You can blame the CDC, not NCL for the latest suspensions.

CaptainWes

8 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

Well on our way to putting this behind us? really? lets look at the statistics

We havent even STARTED to get this under control. We need to get the curve LOWER not higher... Other countries have done some states in the US have done it. So why is the curve RISING in the US?

It's called TESTING.  Quite simple, the more you test, the more cases.  It is not rocket science.

19-2.thumb.PNG.ba3c741d7866f612326bac2a80698a98.PNG

Also, not using the charts and graphs that emulated the ones on CNN, the 7-day trailing trends tell a different story.

19-1.thumb.PNG.b25f70ea77c70da977f7611efb9e3587.PNG

Today, anyone can take any issue and find a source to support what they want to believe.  It is what it is.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Once again what is the current solution to the problem, I dont think there is an answer, if there was it would be implemented. 

The USA had a solution that the governement and the CDC agreed to. 14 days of declining numbers before opening... States that listened to the government got great results.. states that didnt (like Florida) didnt get such great results

the solution is only as good as the implementation

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

It's called TESTING.  Quite simple, the more you test, the more cases.  It is not rocket science.

Testing... not Rocket science huh???

Well my scientist... Florida's testing for the past month has been TOTALLY FLAT. but the cases have skyrocketed...

Please take your time to explain

Also , NY has increased testing throughout... yet they have a flattened curve.... does rocket science not work there?

Edited by hftmrock
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

But, they am not going to spend time waiting in line and potentially paying money for a test... for morbid curiosity. I am going to test because I am unwell or have been near unwell people. 

And a sick person is a sick person is a sick person. The spikes are not “more testing of rocket scientist”. They are more sick people because of bad behavior. 

22 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

Testing... not Rocket science huh???

Well my scientist... Florida's testing for the past month has been TOTALLY FLAT. but the cases have skyrocketed...

Please take your time to explain

No, it is not rocket science.  However,  I have learned years ago, that I can inform but cannot control ones' ability to comprehend.

If you could post the daily rates for the State of Florida for the # tested, # asymptomatic, # hospitalized and # dead it would be helpful (I believe).

Take care.

Edited by Formula280SS

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

But, they am not going to spend time waiting in line and potentially paying money for a test... for morbid curiosity. I am going to test because I am unwell or have been near unwell people. 

And a sick person is a sick person is a sick person. The spikes are not “more testing of rocket scientist”. They are more sick people because of bad behavior. 

In most states there are "drive-through" testing.  It's easy to make appointments.  In Florida, the sites are listed and they ARE FOR ALL AGES regardless of symptoms.

https://www.floridadisaster.org/covid19/testing-sites/

The tests are free for uninsured individuals and totally reimbursable by many insurance plans regardless of deductible.

Regarding bad behavior, the starts and would have ended with China in the Wuhan province.  They chose not too.

8 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

No, it is not rocket science.  However,  I have learned years ago, that I can inform but cannot control ones' ability to comprehend.

If you could post the daily rates for the State of Florida for the # tested, # hospitalized and # dead it would be helpful (I believe).

Take care.

your wish is my command

Florida Testing has been basically flat for a month

image.thumb.png.38f6c01f6d1c9245bc001f29a650b362.png

Florida Cases

image.png.2490432152d6f4036186f32d1de8e4f1.png

That should IMMEDIATELY prove that testing is NOT the reason for the spike

Deaths are Flat for 2 month.... when will it ever go down?

image.png.c822b53f66197881b34769a360bc69c4.png

Florida Hospitalizations... flat..3 months.. will it ever go down??????

image.png.8aa3e431ec4710e2c8ef85835921c59f.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

your wish is my command

Florida Testing has been basically flat for a month

image.thumb.png.38f6c01f6d1c9245bc001f29a650b362.png

Sorry, but if the middle legend symbol if # daily total tests, and you see it as "flat," I can't help you.  Also, will note below, Florida C-19 testing is OPEN TO ALL and younger people are being tested; the # of positives have increased - - - yet they are asymptomatic, not hospitalized nor near death.

