CT to Florida cruise travel

nonnie&dgd

Can someone please post when the governor of Florida let’s CT cruisers fly to the state without having to quarantine for 14 days? I have a cruise hopefully in October this year that I would like to keep.

Thank you

Google search "Reopening Florida". You can monitor Florida's procedures as they develop.  Using the same search on any other area you might be traveling to is very helpful, as we have found looking at our upcoming,  scheduled travel.

23 hours ago, nonnie&dgd said:

Can someone please post when the governor of Florida let’s CT cruisers fly to the state without having to quarantine for 14 days? I have a cruise hopefully in October this year that I would like to keep.

Thank you

Given the recent, and ongoing, uptick in Florida’s COVID infection rate, it would seem more appropriate for Connecticut (whose cautious approach has shown very good results) to apply restrictions upon people coming in from Florida.    It will be interesting to see if the current trend impacts the scheduled early August resumptions of sailings from Florida ports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cases per day can be a misleading statistic.  Some places are doing more testing, so the number of cases is going up, compared to other states with poor testing (like my state of VA).  Better metrics include hospitalization rates.

Agree with JohninDC. Cases per day is not a great stat unless you use the other stats as well, like number of tests. The best stats I have seen revolve around percentage of positives in tests done. Many states are using 8% as a redline for problems. Below that is key...California has been in the 4-5% range, and is thus slowly reopening.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:07 AM, navybankerteacher said:

Given the recent, and ongoing, uptick in Florida’s COVID infection rate, it would seem more appropriate for Connecticut (whose cautious approach has shown very good results) to apply restrictions upon people coming in from Florida.    It will be interesting to see if the current trend impacts the scheduled early August resumptions of sailings from Florida ports.

Florida population-22.5 million

Conn population-3.5 million

Do the math, you have many more cases per population.  Thank God none of us want to visit Connecticut.

We test everyone.  Testing is everywhere and it is free.

FWIW, no sailings are going to happen in August.  One of my former employees is a Carnival executive and they can't get their ships sailing by then.

Edited by BlueHerons