Final Payment Due

Hi there,

I have just checked my invoice and says my final payment date is tomorrow (15th May 2020), I fully expect this cruise to be cancelled as it sails on 11th July 2020.

I thought that I normally get an email informing me that final payment is due, but havent received one, what has been your experiences of this and should I call them tomorrow and make payment?

many thanks

Fandash

7 minutes ago, fandash said:

I thought that I normally get an email informing me that final payment is due, but havent received one, what has been your experiences of this and should I call them tomorrow and make payment?

Never rely on RCI IT to send you an e-mail reminder. You may want to consider downgrading to the cheapest cabin available (so you have the least amount of money tied up), make final payment and then take the refund when RCI cancels the sailing.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fandash said:

Hi there,

I have just checked my invoice and says my final payment date is tomorrow (15th May 2020), I fully expect this cruise to be cancelled as it sails on 11th July 2020.

many thanks

Fandash

I would. You are under contract to do so or incur a penalty.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been getting almost daily emails reminding me of my 5/16 final payment date.  They are hungry!  

But normally, I don't receive one.  It's always just noted in my daily planner...another bill that needs to be paid like anything else.  

I did get my refund on my 5/31 Harmony cruise today...so incoming...then outgoing.  They still maintain my $$ for another month...with the "next to be cancelled cruise" awaiting announcement.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

The only reason to pay it is if you want to get non refundable deposit back when they cancel and don't mind letting them have the money for the full price for 90 days or so. You can also cancel and get the deposit as a FCC (assuming non refundable or you'd already have cancelled and gotten the deposit back). Or you can lift and shift to a cruise next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1