NCL Encore (or Breakaway class) Show Reservations

janreway

Hi Everyone 🙂

I've been on a number of NCL cruises, but only one Breakaway ship (Getaway) and that was a few years ago. In the event my October 13th Encore sailing isn't canceled, would anyone know (or have a guess) as to when they might open up the entertainment reservations? (They are currently showing as "Not Available To Book" which I realize may have something to do with the new way of cruising, post-Covid.)  I have delayed making my specialty dining reservations because I wanted to see the days and times of the main productions. Or maybe I should just make my dining plans and once the show times are posted, I can try and change them. Thoughts?

5 hours ago, janreway said:

Hi Everyone 🙂

I've been on a number of NCL cruises, but only one Breakaway ship (Getaway) and that was a few years ago. In the event my October 13th Encore sailing isn't canceled, would anyone know (or have a guess) as to when they might open up the entertainment reservations? (They are currently showing as "Not Available To Book" which I realize may have something to do with the new way of cruising, post-Covid.)  I have delayed making my specialty dining reservations because I wanted to see the days and times of the main productions. Or maybe I should just make my dining plans and once the show times are posted, I can try and change them. Thoughts?

I think you guessed it right.  I'm sure they don't know yet how they will need to handle shows in the theater.  Perhaps first cruises won't have shows?   

Or such a limited number of people will be able to attend that they will take reservations only on board?

Edited by Sand and Seas

I can only go by when we traveled pre-covid.  I made my dining reservations first and then attempted to

make my show reservations. If they are doing shows, each one are on multiple nights and at different times so

it worked out. I believe I could book Choir of Man ahead of time but only  by calling the reservation number.

Prohibition, we booked when we boarded but we could have waited as there were lots of empty seats and

everyone on the stand by line made it in.  Maybe they need to see if the music and dance troops are able to

practice before they are set to perform. I know that for us no Broadway touring shows at our local arts center

are happening probably until the late fall due to them not having rehearsals, etc. That's a round about way of

saying book your restaurant reservations now so you have them.

9 hours ago, janreway said:

Yes, I'm at 115 days (already paid in full) and since the dining reservations are available to book and I was hoping the shows would be too. Maybe they will open up soon. 

They are still "negotiating" their reopening plan including how to handle large venues like the theater. We are also booked ad have the "book onboard" message. Under these circumstances in the past, the call center personnel often will have the ability to book shows [long] before the online system is open. Call the general reservation number periodically and check. 

For planning purposes, when we were on the Encore, both Choir of Man and Kinky Boots preformed at 7:30 and 10:30. Choir of Man ran 1 hour 30 minutes. Kinky Boots ran 1 hour 35 minutes. If you want to go to Prohibition the Musical, they preformed that at 7:30 (this is a show which you need to have dinner before you go to the show... lots of alcohol included). 

image.thumb.png.b9993daaaf5172e6541a3128921cacf3.png

If they open at reduced capacity there may not be a need for reservations, even at reduced seating in the theater.  If the ship sails at 50% capacity, the 900 seat theater would be enough to seat everyone in 2 showings at max capacity, double the showings to 4  of each show as on a normal 7-night cruise and they can cut the seating capacity of the theater for each show.

Who knows - with the reduced capacity in The Atrium for trivia and such they might even add a 5th show as a matinee to keep people occupied...

We are also booked on the Encore for October 13th (fingers crossed). Assume all of this is Covid related. Book your specialty dining and monitor for other things to open up. Nothing came up to book until after they cancelled sailing through September. Gives us hope that this sailing has a chance.

9 hours ago, hallux said:

If they open at reduced capacity there may not be a need for reservations, even at reduced seating in the theater.  If the ship sails at 50% capacity, the 900 seat theater would be enough to seat everyone in 2 showings at max capacity, double the showings to 4  of each show as on a normal 7-night cruise and they can cut the seating capacity of the theater for each show.

Who knows - with the reduced capacity in The Atrium for trivia and such they might even add a 5th show as a matinee to keep people occupied...

The theater will have reduced seating. Just like movie theaters today running at 1:2 (every other seat blocked) or 1/3 capacity or 1/4 capacity. So there will not be enough seats for everyone to see the shows. 

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone might be able to answer this question regarding shows.  I know the Howl at the Moon performances are not something that can be reserved.  What I am wondering is how many shows they will put on during a 5 night sailing?  I would love to be able to catch them a couple times during our time on the Breakaway.