125% Credit For Pre-Bookings: Response Time?

Fly and Sail

I opted for the 125% future credit related to my pre-purchased onboard services (Drink Package, Internet) and filled out the ridiculous survey form.

Any idea about the response time? I'd like to move my cruise date to 2021 but not sure if this needs to be processed  first.

Weeks!

But you don´t have to wait for your next booking. 
The FCC is not used as a deposit, but can be applied to an existing booking.
So you can simply book and then apply the FCC later.

Edited by Miaminice

3 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Weeks!

But you don´t have to wait for your next booking. 
The FCC is not used as a deposit, but can be applied to an existing booking.
So you can simply book and then apply the FCC later.

I somehow feel like C/RCCL will be unable to pull up any record for a shifted/cancelled cruise as in what you previously spent. Their IT as far as I experienced it is absolutely abysmal.

Oh well I guess I gotta hope for the best.

8 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I opted for the 125% future credit related to my pre-purchased onboard services (Drink Package, Internet) and filled out the ridiculous survey form.

Any idea about the response time? I'd like to move my cruise date to 2021 but not sure if this needs to be processed  first.

I did that 4 weeks ago, opting for the  125%  credit for my shore excursions.   I just received the following this week -

There has been a change to your cruise reservation or guest status. When cruise reservations are cancelled, activity or services under the cruise reservation are also cancelled. All reservations cancelled are listed below.

The credit card to which the order was charged will be credited within two billing cycles. 

So much for that! I guess I will eventually get my money back.

7 minutes ago, djh said:

I did that 4 weeks ago, opting for the  125%  credit for my shore excursions.   I just received the following this week -

There has been a change to your cruise reservation or guest status. When cruise reservations are cancelled, activity or services under the cruise reservation are also cancelled. All reservations cancelled are listed below.

The credit card to which the order was charged will be credited within two billing cycles. 

So much for that! I guess I will eventually get my money back.

Well I'm not sure this is how they will handle it for everybody but I'm not surprised of their usual disaster management style.

We received  our FCC to apply to our booked cruise.  Waited 11 weeks,  Took  certificate to our travel agent to apply.  He told us celebrity is taking 4 to 6 weeks to process  to the balance.  In the age of electronics why such a wait?  How can staff on the ships be so good and have a poor staff stateside?

6 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I somehow feel like C/RCCL will be unable to pull up any record for a shifted/cancelled cruise as in what you previously spent. Their IT as far as I experienced it is absolutely abysmal.

Oh well I guess I gotta hope for the best.

I have had no problems with their knowing how much you spent on the first (cancelled). cruise. We had a cruise scheduled for 5/21/2020 and it was cancelled and we got our 125% certificates via e-mail on Monday of this week. Worked great. We called and booked another cruise for September 2021. We had to put down a deposit (it was a more expensive cruise in a more expensive stateroom) and the FCC covered all but about $800 with the $450 per person deposit. 

Jim

What a disaster... just called them and although the lady was friendly she said the "old" cruise was already in refund process and all she can do was doing a new booking at the same price and the old payment will be refunded.

Then she couldn't add my OBC back on and has to ask permission on the back-end.

Why make it easy if you can be a PITA and hassle your customers!? 🤬

I received the same letter blah blah about refunding my card used in 2 billing cycles---requested the 125% OBC credit.   Guess I'll be waiting to see what happens,   I was happy to see how detailed the letter was with my purchases 🙂

I opted for the more reliable option;  I cancelled our speciality restaurant booking and beverage package upgrade just before the cruise was cancelled and those charges were refunded in about a week.  

So I didn’t get the extra 25% but I have the money and can purchase what I want, when I want with  no hassle.  I’m not trying to get ahead on this pandemic just trying to stay even and minimize the hassle.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:14 AM, Mr&MrsBee said:

We received  our FCC to apply to our booked cruise.  Waited 11 weeks,  Took  certificate to our travel agent to apply.  He told us celebrity is taking 4 to 6 weeks to process  to the balance.  In the age of electronics why such a wait?  How can staff on the ships be so good and have a poor staff stateside?

Because the refunds are not automated and are being processed by people working from home.  Impossible to really hire new people and get them fully trained in less than 10 to 12 weeks.  X is dealing with some 100 times normal cancellations that are fully paid.

I was sent the letter quoted in #6 when we cancelled our cruise on 17th April. It detailed a first night booking for Select Dining, which of course was £0.00.

I had already cancelled our excursions on 10th March and the refunds were on my credit card by 27th March.

Edited by upwarduk

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I was sent the letter quoted in #6 when we cancelled our cruise on 17th April. It detailed a first night booking for Select Dining, which of course was £0.00.

I had already cancelled our excursions on 10th March and the refunds were on my credit card by 27th March.

System for refunds in the UK is handled by RCCL UK.  Much fewer refunds and different rules.

Assuming Celebrity is using the same system that RCI is, could take 9-10 weeks for your emails to show up and then another 10 days or so once you input the codes into your new cruise.  See my experience with Royal in my reply to this post: 

You must have a new cruise booked to apply the Cruise Planner Credit so don't wait to book.  Wish I could have used some of my RCI credit on upcoming Celebrity cruise, but not allowed.

Edited by LeeW
clarity
  • Like 1