Cancellation Invoice Just Received--Why?

daveoc

We were due to sail on May23rd, it was cancelled by P&O in April and we received the email from them then advising of the cancellation and offering either FCC or a refund.

I clicked on the refund button and got the 'thank you' message.

This morning we have had an email from P&O attaching a cancellation invoice.

I'm unsure what the significance of this is---does it mean they are processing the refund or does it mean something has gone wrong?.

We have just received the same email. I asked for fcc not refund but same as daveoc  I am concerned something has gone wrong. I asked the agent when I called them is there any way I can check if fcc has been added but she said they are looking into it to see if it can be added  to cruise personaliser

Edited by awmartin

We also received this today... but with a huge charge applied for the cruise being cancelled (they cancelled it, not me)

Now I understand that this was happening... but surely this is something they could have fixed now?! It’s been 44 days since we requested a refund, and this is the first piece of communication from them... an incorrect cancellation invoice?!?

what an absolute joke.

I have also received a cancellation invoice. I cancelled the cruise and requested a full refund approx end of April for a cruise scheduled to depart  8th June. I used the online form request. I received an email stating they had received my request on the 19th May. Yesterday i received an invoice for the full amount i have paid. Still waiting on the refund. 

On 6/6/2020 at 11:12 AM, daveoc said:

We were due to sail on May23rd, it was cancelled by P&O in April and we received the email from them then advising of the cancellation and offering either FCC or a refund.

I clicked on the refund button and got the 'thank you' message.

This morning we have had an email from P&O attaching a cancellation invoice.

I'm unsure what the significance of this is---does it mean they are processing the refund or does it mean something has gone wrong?.

On 6/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, PandNo Refund said:

We also received this today... but with a huge charge applied for the cruise being cancelled (they cancelled it, not me)

Now I understand that this was happening... but surely this is something they could have fixed now?! It’s been 44 days since we requested a refund, and this is the first piece of communication from them... an incorrect cancellation invoice?!?

what an absolute joke.

23 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

I just got an incorrect cancellation invoice this afternoon , nearly a £1000 less than we paid

This was happening back in April and was posted about on cruise refund received thread .......

Edited by kalos

It isnt just P&O the whole Carnival UK head office is in a complete mess have received my Cunard refund twice another e-mail saying my refund has been sent out and is on its way, phone calls from Head Office about repaying second refund and even that hasnt been easy and straightforward. You would think in the situation they were in they would want the over  payment back as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

It isnt just P&O the whole Carnival UK head office is in a complete mess have received my Cunard refund twice another e-mail saying my refund has been sent out and is on its way, phone calls from Head Office about repaying second refund and even that hasnt been easy and straightforward. You would think in the situation they were in they would want the over  payment back as soon as possible.

I wonder if they would have chased you for the second refund had you not been honest and alerted them to it? We will find out if I am lucky enough to receive my refunds twice 😂 

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

I wonder if they would have chased you for the second refund had you not been honest and alerted them to it? We will find out if I am lucky enough to receive my refunds twice 😂 

I couldnt keep the second refund without informing Cunard of the mistake.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I couldnt keep the second refund without informing Cunard of the mistake.

Admirable. They’d have to chase me quite a few times I’m afraid and, even then, I’d have to be certain that they were on a strong legal footing before I would repay it!

On 6/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, PandNo Refund said:

what an absolute joke.

That might mean that finance have just processed it - I've seen that a couple of times with the stories that I've read on the P&O Cruises Facebook page. 

Having said that I got one of those at the get go for my 1st outstanding refund in March (with a 100% cancellation fee) and it meant diddly squat.

Latest examples on Cruise Refund thread are day 88 and day 89 - fingers crossed you are much more than halfway there in any event.  I don't sign up to this rapidly improving quote they came up with.😒