Florida Cases

image.png.2490432152d6f4036186f32d1de8e4f1.png

That should IMMEDIATELY prove that testing is NOT the reason for the spike

Deaths are Flat for 2 month.... when will it ever go down?

Same reply as above; again, focus on the average age decreasing and the % asymptomatic very high.

image.png.c822b53f66197881b34769a360bc69c4.png

Regarding the deaths, it does appear to be going down.

Florida Hospitalizations... flat..3 months.. will it ever go down??????

image.png.8aa3e431ec4710e2c8ef85835921c59f.png

The hospitals have been so financially crippled by the lock-down and essential medical protocols, massive staff layoffs and furloughs, and weren't remotely overwhelmed or challenged in Florida (nor NYC as experts and Governor predicted), that many admissions to the hospitals are increased to those with lesser symptoms previously used expecting the wave.

8 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

Sorry, but if the middle legend symbol if # daily total tests, and you see it as "flat," I can't help you.  Also, will note below, Florida C-19 testing is OPEN TO ALL and younger people are being tested; the # of positives have increased - - - yet they are asymptomatic, not hospitalized nor near death.

Same reply as above; again, focus on the average age decreasing and the % asymptomatic very high.

Regarding the deaths, it does appear to be going down.

The hospitals have been so financially crippled by the lock-down and essential medical protocols, massive staff layoffs and furloughs, and weren't remotely overwhelmed or challenged in Florida (nor NYC as experts and Governor predicted), that many admissions to the hospitals are increased to those with lesser symptoms previously used expecting the wave.

if you cant see that the comparison between testing and positive cases are so different, there isnt much I can do for you... tiny increases in testing did not cause the spike in new cases. You have hit an all time high ever day this week and look at the testing this week. not much different from the middle of May..

nothing I can do if you see these with rose colored glasses and see this as good...

Bless your heart

Edited by hftmrock
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

if you cant see that the comparison between testing and positive cases are so different, there isnt much I can do for you... tiny increases in testing did not cause the spike in new cases. You have hit an all time high ever day this week and look at the testing this week. not much different from the middle of May..

nothing I can do if you see these with rose colored glasses and see this as good...

Bless your heart

Thanks. 

I don't wear glasses.  😲

I also see equally as clear how every aspect of life can take a partisan side drift.  It is what it is.  I would infer that you wear blue glasses?  🙄  JK.  We're good.

Have direct family 'on that line, DIL Dr. in DC hospital every day, overtime, 6 months pregnant.  We talk a lot about the numbers and how they can be read (or implied) whichever way anyone wants to.

We'll (many) will make it, more will suffer and more will die.

Generally, I wish we all cared about a lot of suffering and deaths other than COVID 19.

Here's some 2020 YTD data_

https://www.worldometers.info/

deaths1.PNG.0d35502e4a33e80cc710bd72afab95b0.PNG

deaths2.PNG.710d05a98dbddb698d3e2ac6df99c0c6.PNG

Edited by Formula280SS

26 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

Bless your heart

you do know that your statement is equivalent to a racial slur, it serves no purpose on these boards and it is an affront to free speech and civilized discourse.

Just now, Newleno said:

you do know that your statement is equivalent to a racial slur, it serves no purpose on these boards and it is an affront to free speech and civilized discourse.

I will have to research that. I wanted to end the conversation by acknowledging the differences we have in this topic and probably wont see eye to eye but respect the right to say what you want. I guess I can say hello and someone will say its a racial slur too.

Ive been on these boards for way too long to feel or see anything like that

just looked it up

"Bless your heart" is a phrase that is common in the Southern United States.[1][2][3] The phrase has multiple meanings. It can be used as a sincere expression of sympathy or genuine concern. It can be used as a precursor to an insult to soften the blow. It is also sometimes used to mean "you are dumb or otherwise impaired, but you can't help it" by individuals who wish to "be sweet” and do not wish to "act ugly"

Dont see anything remotely racial... But I wish people would start believing people dont have such bad motives. I did mean it as sympathy and genuine concern since we will not see eye to eye on this important topic

But you can feel free to see it any way you want

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

The U.S has become one large ping pong ball with this virus. People flying all over the country spreading it from one person to the next. Large rallies, etc. All a recipe for disaster. No national leadership from the beginning, lies and leaving each state to deal with it which means fifty different policies is just making things worse. I have never seen such a poor job. It’s embarrassing. No way will cruises start in the U.S anytime soon. September 15th is just another kick of the can down the road. 

