Preziosa "Not under command" and adrift

Até

Okay, I know the cruise ships have been having fun with reporting their status. Preziosa has been near Freeport most of the day with it's AIS data reporting "Adrift" and "Not Under Command".  I do wonder when MSC is going to send crew homeward on one or more ships, I was told that was the main reason for gathering off Ocean Cay.  Most other lines have long since left the area taking crew home.

Prez.jpg

Still showing as such this morning, but to your point, I think yes it's just people playing with their AIS status or settings.

That said I also find it odd that they still have ships like Preziosa and possible Meraviglia still over there, surely they could have recalled them to Europe now, as that is where they would need to be should they plan on resuming itineraries in the upcoming months??

Crew member on Divina told me yesterday the crews from the other MSC ships at the island have boarded and Divina will return to Europe to help get them back to their home countries. Bunkering at Freeport today then headed to Europe 

1 hour ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Crew member on Divina told me yesterday the crews from the other MSC ships at the island have boarded and Divina will return to Europe to help get them back to their home countries. Bunkering at Freeport today then headed to Europe 

That's what I was wondering as I've been told the same and I now see Divina is also at Freeport.  I've been watching to see which ship(s) head back to Europe/Asia/South America? for crew repatriation.  I figured it could be either or all of Divina, Meraviglia and/or Preziosa, which are all "officially" due in Europe for the late Summer.

One of the NCL ships had the AIS data reporting as "Fishing" in Port Canaveral, so hopefully this is just a spoof.

I think MSC has been holding up some ships on this side of the pond in hopes that they can resume sailing. So many things are unknown. I'm glad I am not making the decisions. 

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

One of the NCL ships had the AIS data reporting as "Fishing" in Port Canaveral, so hopefully this is just a spoof.

I also saw that several weeks ago.  The thread title was mostly for fun, maybe I should have stated more clearly it was very likely just them messing around.  I was more interested to see there was finally some movement of the US/Caribbean based fleet.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I think MSC has been holding up some ships on this side of the pond in hopes that they can resume sailing. So many things are unknown. I'm glad I am not making the decisions. 

0 ports???

Divina's destination changed to Algrecias, Spain.  Preziosa's status changed to "Underway using engine" but destination still says "Adrift".

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Até said:

Meraviglia, Seaside and Preziosa are all around Ocean Cay, Armonia has been difficult to track but is last known to be there also.

Thanks for the information.  None of the 4 have been into the Port of Miami to refuel/re-provision for some time.  (As far as I know; but, I check the Port of Miami webcam daily.)  Are they able to do so at Ocean Cay?

• 2 weeks later...