RCI Mid October 2020 7 day Caribbean from Galveston

Who knows?  Even the execs don't know for sure.  Why would you lose your whole cruise fare if RCI cancels?  You'd get it all back in either a refund or an FCC  if they cancel.  If you have a non-refundable deposit, that goes back to you as an FCC then the rest of your money is either refunded to your credit card or you can choose an FCC, usually at 125% of the cruise fare paid.

IMO, don't cancel now.  Then you'd be out money.  If the cruise goes ahead, then you're paid in full.  If it doesn't, then you would get a full refund or an FCC.

no one knows for certain. However, if Disney World, hotels, and all other entertainment industries can open, so can the ports. They have said it would start with FL and Galveston and grow from there. There are questions from there what ports will allow ships to dock. It could be a cruise to nowhere and never port until return to Galveston. Unlikely, but as much as a possibility as anything else. 

I would not give up my deposit. Pay the balance when it is due and let RCI cancel your cruise.

There is a cancel within 48 hours where your deposit is a fcc if you cant lift and shift and dont want to go.

Imo we have to learn to live with covid, it's up to you if you are ready to cruise.

Galveston is open, the beaches are open.

2 hours ago, datolim said:

No chance RCL will cruise this year if ever again.

Don't throw any more money into RCL.

Lolol post of the day. Lolol.  

I'm not afraid of traveling under COVID restrictions. We sailed the Panama Canal during flu season and actually had an outbreak on the ship (Princess). They handled it extremely well and we came back unscathed. Never went to the buffet, only used our cabin restroom and paid attention when out. If RCL sails...... we'll go. Not real sure about the comment that RCL will never cruise again. WOW!!!! Heavy.

We were looking forward to this as a celebration for our granddaughters graduation from nursing school. Bunch of family going. Probably know a lot more by July and make a decision then. We were just looking for any possible insight.

Thanks, BL

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 12:16 AM, Ptroxx said:

Lolol post of the day. Lolol.  

I've decided he is short the stock. He is always posting rcl is going bankrupt or something else cheery. 

The doom and gloomers are thinning out though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 4:08 PM, The Big Lebowski said:

I have to finalize ($$$) my cruise sometime in July or lose my deposit. Does anyone know if RCI will be back up by then? I'm wondering if we should just cancel our plans and eat the deposit rather than taking the chance of losing everything. 

Our final payment for an August Alaska cruise was to have been due this week.  We only had a NRD in place for this cruise.  We decided to go ahead and cancel under Royal's Cruise with Confidence program.  TA put it in for us, and we will receive a FCC for the deposit.  I feel certain we'll cruise and be able to use this in the future. 

We are one of the fortunate ones.  One of our cruises we cancelled and have received the FCC. Only waiting on taxes to be refunded.  Another of our cruises Royal cancelled, and we received the complete refund for that one.