Would Royal book a cabin over capacity?

I've never cruised Royal before, so I'm hoping someone here can help answer my question.  Is it possible that Royal could (accidentally) book 4 people in a cabin that could only accommodate 2?  Our reservation shows the 4 in our family (2 adults, a 4yo and a 2yo), and the deck plans for our assigned room do not show that a sofa bed or pullman are in our room.  The logical side of my brain says that their booking system should not allow this to happen, but looking at the deck plans on the website (and other cruise cabin sites) seems to show it is only a 2 person room.  So I'm trying not to panic (but still panicking a little- we need the sofa bed and probably a pack and play for the 2 yo).  😬

We have 3 cabins in a row (travelling with my in-laws) and my sister-in-law is also our travel agent, so I'm kinda in a weird place here.  I don't want to imply that she has made a mistake, but I don't want to show up on the ship and my kids don't have a place to sleep!  We just shifted today from July 2020 to July 2021, so she was on the phone with them, I would think that would help accuracy but maybe not.  

So I guess my question is:  Can/should I call or email Royal to confirm that our cabin will accommodate 4 (and has a sofa bed)?  Or do I have to let my TA/SIL double check this?  It is Serenade of the Seas #7570 in case anyone would like to take a look at the deck plans and tell me if I'm being crazy or not!  😁

2 minutes ago, becko2000 said:

I've never cruised Royal before, so I'm hoping someone here can help answer my question.  Is it possible that Royal could (accidentally) book 4 people in a cabin that could only accommodate 2?  Our reservation shows the 4 in our family (2 adults, a 4yo and a 2yo), and the deck plans for our assigned room do not show that a sofa bed or pullman are in our room.  The logical side of my brain says that their booking system should not allow this to happen, but looking at the deck plans on the website (and other cruise cabin sites) seems to show it is only a 2 person room.  So I'm trying not to panic (but still panicking a little- we need the sofa bed and probably a pack and play for the 2 yo).  😬

We have 3 cabins in a row (travelling with my in-laws) and my sister-in-law is also our travel agent, so I'm kinda in a weird place here.  I don't want to imply that she has made a mistake, but I don't want to show up on the ship and my kids don't have a place to sleep!  We just shifted today from July 2020 to July 2021, so she was on the phone with them, I would think that would help accuracy but maybe not.  

So I guess my question is:  Can/should I call or email Royal to confirm that our cabin will accommodate 4 (and has a sofa bed)?  Or do I have to let my TA/SIL double check this?  It is Serenade of the Seas #7570 in case anyone would like to take a look at the deck plans and tell me if I'm being crazy or not!  😁

You are correct that the deck  plans show that 7570 is for two passengers - no symbol showing any kind of additional bedding.

If you have three cabins, how many people total?  Are the other two 72 & 74?  One of those has a pullman.  One of those has a sofabed. Only 70 has neither.

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You are correct that the deck  plans show that 7570 is for two passengers - no symbol showing any kind of additional bedding.

If you have three cabins, how many people total?  Are the other two 72 & 74?  One of those has a pullman.  One of those has a sofabed. Only 70 has neither.

There are 12 of us total- 4 in each cabin.  I believe the other cabins would be 66 and 68, as 2 of them were connecting.  

4 minutes ago, becko2000 said:

There are 12 of us total- 4 in each cabin.  I believe the other cabins would be 66 and 68, as 2 of them were connecting.  

68 is only for two, also.

Either your SIL messed up, or the deck plans published on two different sites are wrong.

27 minutes ago, becko2000 said:

Do you have the actual Royal Caribbean invoice?

I don't intend to sound condescending, but are you SURE that it's the Serenade of the Seas?  And that those are the cabin numbers on the invoices?

This thread makes about as much sense as VP Pence not wanting to wear a face mask because he wanted to be able to look people in the eye when he talks to them.

Let me get this straight, your traveling with the person who booked your cruise. And is a TA but you would rather ask a bunch of strangers instead of asking the obvious person how they may have screwed up the reservation.

Just ask her... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Do you have the actual Royal Caribbean invoice?

