You can blame the CDC, not NCL for the latest suspensions.

CaptainWes

6 minutes ago, Newleno said:

why? Is it projected that hospitals will be overrun?

Yes. A number of areas in Florida are now at 80% of capacity already. Cases continue to rise. They are not dropping. CDC guidance is to not reopen until a trend of declines is proved. Florida/Disney etc are ignoring CDC guidance.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200616/coronavirus-florida-as-cases-go-up-icu-beds-go-down

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Well I wont read the guardian, but if it is true that unbiased true facts show that hospitals will be overrun, then yes something needs to be done.  The  goal here is to protect the integrity of the hospitals.  A start would be dont follow the plan of NYC and put the modern plague cases mixed with non plague patients.

Edited by Newleno

Just now, Newleno said:

Well I wont read the guardian, but if it is true that unbiased true facts show that hospitals will be overrun, then yes something needs to be done.  The  goal here is to protect the integrity of the hospitals.

It was also an older story - see my updated link and updated comment above.

26 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

And there you have it. Unless some have been personally affected this whole COVID-19 pandemic is not real. I have had to sit on my hands to keep from replying to some posts. Just hope that those who believe that this current situation is not real are not impacted physically by this virus. 

Fortunately our family hasn't been affected, although wife was very sick for 7-10 days in January before this became a topic/situation.

As I've stated before there are nurses on here commenting that have varied opinions .

It certainly seems it's one of those situations that unless one has actually experienced it, they really don't have an idea of the severity.

Edited by beerman2

Some other info on Florida hospital capacity. https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/06/18/florida-has-less-than-25-of-its-icu-beds-available/ 

You just have to use common sense. Cases are rising in thousands per day in Florida. Thousands. South Korea locked back down with 50 new cases in a day. China with 79.

No way on earth should Disney be open. FL is ignoring the CDC.

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Some other info on Florida hospital capacity. https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/06/18/florida-has-less-than-25-of-its-icu-beds-available/ 

You just have to use common sense. Cases are rising in thousands per day in Florida. Thousands. South Korea locked back down with 50 new cases in a day. China with 79.

No way on earth should Disney be open. FL is ignoring the CDC.

yes if you are at high risk you got to stay home, order groceries by delivery, dont leave your yard.  Unfortunately not everyone has the capital resources to do this

13 minutes ago, Newleno said:

yes if you are at high risk you got to stay home, order groceries by delivery, dont leave your yard.  Unfortunately not everyone has the capital resources to do this

and if you do have resources and are not high risk you should be at Disney or on a cruise ship and those companies should ignore the CDC?

What happens when you meet someone who is "high risk" after visiting Disney or getting off the cruise?

Edited by pmd98052
clarity
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

What happens when you meet someone who is "high risk"?

Where do you theorize I will run into this “high risk” human?  Operating under current guidelines, they are masked and staying at least six feet from any other human they cannot knowingly trust.

Edited by logan25
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, logan25 said:

Where do you theorize I will run into this “high risk” human?  Operating under current guidelines, they are masked and staying at least six feet from any other human they cannot knowingly trust.

They are? High risk includes obesse, old, high blood pressure, and asthma conditons (I'm probably missing something). I just described about 70% of the USA population. Do you see 70% of the USA population masked and keeping 6ft away from you?

Edited by pmd98052

1 minute ago, pmd98052 said:

They are? High risk includes obesse, old, high blood pressure, and asthma conditons (I'm probably missing something). I just described about 70% of the USA population. Do you see 70% of the USA population masked and keeping 6ft away from you?

So you are saying the “at risk” are not practicing what you (and you are not alone) consider necessary to mitigate virus transmission.  So why in the onus on me to prevent transmission?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hallux said:

Sure, COVID is the core issue, but the CDC is drawing out the process to get cruise lines approved for sailing to the point that the CDC isn't even listening to the cruise lines when they come to the CDC with suggestions or plans for health and safety.  I kind of get it though, if you follow the argument that cruise lines don't pay US taxes (directly) so why should anything be done to help them in any way.

The analyst's contention that the CDC is not listening to the cruise lines is purely speculation and he did not include any source to back that up.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, logan25 said:

So you are saying the “at risk” are not practicing what you (and you are not alone) consider necessary to mitigate virus transmission.  So why in the onus on me to prevent transmission?

I think you're confusing this with you. This isn't about you. Its about FL and Disney ignoring CDC guidance. Dr Brix was very clear that states should only re-open when a consistent downward trend in new cases was shown. FL has not had that downward trend in fact it is accelerating. Thousands of new cases per day. South Korea re-shut down with 50 new cases in a day.