Well said!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Formula280SS said:

The number of tests may not be flat, curving in an upward direction, but note that the % of positive tests is ALSO curving in the upward direction.  This isn't the raw number of positive tests, which I would expect to increase with increased testing, but if things in Florida were as good as you say I would expect the % of positive results to stay flat (which does not appear to be the case).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Newleno said:

biased "articles" are worthless, got to show the whole video and context to get true meaning, c-span works best, give it a try.  I could be mistaken but to the best my knowledge, mankind has never stopped a corona virus -  they either fizzle out on their own, or immunity is developed, but I could be wrong.  Once again what is the current solution to the problem, I dont think there is an answer, if there was it would be implemented. 

The article wasn't opinion, they stated FACTS with DATES that the president told the lies. That are easily looked up, but not all in one place like the article. But here's another site, what was said and the date it was said . But I'm sure it's BIASED in your opinion also.😄 The solution to the problem, listen to the experts not the people who deny science. Then we can get back to cruising faster. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/fact-check-trump-administration-coronavirus-28-dishonest/index.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

The number of tests may not be flat, curving in an upward direction, but note that the % of positive tests is ALSO curving in the upward direction.  This isn't the raw number of positive tests, which I would expect to increase with increased testing, but if things in Florida were as good as you say I would expect the % of positive results to stay flat (which does not appear to be the case).

Ending.

Positive tests of younger people with no symptoms.

Done.  Take care.

17 minutes ago, janerd said:

The article wasn't opinion, they stated FACTS with DATES that the president told the lies. That are easily looked up, but not all in one place like the article. But here's another site, what was said and the date it was said . But I'm sure it's BIASED in your opinion also.😄 The solution to the problem, listen to the experts not the people who deny science. Then we can get back to cruising faster. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/fact-check-trump-administration-coronavirus-28-dishonest/index.html

Any time that CNN is used as a marker for the truth is, well, unfounded.  😁

Blue glasses "hoping Florida residents die" to blame the Governor and President.  That is almost a virus in itself.

However in NYC, all praise the Mayor and Governor for keeping the airports open, mass transit (which they didn't even clean) and their great decision to implant the virus into their nursing homes.  Highest hot spot death rates in the world.  Nice "blue" job.

If Florida is so bad and NYC us so good, why did and continue to flee NYC and Florida sees influx?

Simple.  To a reasonably prudent person.

"Experts?"  LOL.  Masks mean nothing.  Must wear a mask.  Social distancing is mandatory.  Not for protests, riots and arson.

There are no "experts."  They've proven "less reliable" than weathermen (women).  😲

Edited by Formula280SS

6 hours ago, boatseller said:

Except we've had excellent leadership from the Whitehouse*.  The US is very well positioned in healthcare capacity, testing and economic recovery.

......We're well on our way to putting this behind us getting back to cruising ASAP.

You are living in your own bubble! 

6 hours ago, boatseller said:

....Except for a few obvious States, the situation in the US has been very well managed....

Indeed, Florida and Texas to name but two.....their numbers are spiking in dramatic fashion whilst very well managed NY and others have a clear downward trajectory !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Formula280SS said:

Blue glasses "hoping Florida residents die" to blame the Governor and President.  That is almost a virus in itself.

That is a DISGUSTING accusation that someone who has issues would even think or say. I feel so very sorry for you and your mindset. Absolutely disgusting remark, HOW DARE YOU......

1 hour ago, janerd said:

cnn lol, c-span works best bro, (i already told you what fauci said - video support), cnn fact check -  now that some funny chitter

4 hours ago, hftmrock said:

It can be used as a precursor to an insult to soften the blow. It is also sometimes used to mean "you are dumb or otherwise impaired, but you can't help it" 

Dont see anything remotely racial... 

that is why i said equivalent to,  If you really dont think that term you used is a horrible thing to say to some one then, well, 

Bless your heart (according to you not me)