Ncl gives a clearer picture of start in august.

seaman11

Guests who had an active reservation on a suspended cruise listed above will automatically receive a refund of their cruise fare in the form of a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the amount paid to date on June 25th. The FCC must be used one year from issued date for ANY Norwegian Cruise Line voyage embarking through 2022.

Guests who prefer to not take advantage of a future cruise credit can elect to receive a lesser refund equal to the amount paid to date to the original form of payment 90 days after form submission for sailings originally scheduled to embark:

• July 1 - July 31:
    By submitting this refund form by no later than 11:59 pm EST on June 19, 2020.
  • August 1 - Forward:
    For cruise departure dates from August 1 – September 30, in addition to the affected cruises outlined above in October, the refund request form will go live at 9:00 am EST on July 6, and must be submitted by no later than 11:59 pm EST on July 17, 2020.

12 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:
TRAVEL ALERTUpdated: June 16, 2020 - Suspended 2020 Cruises

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages through August 30th, 2020 and select cruises in September and October.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

For the latest information on suspended sailings click here.

Guests who had an active reservation on a suspended cruise listed above will automatically receive a refund of their cruise fare in the form of a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the amount paid to date on June 25th. The FCC must be used one year from issued date for ANY Norwegian Cruise Line voyage embarking through 2022.

Guests who prefer to not take advantage of a future cruise credit can elect to receive a lesser refund equal to the amount paid to date to the original form of payment 90 days after form submission for sailings originally scheduled to embark:

• July 1 - July 31:
  • August 1 - Forward:
    For cruise departure dates from August 1 – September 30, in addition to the affected cruises outlined above in October, the refund request form will go live at 9:00 am EST on July 6, and must be submitted by no later than 11:59 pm EST on July 17, 2020.

4 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I agree with this and I also agree with what Seaman posted earlier in this discussion - that the too-soon reopenings combined with people not paying attention to the rules has caused a Covid uptick that makes this the only option for cruiselines.

Imagine folks coming from all the "new wave" states flying into Florida (one of the worst new-wave areas) and all getting on a ship?  The perfect storm for an outbreak.

If people only cooperated maybe Seaman would have had a chance at September.

All they had to do was open slowly starting in june and behave.  but no they couldn't do that.  i dont want to get into politics but we know it factors in the "early" reopenings.   i still feel had they been more patient that aug sailing was not out of the realm of possibility in a limited capacity. i did feel early on ncl basically threw in the towel for the summer. 

now it seems carnival ceo has back tracked on what he said and their plan for aug. 

i just want to sail but i did say that we had to be smart about opening up.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bmwman said:

The original FCC amount will be returned to the guests' profile. If an affected booking has a previously applied FCC (as a result of a previous suspended sailing), the enhanced value future cruise credit will not be applicable. Bookings under this circumstance will receive the original value of the FCC back to the guests' profile

See the above - as I have been saying if a cruise with an FCC is cancelled the original enhanced value goes- I think Seaman  you argued otherwise. There it is on NCL FAQ

It is in the FAQ, but I am starting to question that now.

If we back up a little. When my Spirit cruise was cancelled, I agreed to take FCC for a future cruise. I did book a future cruise, actually 5, and they now cancelled 4 so far and the 5th is coming I am sure.

I kept my end of the contract by booking future cruises. Once you cancel on me, you broke the contract. I should either be compensated again or at least offered a refund now.

I was given time frames in which I needed to book or lose it. I did.

On two that were refunded back (FCC no additional comp)  I used these funds to pay the balance on cruises 4&5. So now with 4 being cancelled and 5 coming, I already have attempted to use it twice.

I lost my 25% extra bonus, and I actually purchased insurance on every one. AT the very least the dates to use the FCC should be extended as they now cancelled February 2021 on me.

Steve

3 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

• July 1 - July 31:
  • August 1 - Forward:

No info on cancelled 2021 cruises was provided.

Steve

OK, yes I did misunderstand your post! Sorry....
No prob. My head is spinning from so the cruise news today. I am in the process of lift and shift our Oasis cruise to next year. It's clear nothing is happening this year.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

This is so depressing😒😒😒😒

Im very surprised they were the first of the big 3 to cancel the summer and beyond.  Normally they are last to do so.  They may have other internal problems.  Though im not surprised they did at all because the ceo sounded very pessimistic about sailing this summer.  

Where are all those people complaining that NCL is lagging the rest of the industry on cancelling cruises?  Now NCL is being the leader with these cancellations 2+ months out with no news from other lines!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bmwman said:

Fair comment sir you have said all of that 

I am genuinely sorry for you because you are so passionate about the cruises but I hace said all along you are reading to much into industry hype.

I am still having covid symptoms but mild. Test results come in a day or so.  Thank you for asking. 

22 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Im very surprised they were the first of the big 3 to cancel the summer and beyond.  Normally they are last to do so.  They may have other internal problems.  Though im not surprised they did at all because the ceo sounded very pessimistic about sailing this summer.  

I was really hoping to see some people cruising before plopping down my final payment on August 14 for my December 12, 2020 Encore Western Caribbean cruise.  I have been keeping that $3400 in the bank until I saw folks cruising. Looks like that will not happen.  Already paid for airline tickets to Miami. Ugh........

22 hours ago, seaman11 said:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/norwegian-cruises-reopening-everything-you-need-to-know/

So it seems those missing cruises in early august will be canceled and the real start up date is aug 23rd.   

(I didnt feel good about ncl in aug so my sailing is in sept.    )

I still think this is a lazy bad article because they are stating authoritatively that NCL has announced based on nothing more than disappeared sailings, but they don't state so.

But here we are today and now we know.  Still a bad blog post and I'm forever wary of that site because of their questionable reporting style.  It's misleading.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicky Mouse said:

I still think this is a lazy bad article because they are stating authoritatively that NCL has announced based on nothing more than disappeared sailings, but they don't state so.

But here we are today and now we know.  Still a bad blog post and I'm forever wary of that site because of their questionable reporting style.  It's misleading.

I didnt agree that ny to bermuda would be the first sailing. So i thought for ncl could get going in  sept. From texas and or florida first. But i guess not since the new news.  

I agree. We haven't done  a perfect job in NJ...no one can...but the government's actions in most cases have been on point, and NJ's citizens have overwhelmingly behaved responsibly . 

We're too often the butt of ignorant jokes,...perhaps how we've handled COVID-19 will help boost our image with the myopic critics.

I have family in New Jersey. Beautiful state. Hold your head up high Garden State. You have done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I agree. We haven't done  a perfect job in NJ...no one can...but the government's actions in most cases have been on point, and NJ's citizens have overwhelmingly behaved responsibly . 

We're too often the butt of ignorant jokes,...perhaps how we've handled COVID-19 will help boost our image with the myopic critics.

I agree, but our guide on Kauai, Hawaii, had a different take on NJ.   "Welcome to Kauai, the garden island.  Of course New Jersey is the garden state.  Lucky for us the word garden is the only thing we have in common with New Jersey."  People from NJ on the bus were not pleased, announced later they did not tip said guide.