Let's talk FOOD!

Scratchrat

Lots of you are far more adventurous than me. I wouldn’t dare order the trout. Often wonder if it’s all to do with upbringing and ages. 

unfortunately I couldn’t make a guess for the meal of the day. Last time I had it it was paella and it was nice. 

it is very potato heavy. Maybe that’s just a British thing 

20 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Lots of you are far more adventurous than me. I wouldn’t dare order the trout. Often wonder if it’s all to do with upbringing and ages. 

unfortunately I couldn’t make a guess for the meal of the day. Last time I had it it was paella and it was nice. 

it is very potato heavy. Maybe that’s just a British thing 

Surprise yourself. There are some really good alternatives to chicken on that menu  - if the worst came to the worst you could always change your mind and ask for the chicken.  😊

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Surprise yourself. There are some really good alternatives to chicken on that menu  - if the worst came to the worst you could always change your mind and ask for the chicken.  😊

think I am more worried about it making me sick. I don’t have a brilliant time with foods I don’t like. 
It’s like mackerel and tuna I like them from a tin but not fresh they make me gip. It’s weird and backwards I know. 

I would try a bit of the crab pasties from hubbys. Have tried swordfish,lamb and lentils. Don’t like those and the wouldn’t go for the “always on menu salmon,chicken and steak” as gotta try something slightly different. 

Never heard of witch sole. 

oh I don’t know if it’s just me but to be on a ship now. I am sick of cooking and cleaning up. Lovely being waited on 

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

think I am more worried about it making me sick. I don’t have a brilliant time with foods I don’t like. 
It’s like mackerel and tuna I like them from a tin but not fresh they make me gip. It’s weird and backwards I know. 

I would try a bit of the crab pasties from hubbys. Have tried swordfish,lamb and lentils. Don’t like those and the wouldn’t go for the “always on menu salmon,chicken and steak” as gotta try something slightly different. 

Never heard of witch sole. 

oh I don’t know if it’s just me but to be on a ship now. I am sick of cooking and cleaning up. Lovely being waited on 

I always go for the Witch Sole.  Absoluteley lovely.  More boney than Dover Sole which is realy nice as well.  Seems to be have a regular on first night menus over the last few years.

23 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

The problem with the Tuna is that it is always overdone. A nice thick Tuna fillet, rolled in sesame seeds, seared on the outside, and rare in the middle - lovely.  

8 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I always go for the Witch Sole.  Absoluteley lovely.  More boney than Dover Sole which is realy nice as well.  Seems to be have a regular on first night menus over the last few years.

my knowledge of fish isn’t very good. Never tried sole. Haddock,cod,pollock and salmon, tuna,mahi mahi and mackerel. 

Cant do bones in fish either. 

37 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

my knowledge of fish isn’t very good. Never tried sole. Haddock,cod,pollock and salmon, tuna,mahi mahi and mackerel. 

Cant do bones in fish either. 

Does that mean you've never eaten a take away from a fish and chip shop ! 

10 minutes ago, Scratchrat said:

I'm the same,

I order battered sausage from a chip shop!

Now we're talking :classic_smile:

I love the mini fish deal meals  ..Chips ,mini fish and sausage ,covered in mushy peas and to spoil myself 

I would ask for a chip shop curry over it as well.

Sometimes I have been known to have mushy peas with chicken supreme instead of curry .

Can you imagine the queue's if they had a real chippy onboard P&O ships.:classic_cool:

Just now, kalos said:

Now we're talking :classic_smile:

I love the mini fish deal meals  ..Chips ,mini fish and sausage ,covered in mushy peas and to spoil myself 

I would ask for a chip shop curry over it as well.

Sometimes I have been known to have mushy peas with chicken supreme instead of curry .

Can you imagine the queue's if they had a real chippy onboard P&O ships.:classic_cool:

Now I want it 😄 Yummo!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good God! Catering sausages from a chip shop? You eat those things?  😱

Are they even allowed to call them "pork" sausages given the lack of meat in them?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good God! Catering sausages from a chip shop? You eat those things?  😱

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Are they even allowed to call them "pork" sausages given the lack of meat in them?

Well my cardiologist told me to cut back on meats such as pork and with the lack 

of meat ,they are almost vegetarian.:classic_wink:

We could get Vamps to learn you the fine  arts of eating in a chippy and you two 

can learn her the finer things such as eating rainbow trout .:classic_cool::classic_unsure::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Witch sole is very nice if cooked right.  Trout - nope.  Salmon, fine, but boring, can have that at home.  Swordfish - yes.  Lobster - super, but not on the menu very often.

My pet hate on board is that the meats are always (nearly) roast.  Beef, Lamb, Pork.  Would love a dish with a sauce to give it some flavour.  I definitely don't cruise for the food.

Lunches for us are always salads in the buffet which I find good and some interesting things that I don't do or get at home.

49 minutes ago, kalos said:

Well my cardiologist told me to cut back on meats such as pork and with the lack 

of meat ,they are almost vegetarian.:classic_wink:

We could get Vamps to learn you the fine  arts of eating in a chippy and you two 

can learn her the finer things such as eating rainbow trout .:classic_cool::classic_unsure::classic_biggrin:

They'll be below to 42% minimum meat content for pork sausages, sure, but it's the fat, connective tissue and other stuff that's in them that bothers me!  Don't think your cardiologist would approve!

Don't think wowzz and I have any problems with chippies though - we share a love, I think, of the excellent fish and chips to be had on Cleethorpes pier - amongst the finest in the land, and at reasonable prices too.  

The World's Largest Fish Shop

46 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

They'll be below to 42% minimum meat content for pork sausages, sure, but it's the fat, connective tissue and other stuff that's in them that bothers me!  Don't think your cardiologist would approve!

Don't think wowzz and I have any problems with chippies though - we share a love, I think, of the excellent fish and chips to be had on Cleethorpes pier - amongst the finest in the land, and at reasonable prices too.  

The World's Largest Fish Shop

Harry - you got a sunny day!

Back there before the end of the summer, hopefully! 

35 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

No worries Harry the new me does not eat half the stuff I used to like before I met my cardiologist:classic_smile:

When the kids were younger we owned an eight berth caravan at Cleethorpes for a few years and when

it comes to chippys I can say we had our fair share of them.

Now back to my salad whilst I dream of chippys :classic_rolleyes: that are a rare treat these days :classic_wink:

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Harry - you got a sunny day!

Back there before the end of the summer, hopefully! 

If only! Lifted the picture from elsewhere, sadly. If things improve I’d like to be able to do the same. Fingers crossed. 

Sitting on those outside tables on the pier are my favourite.

Edited by Harry Peterson