AHH! Cruise with Confidence, what do I do?

I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm a moneysaver, getting good value for money really is key for me. This is what happened...

A week ago I went to book my cruise (Allure for April next year). I got (what I thought) was a great price. When I went to book the price had went up £50 - I sucked it up and paid it.

With RCI's new cruise with confidence it allows you to change if the cruise price drops. The next day the TA were offering $50obc for the same price. I called up and they said they can change it as a goodwill gesture but in general the cruise with confidence is the following -

1. Only for price drops, not for added extras

2. Only available for 1 change (i.e. you can't keep phoning up if the price keeps dropping).

So here's where I'm at now -

Price before booking - £532pp

Price when booked - £557pp

Day after booking - £557pp with $50obc (they changed to this as a goodwill gesture)

Price now - £531pp

If I change to the price now I'll get to keep my $50obc at get the cruise at £531pp. 

Do I wait incase it drops more? Do I take it at the current price?

Any thoughts on how cruise prices will go?

If you book directly with the cruise line you can call as many times as you like ( in Canada anyway ).

I got several price reductions on my last cruise on Allure . 

Don't know if you can book direct in the UK , but two cruises ago I used a travel agent linked to my credit card

and they ignored my phone calls and emails for a price reduction , so back to booking direct with Royal .

They will take your call and reduce the price accordingly .

I wont use a travel agent anymore .

I thought any time there is a price drop before final payment, you can call to get the price adjusted.  That hasn't changed with CWC.  I took the price adjustments in CWC for when the price drops after final payment.  I have called numerous times to adjust my price before final payment.

16 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

I thought any time there is a price drop before final payment, you can call to get the price adjusted.  That hasn't changed with CWC.  I took the price adjustments in CWC for when the price drops after final payment.  I have called numerous times to adjust my price before final payment.

Are you in US or UK

56 minutes ago, orla56 said:

We don't usually  get price  drops in the Uk.

On my first cruise with Royal in 2012 I managed to get a price drop but  never since so this is a new policy for us.

If I was you from now on I would only book with  US travel agencies or Royal direct. Never did like those UK policies.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If I was you from now on I would only book with  US travel agencies or Royal direct. Never did like those UK policies.

The problem is that not all US agencies are allowed to take UK bookings.  To do that the TA must have an additional agreement with Royal.  Repeated violations can result in the TA losing their right to sell Royal's products.

There are agents that do have these privileges and there are also agents that will beak the agreement hoping they don't get caught.

Booking through Royal direct, if they live in the UK they have to book through Royal in the UK