Photo Package - All Digital: Questions

I was looking at the photo packages. I went to add it to my cart. It wouldn't let me until I selected someone in our cabin. No big deal. However, the package is "per adult". Why is this not per cabin? The way I see it, we are all going to be together for most photos, but not always. If I purchase for 1 adult and that adult is not there for the picture, will we not have access? $120 is a fair price in my opinion, but $360 is not.

What does everyone else do for this?

It covers anyone in your cabin it's just royals way of making things more confusing. It works on facial recognition so just get everyone in the 1st photo taken then you should be ok 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

I was looking at the photo packages. I went to add it to my cart. It wouldn't let me until I selected someone in our cabin. No big deal. However, the package is "per adult". Why is this not per cabin? The way I see it, we are all going to be together for most photos, but not always. If I purchase for 1 adult and that adult is not there for the picture, will we not have access? $120 is a fair price in my opinion, but $360 is not.

What does everyone else do for this?

It is a great price!  It is per cabin.  In addition, if you have friends/family and they want to take a picture with you, as long as the people or person in your cabin is in the picture, it is included in your package.  The only great bargain on a cruise!  We typically take well over 100 pictures on a cruise.  Great because you have them emailed to you now and can choose which one's you like to print or to make a photo book with.  If you consider most pictures cost about $15-25 per picture- even $300 is a bargain.  You do the math!  Hope we can all cruise again and purchase the package.

Edited by Cruise a holic

2 hours ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Just as an FYI you won't get the pictures until 2-3 weeks after you sail

You get them on a CD or Thumb drive and walk off the ship with them..  You can alaso download them directly yo your email account..   It's rare that people order prints any more

1 minute ago, TigerLady said:

You get them on a CD or Thumb drive and walk off the ship with them..  You can alaso download them directly yo your email account..   It's rare that people order prints any more

If you buy the thumbdrive or CD on the ship, then yes.  If you pre-purchase the package like this post is talking about they email you a link to your photos within 10 business days of your cruise ending, which is 2-3 weeks all in.

Per Stateroom.  1 person from the stateroom must be in the shot...though I recall 'accidentally' adding a friend or two and the pics ended up on the drive.  (Cool your jets, it was like 3 pictures.)

When you buy ahead of your cruise, it isn't automatically updated onboard so if your pictures are watermarked for a day or two, it's fine, they'll get to it.

You can download them onboard using the url+code you'll see in the kiosk or download all at once from the vendor after your cruise.  They say one week, but it took 2-3 and contacting support to get mine. 😞

It is unlimited and the photographers are happy to take as many shots as you'd like.  I took ~500 last cruise.

If you buy the thumbdrive or CD on the ship, then yes.  If you pre-purchase the package like this post is talking about they email you a link to your photos within 10 business days of your cruise ending, which is 2-3 weeks all in.
We disembarked Freedom on 10/6, last fall, and received the link by email on 10/8. Very convenient.

On 5/11/2020 at 11:20 AM, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Based on my last three cruises, the most recent one was February, CD or thumbdrive is no longer an option.  They are available on a website for download a couple of weeks after your cruise.

13 hours ago, mojomanny said:

Based on my last three cruises, the most recent one was February, CD or thumbdrive is no longer an option.  They are available on a website for download a couple of weeks after your cruise.

What happens is that when you arrive home, typically within one week, you are sent an online address to go to and get download your pictures. We do not want prints, as 200 plus can take up a whole carry on and are heavy!

So easy.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Well, I am not the happiest person now. I purchased it on their site. Never checked to see that it completely went through and billed my cc. When I checked this morning, it is not on my credit card and not on my Cruise Planner. The package is no longer available. We'll have to see if it comes back. I would be able to have it if it billed my cc, but alas it didn't. I am guessing they canceled it.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:19 PM, CruisingHogFan said:

Looks like they have changed the program and pricing moving forward. Now there is a 10, 20, or unlimited option for either print/digital that can be prebooked. Unlimited prices has gone up on my sailings.

Continue to look at pricing.  For example our price for the deluxe beverage package in January on our back to back Oasis cruise went down significantly .  Perhaps a memorial day special.  Keep checking.

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 5:53 PM, Biker19 said:

I don't recall discussion of the photo operation ownership on board the ships but this line item on the 10Q SEC RCCL filing yesterday was interesting:

image.thumb.png.a3d8b11601c2fa7f4520c31e68c7706d.png

That makes sense as I had noticed the changes to photo packages and wondered why they seem to have dropped the unlimited package options.

Edited by banzaii

• 5 months later...

Hey Everyone,

My cruise planner has a 10 print, 20 prints or 100 prints/digital ($134.99).  If I pick the 100 pictures will they let me take physical prints home?  When I search photo packages I only see people getting digital prints.  We've had problems with digital prints and watermarks in the past, so I would prefer actual physical prints I can take home.

Thanks for any input.

14 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

Hey Everyone,

My cruise planner has a 10 print, 20 prints or 100 prints/digital ($134.99).  If I pick the 100 pictures will they let me take physical prints home?  When I search photo packages I only see people getting digital prints.  We've had problems with digital prints and watermarks in the past, so I would prefer actual physical prints I can take home.

Thanks for any input.

It’s easy now.  You are emailed the link a few days after the cruise.  Easy to transfer to a vendor who cam make you an album or print the pics you want.  Take the 100 you can also use a jump drive and transfer to an electronic frame or whatever you want

Edited by Cruise a holic