I don't intend to sound condescending, but are you SURE that it's the Serenade of the Seas?  And that those are the cabin numbers on the invoices?

No offense taken, Serenade #7570 is what is listed when I log into the cruise planner on the Royal website.  

Now what is interesting is if you look at the deck plans for our Serenade cabin for this summer (that was cancelled) it was #7162, which shows the diamond icon for sofa bed and pullman (so would sleep 4).  If you look at the deck plans for #7162 for next summer, it shows the asterisk icon, for pullman only (sleeping 3).  Could Royal be reducing cabin capacity due to Covid-19?  

4 minutes ago, becko2000 said:

No offense taken, Serenade #7570 is what is listed when I log into the cruise planner on the Royal website.  

Now what is interesting is if you look at the deck plans for our Serenade cabin for this summer (that was cancelled) it was #7162, which shows the diamond icon for sofa bed and pullman (so would sleep 4).  If you look at the deck plans for #7162 for next summer, it shows the asterisk icon, for pullman only (sleeping 3).  Could Royal be reducing cabin capacity due to Covid-19?  

Anything is possible.  

Tell your SIL that you are concerned, and you need  her to look into this ASAP.  Availability will decrease with time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, joelheather said:

This thread makes about as much sense as VP Pence not wanting to wear a face mask because he wanted to be able to look people in the eye when he talks to them.

Let me get this straight, you're  traveling with the person who booked your cruise. And is a TA but you would rather ask a bunch of strangers instead of asking the obvious person how they may have screwed up the reservation.

Just ask her... 

That wasn't very nice.  It is not unreasonable to think that experienced cruisers on this website would have some helpful insight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, joelheather said:

Let me get this straight, your traveling with the person who booked your cruise. And is a TA but you would rather ask a bunch of strangers instead of asking the obvious person how they may have screwed up the reservation.

Just ask her... 

Everyone's family dynamics are different.  Thanks though.

34 minutes ago, joelheather said:

Just ask her... 

My eyes are fully exposed when I wear a mask, it's only when I wear my mirrored glasses you can't see the whites of my eye's.

That quote shows you how stupid people are when they hear and can't comprehend

21 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Anything is possible.  

Tell your SIL that you are concerned, and you need  her to look into this ASAP.  Availability will decrease with time.

Thanks for all of your insight!  I will definitely have her double check.  

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I just checked a third site.

This site shows all three of your cabins with one pullman bed.  That means occupancy for three.  Still not good for 12 cruisers.

Something is messed up here.

Carol, staring a May 2021 the asterisk  no longer means a Pullman.  It will be used to identify a cabin that holds 4 guests.  Royal will no longer tell you what type of bedding is in the room. 

7570 will hold 4 guests. 

6EF43E38-1C4E-4C63-B9B7-02965BF42FF5.jpeg

B10C7B54-80F4-4462-82A1-287B71F510D7.jpeg

1 hour ago, joelheather said:

Just ask her... 

nothing is wrong with the reservation, and yes the OP was able to get the answer here. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Carol, staring a May 2021 the asterisk  no longer means a Pullman.  It will be used to identify a cabin that holds 4 guests.  Royal will no longer tell you what type of bedding is in the room. 

7570 will hold 4 guests. 

This isn't the same as what I see on the Royal website, even when I click on the May 5, 2021- September 2021 range.  Is this from Royal's website?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, becko2000 said:

This isn't the same as what I see on the Royal website, even when I click on the May 5, 2021- September 2021 range.  Is this from Royal's website?

Royal’s consumer website is horrible,  this is from Cruising Power which is Royal’s Website for Travel agents. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

7570 will hold 4 guests. 

Wow...why is Royal going this route? We travel with a family that has two teens, a girl and a boy...they want to know if there are separate beds for them in their cabin...

3 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Wow...why is Royal going this route? We travel with a family that has two teens, a girl and a boy...they want to know if there are separate beds for them in their cabin...

Print off copies of old deck plans so you know where the Pullman’s are.  That won’t change. As to why, I have no idea.