Table for eight?

Flatbush Flyer

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

But when it was locally owned by Hershey's .  I went to college in Annville, PA, and could smell it often.

Indeed.  I'm dating myself but you all know that I'm no longer a spring chicken!  I graduated college in 1964.

M

I'm an infrequent visitor here and most of you don't know me. FF was looking for perennial posters, so my vantage point is lame. But because I'm a recurrent visitor in the last several months going to post my slant anyway.

I presume for many a question like this is futile and too much like choosing dodgeball teams in third grade and being last.

I'd answer by using it as an opportunity to thank many of you who've shown me kindness and patience. Have received tons of help from FF and others, and lots of laughs too. Would need a wedding venue, not a table for eight, to party and enjoy your company. Know that there was a different intention but my perspective is that it is impossible to answer according to the laws of nature. 🙂

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Mura said:

Indeed.  I'm dating myself but you all know that I'm no longer a spring chicken!  I graduated college in 1964.

M

Lebanon Valley College '65.  🐔 😁

1 hour ago, Mura said:

Now when we go into Sprungli in Zurich (which is a shop selling wonderful chocolates, not making them), I can't resist buying far too much!

I am with you 🙂 but any place in Belgium is even worse - they do have the best chocolates in the world (and I don’t mean Godiva, as good as she is)

Back to he topic - agree with Petoonya - would need a larger table, especially as every poster here presumably comes with a SO 🙂

Edited by Paulchili

16 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I am with you 🙂 but any place in Belgium is even worse - they do have the best chocolates in the world ...

Paul, sometimes it is a bit “Twilight Zoney” how often our thoughts coincide.  I was planning to respond to Mura regarding the chocolates of Bruges, one of my favorite places ever because of its time capsule qualities: fabulous art, frites and indeed IMO the best chocolates in the world!  (Spouse legaleaglegreen probably would add its beer.) 

23 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

I was planning to respond to Mura regarding the chocolates of Bruges, one of my favorite places ever because of its time capsule qualities: fabulous art, frites and indeed IMO the best chocolates in the world!  (Spouse legaleaglegreen probably would add its beer.) 

My favorites are mussels with frites and beer followed by Neuhaus or Leonidas, 😍

And Ghent, Antwerp & Brussels all have their own charms (and Belgian waffles too) 🙂

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Paul, sometimes it is a bit “Twilight Zoney” how often our thoughts coincide.  I was planning to respond to Mura regarding the chocolates of Bruges, one of my favorite places ever because of its time capsule qualities: fabulous art, frites and indeed IMO the best chocolates in the world!  (Spouse legaleaglegreen probably would add its beer.) 

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

My favorites are mussels with frites and beer followed by Neuhaus or Leonidas, 😍

And Ghent, Antwerp & Brussels all have their own charms (and Belgian waffles too) 🙂

I DO love Belgium chocolates as well, but there were a number of years when we were frequently in Zurich, and so we discovered Sprungli.  But for chocolates, I don't insist on only ONE brand ... it just needs to be a premium brand!

16 minutes ago, Mura said:

I DO love Belgium chocolates as well, but there were a number of years when we were frequently in Zurich, and so we discovered Sprungli.  But for chocolates, I don't insist on only ONE brand ... it just needs to be a premium brand!

And your CC invitees to the last OLD NORMAL  "table for eight" (no spouses) are?  .......

Ah, I am avoiding that!  There are too many that I'd want to meet and since I don't want to leave anyone out ...

I'm also not sure that we will be cruising again.  Certainly "we" won't be cruising again, and when I tried to book a solo cruise in 2018 I had to cancel because I couldn't leave DH home alone ... so we have to see what will happen.

11 minutes ago, Mura said:

Ah, I am avoiding that!  There are too many that I'd want to meet and since I don't want to leave anyone out ...

I'm also not sure that we will be cruising again.  Certainly "we" won't be cruising again, and when I tried to book a solo cruise in 2018 I had to cancel because I couldn't leave DH home alone ... so we have to see what will happen.

That is a quandary that Thoreau wrote of....  that everything you do has a opposite side.   Here we are panicked about a virus  so we give up travel for what  we think will get us safety to travel later, On the other side, doing so means to give up time which we  can not stop or replace.     

So person x stays home to be safe, for a year or so   and then decides to go, but age and personal health then wont allow him.   

Was he really wise or did he waste an opportunity  that can not be replaced?      

Edited by Hawaiidan

• 4 weeks later...

Not many answers to the original question.  Flatbush, you need to answer as it's your query.  I don't know anyone so doubt I'll hurt feelings:  Clo, Paulchili, YoHoHO, Hawaiidan, LHT, Mura and FF if we don't kill each other 🙂

21 minutes ago, Zesty Italian said:

Not many answers to the original question.  Flatbush, you need to answer as it's your query.  I don't know anyone so doubt I'll hurt feelings:  Clo, Paulchili, YoHoHO, Hawaiidan, LHT, Mura and FF if we don't kill each other 🙂

I am honored by you including me but I will not touch this topic with an 10 pole (as the saying goes) 😀

• Like 2

I was included with you and a few others by Nonregdaduck in another thread today.  I first felt like you about not touching it, but I was honored to be included and thought if might be fun.  I don't think anyone means to hurt feelings and it's understood that only 8 can be picked.  You and others could always put more that they'd like.  As, I said I don't know anyone.

3 minutes ago, Zesty Italian said:

I was thinking that you and a few regulars would have a harder time as you at least have written each other for awhile and may even have met.  I still want to hear FF's picks as he started this.

I thought about folks not wanting to offend anyone with exclusion (as one reason for the few responses. But, the most interesting tables might net different arrangements/groups of ten. And, I'm betting most of the CC regulars would get a mention here and there.

For the most part, I've been pleasantly surprised at M&Gs when we've had an opportunity to put a face with a screen name over one or three martinis.

FWIW, one of my possible table groupings would include jancruz, pinotlover, deanonorthperth, navybankerteacher, hawaiidan, paulchili, and the relative newbie- zestyitalian (if for no other reason than I could take his picture for Vinnie😎)

5 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:
7 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

(if for no other reason than I could take his picture for Vinnie

And here I resisted commenting on Sicilians!!  My dad is turning in his grave.  It would be her picture for Vinnie.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

FWIW, one of my possible table groupings would include jancruz, pinotlover, deanonorthperth, navybankerteacher, hawaiidan, paulchili, and the relative newbie- zestyitalian (if for no other reason than I could take his picture for Vinnie😎)

Is that seven men and one woman?  If so, no problem for me because I put my cards entirely on Jan! 😄

Maybe we should take over Horizons and set up 3 dozen tables?

No, I guess that wouldn't work either.

Besides, lots of us are reluctant to travel any time soon ...

Personally, I'd love to have dinner with all of you ... just don't know when that can happen.

Mura

10 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Never thought about gender for my picks. Have only cruised with Jan and Deano (so far).

And what a formidable Trivia team we made!

I'm honoured to be invited onto your table and look forward to taking up the invitation some time in the future.