to call on Saturday evening, and hung up after over 3 hours on hold.  The 70 mins today was an improvement.  I can't even imagine how overwhelmed the customer service reps answering the calls must be right now. The whole situation is unfortunate - both for cruisers and the RC Corp.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:00 AM, Dewaldcruiser said:

I was on hold last night for 2 hours and then disconnected so I decided to try early this morning.  I got through in about 30 minutes.  The phone representative said that a batch of FCCs went out yesterday with the wrong amounts.  She said that the FCC would be canceled and new ones issued with a week or two.

She also told me that my future OBC had been processed.  I have seen nothing to indicate that that is true.  She gave me a different phone number to take care of that.  When I called, the message said they were closed until Monday morning.

Lastly, I asked about my refund of the taxes.  I was told that they refunded my taxes paid to my TA.  Called my TA and they said Royal should not have done that and it would take them at least a week to figure it out.

An incredible experience that is still ongoing.  The ill will that this whole process has generated will take a very long time to get over.

Thank you for your update,  I am watching this as my refund was NOT CORRECT also.  

I got the corrected FCC for 2 out or 3 in a cabin.  Haven't got the taxes & fees credited to my CC.  Also, there were 2 other reservations that i booked for my kids with the same sail date and no FCC or taxes & fees confirmation.

I've been on hold for 3 hours and still waiting for info about our FCC from our cancelled May 3 Harmony cruise.  I wanted a refund but since we used FCC to book that cruise, I can only get FCC.  I know they are swamped but this is ridiculous. 

And now they have hung up on me!

Edited by SoccerMom#3

I'm so sorry for the aggravation that everyone is going through.  I understand the delay with a cash refund as the cruise lines are struggling with cash flow. I can also accept some delay in issuing the FCC do to volume of refunds.   For the life of me I can't understand the shortage discrepancy with something that should be simple math. I imagine that this is an issue for those who are ready to book with the FCC. 

• Like 1

Same letter here.  I know they're trying.  A lot of the US staff was let go, so who even knows what they're working with.  Admin only has to write and send out the email letters.  I feel terrible for the ones who answer the phones - who are in no way at fault, yet have to speak to people already on hold for 3 plus hours.  It's a mess, and it will get  better eventually, but I think it's going to be awhile. Should i mark that May 14th date on my calendar to receive my corrected FCC?  I think I am going to use pencil, because it has an eraser.😂

Edited by Marylandteachergirl

20 hours ago, sunshine3215 said:

I am reading the messages now BUT THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME....I got a refund of about 387 each  - it looks like we did not get back the taxes or port charges.

Taxes/port charges are refunded back to credit card, not part of the FCC amount. Could take a while for the refund.

40 minutes ago, LeeW said:

I posted Sunday that my FCC seemed to be correct but got the email this morning saying they were going to give me more by Thursday.

I called on Sunday and mine was correct the next day , so I didn't get a letter other the one saying they were sorry and here is your corrected FCC 

2 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Taxes/port charges are refunded back to credit card, not part of the FCC amount. Could take a while for the refund.

You are correct , I had 3 separte refunds to my Visa all on the same day and over a week before I got my FCC.

We took the FCC and opted to take the 125% for OBC. We received our FCC on Friday ,which was correct, and had our TA use it on a cruise booked for next year. Went online to start planning. No OBC showing up. Called TA said she check into it . Just got a call back form her. She was told the OBC could not be used online. It could only be used once we were the ship.

33 minutes ago, garfield29 said:

We took the FCC and opted to take the 125% for OBC. We received our FCC on Friday ,which was correct, and had our TA use it on a cruise booked for next year. Went online to start planning. No OBC showing up. Called TA said she check into it . Just got a call back form her. She was told the OBC could not be used online. It could only be used once we were the ship.

I too took the 125% OBC and haven't got that yet. 

It also would come like the FCC did. 

i was thinking once you have it applied to your cruise you can use it through the daily planner.

32 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

I too took the 125% OBC and haven't got that yet. 

It also would come like the FCC did. 

i was thinking once you have it applied to your cruise you can use it through the daily planner.

I would sure hope we can use the OBC in our cruise planner once they give us a letter, or access code, or however they will handle it.  I purposefully chose that option because Alaska excursions are expensive, but they also sell out early.  I don't want to wait until I am on the ship to book.

53 minutes ago, Marylandteachergirl said:

I purposefully chose that option because Alaska excursions are expensive, but they also sell out early.  I don't want to wait until I am on the ship to book.

Me too but mine is for a Singapore Cruise