CCL Selling Some Ships

dreaminofcruisin

13 hours ago, npcl said:

yep. compared to the old days when island and coral spent a good portion of their year doing Panama canal cruises.

I think the original plan within Carnival Corp was to have HAL concentrated on the historic canal and Princess on the new locks. Rotterdam and Zaandam both had a robust schedule of full canal transits that got completely wiped out when the sale of the 4 HAL ships was announced and Zaandam was redeployed to the World Cruise. As there is still a large chunk of the Fall 2021 to Spring 2022 schedule unannounced for HAL there is possibility that they may add back some of the lost sailings to the historic canal. 

I have them as part of the (now) 18. Missing 2. Anyone know or see online who they are? Aida / Princess / P&O / 5 & 6th Carnival Fantasy class (Ecstasy 1991 / Sensation 1993)?

Costa neoClassica -> Bahamas Paradise
Costa neoRomantica -> Celestyal Cruises
HAL Amsterdam -> Fred Olsen
HAL Rotterdam -> Fred Olsen
HAL Maasdam -> 2nd buyer
HAL Veendam -> 2nd buyer 
P&O Oceana -> Greek ferry company
P&O Aus Pacific Aria -> on way to Cyprus
P&O Aus Pacific Dawn -> on way to Cyprus 
Sun Princess > Peace Ships 

Scrapped: 
Costa Victoria 
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Inspiration 
Carnival Fascination 
Carnival Imagination 

To Carnival-China JV:
Costa Atlantica
Costa Mediterranea

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Here are two of the five being sold, both are CCL ships.

Carnival Cruise Line today announced the sale of Carnival Fascination and Carnival Imagination, which had previously been put on long-term lay-up status and removed from published itineraries.

Those were included in the previous announcement when they went from 6 to 13 ships leaving the company. The new announcement is for an additional 5 ships for a total of 18. Carnival Corp has not published a running list of intra brand transfers or sales /scrapings so it’s getting confusing for us cruisers.

More musical CCL ships by date delayed:

Carnival Magic - built 2011, returning 3/13/21 

Carnival Paradise - built 1998, returning 3/19/21 

Carnival Valor - built 2004, returning 4/29/21 

Carnival Spirit - built 2001, returning 6/12/21

Outside of the Magic, will they return?

🍿

Just to shed some lights, on the memo we got from CAU - 

Pacific Princess's season down under for 2020/2021 is cancelled in full

Majestic Princess's last season down under for 2020/21 is also cancelled in full (fingers crossed it's not!!! 😞 )

Together with Pacific Dawn & Aria but that's for P&O forum I guess?

All these cruises are currently bookable AFAIK - just an internal memo we received.

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang
  • Thanks 1

Dawn & Aria are part of the CCL fleet (P&O Australia line). I'm sure they're going as Golden & Star replace them. So yeah, I'm tracking them. Bored I guess.

Majestic is shifted up here. But there will be 5 PCL ships downunder.  I'm on one Dec 2021 (Sapphire)

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

More musical CCL ships by date delayed:

Carnival Magic - built 2011, returning 3/13/21 

Carnival Paradise - built 1998, returning 3/19/21 

Carnival Valor - built 2004, returning 4/29/21 

Carnival Spirit - built 2001, returning 6/12/21

Outside of the Magic, will they return?

🍿

Is Paradise their only ship that can get into and out of Tampa?  I was really surprised that they were keeping that ship but I know the bridge in Tampa prevents larger ships from docking there. 

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Dawn & Aria are part of the CCL fleet (P&O Australia line). I'm sure they're going as Golden & Star replace them. So yeah, I'm tracking them. Bored I guess.

Majestic is shifted up here. But there will be 5 PCL ships downunder.  I'm on one Dec 2021 (Sapphire)

Yep but Majestic is supposed to finish its season down here before moving up and hence why that's a bit strange.

