Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

33 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

5 CC points if I book airfare through Flights by Celebrity between Nov. 11–Dec. 01. Might still do that for our March 2023 cruise.

I wish they had competitive fares. It's really not worth paying an additional 10-20% on airfare for a few points.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, downundermatt said:

My points just came through from last months webinar - I got three points - I thought it was meant to be five ?

Same.  3 CC points were added to our account within the past few hours.

4 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I wish they had competitive fares. It's really not worth paying an additional 10-20% on airfare for a few points.

We used Celebrity's flight thing for our cruise last fall because it did offer the best cost that also met our arrival/departure needs. (No CC points for that, however.) That said, we did a lot of comparison shopping first, and this was an international trip.

Honestly, a few CC points won't influence our airfare decision for our next cruise (this spring) either. But if the Flights by Celebrity airfare proves best for us overall, scoring a few more points will be a nice perk.

cjr

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

We used FBC to book our flights for our recent TA.  The prices were cheaper as it included discounts from Celebrity.  However there are large drawbacks with using FBC which would make me think twice about using it because of a promotion.

6 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

I'm now 3 points away from Elite ... Hopefully another decent Power-Up Promo comes up soon.

Assuming you have a current cruise booked that you want Elite for,

1. Book a refundable cruise in the far future.
  2. Book airfare for that cruise under the current promo. Get 50 PowerUpPoints which become 5 CC points.
  3. Go on your scheduled cruise as Elite.
  4. Cancel the cruise booked in step 1.
  5. Lose the 5 CC points that were credited in step 2, but you already hit Elite with the points earned on the cruise from step 3.

Basically, you're taking out a loan on those CC points.

• Like 4

I got three Captain's Club points. I had in my notes that that I was suppose to get 60 Power up Points (6 CC points) Not sure where I got that notion from.  Maybe that was the number per couple, I'm solo. Oh well 2960 points to go until I reach zenith. I can almost taste it.

• Haha 3

Based upon everyone else's comments, I checked and my points have not been awarded. I called Captain's Club to see where they were. I was told to check back tomorrow because "the system" might not have added them yet......in other words, he had no clue what I was talking about.

Guess I'll be checking tomorrow!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, someguyfl said:

I'm now 3 points away from Elite ... Hopefully another decent Power-Up Promo comes up soon.

Congrats.  We made Elite Plus via Power Up Points last year, so keep plugging away.  Celebrity tends to offer opportunities once a month unless they tie the PUP's to a specific action related to a sailing. 

51 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Congrats.  We made Elite Plus via Power Up Points last year, so keep plugging away.  Celebrity tends to offer opportunities once a month unless they tie the PUP's to a specific action related to a sailing. 

We got enough to be Elite plus after our cruise this month so all will be in place for our January cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I got three Captain's Club points. I had in my notes that that I was suppose to get 60 Power up Points (6 CC points) Not sure where I got that notion from.  Maybe that was the number per couple, I'm solo. Oh well 2960 points to go until I reach zenith. I can almost taste it.

Live the dream! 

Oh, wait...