This. Is. Not. About. You.

What I am saying is that if YOU go to one óf these places that are not following CDC guidance then YOU are putting others at risk whether they are in a high risk group (70% of population) or not. Can you tell me how you know if your 35 year old friend with zero high risk conditions won't die? I get that YOU are willing to take the risk. No argument. Are they?

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

What I am saying is that if YOU go to one óf these places that are not following CDC guidance then YOU are putting others at risk whether they are in a high risk group (70% of population) or not. Can you tell me how you know if your 35 year old friend with zero high risk conditions won't die?

First off, we are both using “you”, whether it be the collective or specific.  I accept you are not calling out me specifically.

I specifically am not hanging out with anyone besides my husband.  And we know each other’s medical history.

Are people to stupid, to realise that healthy people can carry the virus with no effects?

The people of the World have got to work together, to defeat this virus, many recovering Patients bodies are Organs riddled with holes, and may never recover! 
Do you really want to cruise?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Are people to stupid, to realise that healthy people can carry the virus with no effects?

I think so. I've had numerous discussions with people who think this doesn't happen. Actually BELIEVE this doesn't happen.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

What happens when you meet someone who is "high risk" after visiting Disney or getting off the cruise?

I responded to this sentence.  Whoever is “high risk” has to accept risk for meeting absolutely anyone because they do not know the other person’s history of activity or exposure.

Edited by logan25
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, logan25 said:

I responded to this sentence.  Whoever is “high risk” has to accept risk for meeting absolutely anyone because they do not know the other person’s history of activity or exposure.

And I'l ask again - how do you know if some 35 year old you walk past in the street who isn't high risk won't die?

A risk you're willing to take on their behalf right?

Also interested in your comments as to why Disney and FL are ignoring CDC gudiance in reopening?

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 1

I think a couple of Beach Bars on Jax had an issue, they are closing down to sanitize, the beaches in Jax are not closing...unless it has happened in the last 5 minutes.  Some of the info on here is just heresay.  

High Risk / Not-High Risk it does not matter. The goal is to stop the spread of the virus. 

Asymptomatic Carrier Unmasked that is close to an Unmasked uninfected person = 67% probability of transmission 

Asymptomatic Carrier Unmasked that is close to a Masked uninfected person = 33% probability of transmission 

Asymptomatic Carrier Masked that is close to an Unmasked uninfected person = 17% probability of transmission 

Asymptomatic Carrier Masked that is close to a  Masked uninfected person = 6% probability of transmission 

Asymptomatic Carrier Masked 6' distant to an Masked uninfected person = very low probability of transmission 

Wear a mask. You never know when you may be an asymptomatic carrier of COVID-19. Don't be the guy in the Florida bar that infected 16 of his friends after one night out. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

And I'l ask again - how do you know if some 35 year old you walk past in the street who isn't high risk won't die?

rounded up about 3 million people in the usa will die this year (every year), plague or no plague.  The plague is here, more people will die from plague, best way to not get the plague is to stay at home, unfortunately not all people can do that, nor want to do that.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Some of the info on here is just heresay.  

Unfortunately:

a) The huge daily increases in new cases in Florida are not heresay its fact.

b) That FL and Disney are ignoring CDC guidance to only re-open when there has a been a consistent downward trend in new cases is also not heresay its fact - see point a).

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

High Risk / Not-High Risk it does not matter. The goal is to stop the spread of the virus. 

Asymptomatic Carrier Unmasked that is close to an Unmasked uninfected person = 67% probability of transmission 

Asymptomatic Carrier Unmasked that is close to a Masked uninfected person = 33% probability of transmission 

Asymptomatic Carrier Masked that is close to an Unmasked uninfected person = 17% probability of transmission 

Asymptomatic Carrier Masked that is close to a  Masked uninfected person = 6% probability of transmission 

Asymptomatic Carrier Masked 6' distant to an Masked uninfected person = very low probability of transmission 

Wear a mask. You never know when you may be an asymptomatic carrier of COVID-19. Don't be the guy in the Florida bar that infected 16 of his friends after one night out. 

Do you have a source for this, I wear a mask but I did not think it did me much good, i just thought in case I had the plague that it helped others from getting infected.

2 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Unfortunately:

a) The huge daily increases in new cases in Florida are not heresay its fact.

b) That FL and Disney are ignoring CDC guidance to only re-open when there has a been a consistent downward trend in new cases is also not heresay its fact - see point a).

and indeed these new cases may be statistical significant, however better make sure oranges to oranges are being compared, example if everyone in florida were tested today just by pure numbers the cases of positive would go way up.