I was still hoping to get onto its repo from Sydney to Hong Kong 😞

Cheers,

Michael

22 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My repo from Hong Kong to Sydney was canceled.  Would've been a great trip 

At least you'll get her now for the foreseeable future! 🙂

And before I forget we were supposed to have 6 PCL ships this season - Regal, Majestic, Sapphire, Sea, Sun & Pacific. Heck they even advertised at the time of being the largest PCL cruise season down here ever. Guess where that went now!

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang
  • Thanks 1

I am watching a Cruise Tips TV video. They have a guest on the show that is a representative from Princess Cruises.

They are discussing the steps Princess is going to take in the future for cruise safety as it relates to the virus. one thing she is heavily discussing is the

Medallion Class ships. She is talking about no touch door locks and food/drinks. I can also she using this as a way to onboard people more efficiently. 

It makes me wonder if any ship that is not already upgraded to medallion class may be part of the ships removed from Princesses fleet. Since the rumor about the Sun Princess, I have looked at the ship closer and notice it is not medallion class. It is probably pretty expensive to upgrade a ship to this feature. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@bubbapuck are Sea & Pacific fitted with the medallion?? (I really like the medallion)

I dont think so. I found the Cruise Critic article linked Below that has a list of 11 Princess ships that should be upgraded to Medallion Class already. Granted many of the ships on the list were supposed to be upgraded during dry docks planned during the pandemic. I am not sure if those happened or if any others not in the list may be upgraded before they start cruising again. I have a feeling, the way she was pushing it in the video, they may have all Princess ships that they plan To keep, upgraded before they start sailing again. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=4134

Edited by bubbapuck
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

I dont think so. I found the Cruise Critic article linked Below that has a list of 11 Princess ships that should be upgraded to Medallion Class already. Granted many of the ships on the list were supposed to be upgraded during dry docks planned during the pandemic. I am not sure if those happened or if any others not in the list may be upgraded before they start cruising again. I have a feeling, the way she was pushing it in the video, they may have all Princess ships that they plan To keep, upgraded before they start sailing again. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=4134

Well Majestic is the only Royal class ship that was not fully upgraded with MedallionClass now and it doesn't look like it'll be upgraded anytime soon (judging from the indications on the selling cruises)

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

@bubbapuck are Sea & Pacific fitted with the medallion?? (I really like the medallion)

Neither of them is fitted

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang

54 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I think we've been expecting it. 

The Grand is a medallion ship so could she be off the table despite being the 2nd oldest in the PCL line?

One thing we know is that at least PCL is willing to be rid of ships that has MedallionNet - Star Princess is the one. Not sure if a fully reconfigured MedallionClass ship would be ridden anytime soon.

Michael

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Although PCL got rid of the Star, CCL did not. Just transfered it to another line to replace an older less efficient / profitable ship. So no cash in

Yep - but from PCL point of view it's out of the fleet. POAU was always the main destination for HAL Group's older, less efficient ships until this pandemic.

Michael

• Like 1

Regal (Royal Class) was the first full Medallion ship, we were on board while it was being rolled out (disaster is an under statement).  Now however, the system are working smoothly and will go a long way to bring Princess back to cruising.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop, Pacific is likely to leave soon, now that Sun and Sea are gone.  Since the spent a ton to rebuild the Grand and she is in great shape expect her to be around at least another 5 years (hopefully more. . .love the size and passenger count on the old girl).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

Yep - but from PCL point of view it's out of the fleet. POAU was always the main destination for HAL Group's older, less efficient ships until this pandemic.

Michael

I disagree with you here. The only 2  HAL ships that have ever been transferred to P&OAU is the Statendam and Ryndam, which became the Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria. 

If we go back to when P&O merged with Sitmar, the ship based here was the Fairstar. When that was withdrawn from service the Fair Princess came to Australia. The next ship based here was the Pacific Sky which was the former Sky Princess. We then got the Pacific Sun, which was the former Carnival's Jubilee. Then Pacific Star was transferred from Costa Cruises which was the Costa Tropicale (formerly Carnival Tropicale). The first mega cruise ship was the Pacific Dawn (formerly the Regal Princess), then Pacific Jewel from Ocean Cruises (also formerly a Princess ship the Crown Princess) then Pacific Pearl (also from Ocean Cruises and when launched was  Princess Star Princess.

