A "go" and a "no go"

Kellyann

There were 4 of us booked in 2 cabins for our third try at a cruise.   We had rec'd a FCC from our Sept 2019 hurricane cruise.  We booked a 13 day Panama for May 2020 and it was cancelled,  then we booked a Sept 2020 cruise our of NYC and that was cancelled.  We now have a FCC to book by Dec 2020 and lots of onboard credit but one member can't make it.  Can someone tell me what happens to the poor lady whose friend can't make it because she is anxious to cruise and use her onboard credits.  If we find another person to replace the "no go" cruiser, would that be acceptable.  Please share some of your knowledge.

Is each fcc in each of the 4 of your names? Idk if the no go lady books and uses her fcc to pay and then pay for a name change later will work, but it might. 

Do you have to book before year end or sail by then? 

Dont know enough facts to be sure. If I had a fcc and had to sail before end of the year, do it. Prices are good. Do you have a good travel agent you can ask about the name change after the fcc is used? Put some one in her place. Or if it's a case of use it or lose it and no one to fill in, the no go person could be a no show. Just depends on if it's a use it or lose it and she wouldnt be able to use it later.

1 hour ago, Kellyann said:

There were 4 of us booked in 2 cabins for our third try at a cruise.   We had rec'd a FCC from our Sept 2019 hurricane cruise.  We booked a 13 day Panama for May 2020 and it was cancelled,  then we booked a Sept 2020 cruise our of NYC and that was cancelled.  We now have a FCC to book by Dec 2020 and lots of onboard credit but one member can't make it.  Can someone tell me what happens to the poor lady whose friend can't make it because she is anxious to cruise and use her onboard credits.  If we find another person to replace the "no go" cruiser, would that be acceptable.  Please share some of your knowledge.

That's nonsense that they only give you that little window to use the FCC given the circumstances.

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough.  The problem isn't booking something by year end, it's 1 person will no longer cruise.  The person stuck without a cabin mate is being told that if her original cabin mate can't go and is willing to lose all the perks (i.e. fcc and $600 onboard credits), then she loses too.  They each paid on their own credit cards and the booking was under both names.  Doesn't it make more sense that if  found she found a replacement to share her room, that would be a benefit to CCL since they now have a cruiser paying a fare without fcc and not having to give onboard credits.  It just doesn't seem fair that she loses everything because her original cabin mate does not want to cruise.  The travel agent is saying that's CCL policy.

43 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough.  The problem isn't booking something by year end, it's 1 person will no longer cruise.  The person stuck without a cabin mate is being told that if her original cabin mate can't go and is willing to lose all the perks (i.e. fcc and $600 onboard credits), then she loses too.  They each paid on their own credit cards and the booking was under both names.  Doesn't it make more sense that if  found she found a replacement to share her room, that would be a benefit to CCL since they now have a cruiser paying a fare without fcc and not having to give onboard credits.  It just doesn't seem fair that she loses everything because her original cabin mate does not want to cruise.  The travel agent is saying that's CCL policy.

I would suggest booking both in one cabin and have the "no go" be a "no show" .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kellyann said:

That's not their policy, the ta is wrong. Her fcc is good whenever she wants to use it

I suggested above having the girl who doesnt want to cruise book and be a no show and the cabin is paid for

Or do a name change for $100 after its paid off if they allow that.

But her fcc is good, your TA doesnt know what she is talking about. There is no rule both have to use their fccs for hers to be good. Think about it? Doesnt even make sense, lazy ta. 

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's not their policy, the ta is wrong. Her fcc is good whenever she wants to use it

I suggested above having the girl who doesnt want to cruise book and be a no show and the cabin is paid for

But her fcc is good, your TA doesnt know what she is talking about. There is no rule both have to use their fccs for hers to be good. Think about it? Doesnt even make sense, lazy ta. 

I was told by my PVP that in order to get the $600 OBC from a Carnival  canceled cruise, all three of the orginal people would need to sail again on the same booking

5 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I was told by my PVP that in order to get the $600 OBC from a Carnival  canceled cruise, all three of the orginal people would need to sail again on the same cruise

Then book the 2 cabins 6 days or more as before and have the one girl be a no show. 

I thought the issue was using all the fccs, not getting the full 600 obc x 2 cabins. So book the no go girl and have her be a no show. Her taxes and fees will go back to the credit card that paid them after the cruise. Just have her be a solo if you want both 600 obc

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

The girl who doesn't want to go is requesting a credit on all the money she's paid into it which includes the taxes, port fees, tips, etc. from a 13 day paid in full Panama cruise amounting to close to $800 plus the $220 deposit paid on a second cruise that was cancelled.  I don't blame her but I feel badly for my friend who is basically screwed if they don't allow a replacement in her cabin.  It sounds like CCL is saying everyone on a booking gets a refund or gets FCC and onboard credit and they won't allow one person choosing one method and the other choosing something different.  

