Carnival lido buffet-what FOOD items add or delete

geckoaz

15 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Is it the same as it is on the Horizon & Vista, or did they change it again? On the Horizon, even on port day mornings when everyone was getting breakfast at the same time in a hurry to get off the ship, lines were minimal compared to the traditional buffet lines on others ships. A majority of the cruise, I walked right up and got what I wanted for breakfast without waiting. So nice.

I was on the Vista in 2018, but I can't remember.  It must be the same setup.  I wish all of Carnival's ships had this setup because there are virtually no lines.  You don't have to stand in one long line.  

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 11:21 PM, madamerkf said:

I love the Indian food 

Amen to that.  I had never tried Indian food before my Magic cruise in 2015.  I had just been diagnosed two weeks before with the thing that will eventually kill me (it hasn't yet obviously and I ain't gonna waste time worrying about it) and was told I had to be on a very strict vegetarian diet.  

About the second day, so the second time I went to the Indian place, I asked the Indian chef behind the buffet if a certain item was vegetarian.  He was very nice...he asked me which of the dishes I liked, so I pointed to them....I like this..and this..and this...this is inedible, who eats this??...etc...and he told me to wait.  He went inside and made a special meal just for me.  It was amazing.  I unfortunately never saw him again, but i did send a letter to Carnival thanking him.  

It seems trivial, but at the time it was very important.  It was very depressing not being able to eat what I wanted, and I felt like I was doomed to live the left of my life deprived of normalcy.  This chef's gesture made me feel like normalcy was out there and I could find it.  

Edited by Chief93
Correction
  • Like 5

Chief93, I hope you are doing well with your medical condition.  I have not always enjoyed Indian food and curry, but learned to do so, when I had a group of friends who were from the culture, and others who were vegetarian, and so I gradually learned to try new things, and found that WOW, | really liked it, not all of it, but most of it. When I was on cruises and expressed interest in the cuisine, the waiters and chefs really seemed to be more than happy that I enjoyed it, and that I wanted to try new offerings.  They just could not do enough.  

1 minute ago, SMSACE6 said:

WOW, | really liked it, not all of it, but most of it. 

Absolutely agree.  Some of it is delicious, some I can take or leave, and some things are just vile!!!  I've also learned to ask how spicy something is going to be.  

33 minutes ago, Chief93 said:

Amen to that.  I had never tried Indian food before my Magic cruise in 2015.  I had just been diagnosed two weeks before with the thing that will eventually kill me (it hasn't yet obviously and I ain't gonna waste time worrying about it) and was told I had to be on a very strict vegetarian diet.  

About the second day, so the second time I went to the Indian place, I asked the Indian chef behind the buffet if a certain item was vegetarian.  He was very nice...he asked me which of the dishes I liked, so I pointed to them....I like this..and this..and this...this is inedible, who eats this??...etc...and he told me to wait.  He went inside and made a special meal just for me.  It was amazing.  I unfortunately never saw him again, but i did send a letter to Carnival thanking him.  

It seems trivial, but at the time it was very important.  It was very depressing not being able to eat what I wanted, and I felt like I was doomed to live the left of my life deprived of normalcy.  This chef's gesture made me feel like normalcy was out there and I could find it.  

Isn't it great how out of the way workers on a cruise ship are willing to go to be helpful to the passengers!

The next time something like this happens give a write up on the ship to the worker who did something special to make your cruise special. This factors into workers getting promotions.

@Chief93 on our cruises we order at least one Indian dish because we know it will be delicious! I wish the buffet had more Indian dishes as well.  If you dine in the MDR, there is usually a vegetarian Indian dish available.  If not, ask. I hope your medical issue becomes something you can manage with choices that give you tasty food throughout your next cruise👍.