Shareholder Benefit

11 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Just emailed shareholderbenefit@rccl.com with my latest eTrade statement for a Royal Caribbean cruise 5/9/21 and and Celebrity cruise 12/11/21 and received my shareholder OBC within 4 hours for both.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 9.24.14 PM.png

How far before a cruise can you request the OBC.  In the past, I have applied about 3 months before the cruse.  Looks like you are about 18 months before the cruise. 

9 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

How far before a cruise can you request the OBC.  In the past, I have applied about 3 months before the cruse.  Looks like you are about 18 months before the cruise. 

I don't think there is any restriction.  I've been applying as soon as it shows up on my list of upcoming cruises.  I use the online tool and haven't had any issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I'm not certain.  Honestly, I was a little surprised it went through since (I believe) the board has to vote each year to reauthorize the shareholder OBC benefit and this is solidly outside of that time frame.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I don't think there is any restriction.  I've been applying as soon as it shows up on my list of upcoming cruises.  I use the online tool and haven't had any issues.

I just went on line and applied for 3 cruises.  March 2021 and April 2022 went thru no problems for the $250 each.  The middle cruise, Odyssey in Sept 2021, never asked me to download the proof and never asked for the other info.  I’ll wait and if I get the other 2, I will try again for Sept.  

15 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Just emailed shareholderbenefit@rccl.com with my latest eTrade statement for a Royal Caribbean cruise 5/9/21 and and Celebrity cruise 12/11/21 and received my shareholder OBC within 4 hours for both.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 9.24.14 PM.png

Will do the same.  Thanks for the email address.  Can I just attach a copy of our proxy notice for May 28th shareholder meeting?  

NJ 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I just went on line and applied for 3 cruises.  March 2021 and April 2022 went thru no problems for the $250 each.  The middle cruise, Odyssey in Sept 2021, never asked me to download the proof and never asked for the other info.  I’ll wait and if I get the other 2, I will try again for Sept.  

They have always required the proof.  Occasionally, I forget to attach it, and they email me back and tell me that they need it.

3 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Will do the same.  Thanks for the email address.  Can I just attach a copy of our proxy notice for May 28th shareholder meeting?  

NJ 

From: https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

It sounds  like your proxy card is acceptable proof of ownership.  Haven't tried it myself.  That would certainly be easier than saving a PDF of a brokerage statement and then redacting all the stuff they don't need to see out of it.  🙂

"Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship and sailing date along with a copy of your shareholder proxy card, a current (60-90 days) brokerage statement or a current (30-60 days) trade confirmation or a letter from your broker on broker related letterhead showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. along with your sailing date, name of vessel and reservation/booking number."

Edited by mk-ultra

28 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

From: https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

It sounds  like your proxy card is acceptable proof of ownership.  Haven't tried it myself.  That would certainly be easier than saving a PDF of a brokerage statement and then redacting all the stuff they don't need to see out of it.  🙂

"Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship and sailing date along with a copy of your shareholder proxy card, a current (60-90 days) brokerage statement or a current (30-60 days) trade confirmation or a letter from your broker on broker related letterhead showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. along with your sailing date, name of vessel and reservation/booking number."

will try just the proxy card (with other details, etc.) & let you know.  Just figured it was easier.

NJ 

Last I had heard the shareholder benefit didn’t stack with C&A benefits, so this is really exciting. My husband and I share our brokerage account, so assume we could only receive the benefit once (regardless of # of shares). However, we have a separate custodial account for our son (under 18). Anyone know if he could also receive the Shareholder benefit? Sometimes he’s in a separate room with my mom, if that matters...

On 7/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, alane10 said:

Last I had heard the shareholder benefit didn’t stack with C&A benefits, so this is really exciting. My husband and I share our brokerage account, so assume we could only receive the benefit once (regardless of # of shares). However, we have a separate custodial account for our son (under 18). Anyone know if he could also receive the Shareholder benefit? Sometimes he’s in a separate room with my mom, if that matters...

I don't know the rules for the custodial account, but if you and your husband have >= 200 shares and you are booked in different cabins, you can each get the OBC.  

On 7/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, alane10 said:

Please let us know if you contact Shareholder Benefits with your questions and what their answer is. Thanks.

I submitted the online form for 3 cruises.  16 days, 12 days and 16 days.  Used the same scan of my statement.  The 2 16 day cruises were approved in 2 days.  The 12 day was denied as they wanted more info - the scan did not have my name on the page.  I just corrected and resent.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks, but it's been over a month. May just go the email route

Before all off the cruise cancellations were going on I snail mailed a request and never got a confirmation, suppose the folks that would have processed these are now working from home .

• Thanks 1

When I send off a request, I do so via email and attach my statement. I seem to hear back from them in under a week, sometimes the next day. 

But I was always under the impression that my statement must be dated 90 days or less of the sail date to qualify. I have never sent in a statement a year in advance. But from input here, it appears early submissions are being accepted. 

Suzi 

On 7/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, cruise wizard said:

Please let us know if you contact Shareholder Benefits with your questions and what their answer is. Thanks.

They said my son’s name needed to be on the custodial account, but sounds like it should work!