Refund declined

What happens if RCL cancelled, I used FCC then that second cruise is also cancelled by RCL. Can I get my original money back? Another FCC won't help since I won't be able to travel for awhile beyond next spring and my FCC would expire.

10 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

What happens if RCL cancelled, I used FCC then that second cruise is also cancelled by RCL. Can I get my original money back? Another FCC won't help since I won't be able to travel for awhile beyond next spring and my FCC would expire.

I think this applies... get FCC back. Not a refund.

18. What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their cancelled cruise?
If a Future Cruise Credit was leveraged to pay for a reservation now impacted by the global sailing suspension, we are making it easy for your client by combining all funds into one voucher. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus 125% of any amount paid by the guest on the cancelled sailing. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC is valid through December 31, 2021, at which time all unused funds will expire.

51 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I think this applies... get FCC back. Not a refund.

18. What if my client used a Future Cruise Credit to pay for their cancelled cruise?
If a Future Cruise Credit was leveraged to pay for a reservation now impacted by the global sailing suspension, we are making it easy for your client by combining all funds into one voucher. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus 125% of any amount paid by the guest on the cancelled sailing. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC is valid through December 31, 2021, at which time all unused funds will expire.

I don’t think this applies in this case. 

April cruise cancelled. Took 125% FCC. Applied to a cruise in 2021. Not sure once a cruise is booked/on hold that one can then request a refund. 

M8

9 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

My reply was to OceanCruise not to OP. I think unfortunately OceanCruise won't be able to get FCC back as refund even if cruise cancelled. It will still come back as FCC.

You can use FCC to make a deposit?   It was my understanding that you couldn’t.  That the deposit has to be made with debit/credit card, and that FCC is applied to cruise fare only (that is, you can’t use it for any Cruise Planner charges, like vroom, spa, tours, bar tab, etc). I’ve never had a FCC before, so maybe i got that wrong.   

And, if you didn’t use the whole FCC amount, you’d get the difference in yet another FCC, BUT, it expires when the original FCC expires.   My cruise agent said that some of her clients are booking cabin upgrades in order to use the whole FCC on one cruise.  

51 minutes ago, Trevoli said:

You can use FCC to make a deposit?   It was my understanding that you couldn’t.  That the deposit has to be made with debit/credit card, and that FCC is applied to cruise fare only (that is, you can’t use it for any Cruise Planner charges, like vroom, spa, tours, bar tab, etc). I’ve never had a FCC before, so maybe i got that wrong.   

And, if you didn’t use the whole FCC amount, you’d get the difference in yet another FCC, BUT, it expires when the original FCC expires.   My cruise agent said that some of her clients are booking cabin upgrades in order to use the whole FCC on one cruise.  

That's why I got a refund on my 2nd cancelled cruise. The rules on how you can use a fcc keep changing.  Unless you read every thread you can miss whatever the latest change is. At least 4th change now. At least the changes arent weekly now. I got 5 rcl booked starting jan, hoping I dont wind up eating a bunch of fccs.