CC Dispute then Refund?

LDVinNC

Now that refunds are starting to trickle in, but slowly, I wonder how it will work for those of us who filed disputes.  Two of my three cards have posted provisional credits, and I had to send information to the other one, so no credit there yet.

If I should be so lucky as to get a refund, will the provisional credits automatically be cancelled or will we have to take some action? Since mine was for 2 cruises, and if only one refund comes in at a time,  what will happen?

Beginning to regret filing the dispute, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Ours is a Citi DoubleCash card and filed the dispute online. When I log on and go to it, there is a button to cancel it. If they decided to credit it back before 6/12, which is the current deadline, then I can just cancel the dispute online.

• Like 1

We once had a roundtrip flight booked to Fort Lauderdale from one of the NY airports through one of the major travel sites. The flight was for going on a cruise. Well, the airline change the flight from direct to a stop in Dallas and then onto Fort Lauderdale. Not only was this inconvenient, but we would have got to Fort Lauderdale maybe in time to wave to the cruise as it left the port.

I called the travel provider to cancel the flight and charge my card back, and they said no. I contacted my credit card company to contest the charge. They took the information and said they would look into it.

DW then said call the airline. I did and after a delay for the rep to talk to a supervisor, the charge to the airline was cancelled. I called the credit card company back and explained what I had just done and dropped the dispute. 

• Like 1