The current Pacific Explorer and future Pacific Adventure and Pacific Encounter are all from the Princess Fleet. 

So from the above you can see the majority of Princess fleet is destination P&OA.

Prior to the transfer of HAL ships to the Australian fleet, the previous 2 Holland America ships to be transferred out of the fleet was the Noordam (Marella Celebration 2005) and Nieuw Amsterdam ( MS Patriot 2000 - 2002 and Marella Spirit 2003).

As a stockholder hoping for a recovery I'm primarily interested in reduction of entire fleet: Aida, Carnival,  Costa, Cunard,  HAL, PCL, P&O, POAU, Sitmar.

On 9/16/2020 at 6:02 PM, eamondzhang said:

At least you'll get her now for the foreseeable future! 🙂

And before I forget we were supposed to have 6 PCL ships this season - Regal, Majestic, Sapphire, Sea, Sun & Pacific. Heck they even advertised at the time of being the largest PCL cruise season down here ever. Guess where that went now!

Cheers,

Michael

other PCL ships with Australia cruises: Coral, Emerald,  Royal, (& Sapphire). So it looks like it's 4 instead of 6.  Yeah, definitely short 1-2 depending on whether you count ships or capacity 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, woodscruise said:

I disagree with you here. The only 2  HAL ships that have ever been transferred to P&OAU is the Statendam and Ryndam, which became the Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria. 

If we go back to when P&O merged with Sitmar, the ship based here was the Fairstar. When that was withdrawn from service the Fair Princess came to Australia. The next ship based here was the Pacific Sky which was the former Sky Princess. We then got the Pacific Sun, which was the former Carnival's Jubilee. Then Pacific Star was transferred from Costa Cruises which was the Costa Tropicale (formerly Carnival Tropicale). The first mega cruise ship was the Pacific Dawn (formerly the Regal Princess), then Pacific Jewel from Ocean Cruises (also formerly a Princess ship the Crown Princess) then Pacific Pearl (also from Ocean Cruises and when launched was  Princess Star Princess.

The current Pacific Explorer and future Pacific Adventure and Pacific Encounter are all from the Princess Fleet. 

So from the above you can see the majority of Princess fleet is destination P&OA.

Prior to the transfer of HAL ships to the Australian fleet, the previous 2 Holland America ships to be transferred out of the fleet was the Noordam (Marella Celebration 2005) and Nieuw Amsterdam ( MS Patriot 2000 - 2002 and Marella Spirit 2003).

I was saying HAL Group. On the back office side of the thing POAU, PCL, HAL & Seabourn are considered one group called Holland America Group. That's why I am saying POAU are now the main destination for older HAL Group ships - obviously this was before the pandemic hits.

Not to divert from the topic but there's four groups within Carnival Corporation - Carnival Cruise Line (by itself), Carnival UK (P&O UK and Cunard), HAL Group (as mentioned) and Costa Group (Costa and AIDA). Carnival Australia is essentially part of HAL Group as 99% of their ops are concentrated with HAL Group ships - CUK ops like its own straight from the UK HQ even in Aussie waters (except on the pax inconvenience side when CAU care teams step in), CCL has a lot of things that are controlled by Miami HQ and I will not elaborate too much on Costa since we have minimal dealings with them.

Hope this clarifies my statement earlier.

Michael

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

As a stockholder hoping for a recovery I'm primarily interested in reduction of entire fleet: Aida, Carnival,  Costa, Cunard,  HAL, PCL, P&O, POAU, Sitmar.

other PCL ships with Australia cruises: Coral, Emerald,  Royal, (& Sapphire). So it looks like it's 4 instead of 6.  Yeah, definitely short 1-2 depending on whether you count ships or capacity 

Apologies - when I say this season with six ships I mean 2020-2021 and for us typically down here it's between 01 Jul 20 and 30 Jun 21

Obviously we saw what's going on now.

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang
fix typo