5 hours ago, Kellyann said:

The girl who doesn't want to go is requesting a credit on all the money she's paid into it which includes the taxes, port fees, tips, etc. from a 13 day paid in full Panama cruise amounting to close to $800 plus the $220 deposit paid on a second cruise that was cancelled.  I don't blame her but I feel badly for my friend who is basically screwed if they don't allow a replacement in her cabin.  It sounds like CCL is saying everyone on a booking gets a refund or gets FCC and onboard credit and they won't allow one person choosing one method and the other choosing something different.  

At least with cancellations since covid, the cancelled cruise requires that all guests under each reservation have to select the same option - either a 100% refund OR 100% FCC + OBC.  That is probably why the TA is saying both have to choose the same method. 

5 hours ago, Kellyann said:

The girl who doesn't want to go is out of luck.  She has the choice of GO or not...not get her money back. Under normal circumstances, she wouldn't be entitled to a full refund without trip insurance, and I don't think most policies covered this pandemic.  As others have said, her name can be on the booking and she just doesn't show up at the pier.  You can't make her use her FCC, I suppose, but she will lose it anyway if she doesn't ever want to use it in the future.  She needs to understand her choices and then you work around it.   If you can't tell her in a way that makes it understandable... send her  a link to this thread.   Or have her call and fight it out with Carnival. Let THEM explain it to her.

I see the fcc is from a hurricane in 2019, old fcc, not even from covid. If it's a use it or lose it. It's up to the no go girl.

She can be difficult and make things difficult for her roommate, but since it is compensation from a 2019, she is being unreasonable to expect someone to pay her the full cost of the fcc value. It has no cash value and cannot be refunded. But then it talks about the $600 obc, so I'm guessing the fcc was also used on a cancelled cruise to complicate matters.

Maybe someone can give her some token amt of money, but I wouldnt repay her the whole amt if part was paid by a fcc from a 2019 hurricane. Good luck. Sounds like a break up of a friendship, both are not going to get what the want and wind up upset 

Edited by firefly333

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I see the fcc is from a hurricane in 2019, old fcc, not even from covid. If it's a use it or lose it. It's up to the no go girl.

She can be difficult and make things difficult for her roommate, but since it is compensation from a 2019, she is being unreasonable to expect someone to pay her the full cost of the fcc value. It has no cash value and cannot be refunded. But then it talks about the $600 obc, so I'm guessing the fcc was also used on a cancelled cruise to complicate matters.

Maybe someone can give her some token amt of money, but I wouldnt repay her the whole amt if part was paid by a fcc from a 2019 hurricane. Good luck. Sounds like a break up of a friendship, both are not going to get what the want and wind up upset 

Come on guys I know you're trying to be helpful but the girl who no longer wants to cruise does not expect to be paid the FCC or the onboard credit - that is not the issue.  She doesn't want anything except what I indicated and that is her out-of-pocket money that was spent on booking a  cruise to Panama about $700 which was cancelled. A good part of the cruise rate was paid using our FCC from Sept. 2019 hurricane cruise.  The 4 of us opted to use our FCC and booked a cruise to Bermuda for Sept. 2020 and we paid an additional $220 deposit, then that was cancelled.  Now all of us should be getting around  $920 applied to our credit cards but our FCC is still in the system along with onboard credit.  CCL is saying that if one person on a booking no longer wants to cruise, then the other person cannot use her FCC and loses onboard credit even if she gets a new cabin mate who would be paying full fare.

Here's something else I just heard from TA who heard it from CCL and that is they are not giving double onboard credit even though they cancelled our Panama 5/3/20 and our Bermuda 9/7/20 cruises.  How can they make up crap after they already promised.  Anybody else being told they only get to use one $600 onboard per cabin.  We're thinking two cruises cancelled at $600 per cabin times 2 equals $1200 per cabin.  OMG, I think I should give up cruising and go to an all-inclusive at least I might be able to talk with the booking agent directly and not have to go thru a TA who is forced to hang on the phone for hours.  It's really getting outrageous and I used to be a fan.

14 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

Here's something else I just heard from TA who heard it from CCL and that is they are not giving double onboard credit even though they cancelled our Panama 5/3/20 and our Bermuda 9/7/20 cruises.  How can they make up crap after they already promised.  Anybody else being told they only get to use one $600 onboard per cabin.  We're thinking two cruises cancelled at $600 per cabin times 2 equals $1200 per cabin.  OMG, I think I should give up cruising and go to an all-inclusive at least I might be able to talk with the booking agent directly and not have to go thru a TA who is forced to hang on the phone for hours.  It's really getting outrageous and I used to be a fan.

Sounds like her only option is take the refund of extra cash paid and get the hurricane fcc back if that's what the other girl insists on

I think 99% here could have told you that you dont get double 600 obc. 

I got one oct 4th 600 plus 100 obc incentive to book ... and I'll lose all 700 including the 100 early saver incentive to book if it gets cancelled. 

Not news to most of us, sorry you are so upset. If one doesnt want the fcc and new offer to rebook I dont see what choice she has. I give up. Seems you already had the answer. The other girl doesnt want to rebook, just get her cash paid refunded. 

There also have been other threads asking if they got double obc and the answer was no. 

Edited by firefly333