FCC Not Refunded

mellon1

We canceled 35 days total in cruises in 2021 a few weeks ago and when I looked at our personalizer, the FCCs were not in there.  It was like $1,000.  How long does that take?  They did send confirmations of our cancellation, but I did not see the FCC's refunded.  Odd.

49 minutes ago, dickinson said:

It is taking months for people to receive their refunds and credits.

Even the FCC?  They can't just post that back to the personalizer?  Not looking for money back, just that it shows back in my personalizer to use for next booking.

6 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Even the FCC?  They can't just post that back to the personalizer?  Not looking for money back, just that it shows back in my personalizer to use for next booking.

Correct, even for FCC. It took a while for us. 

My PVP was able to make a booking for a cruise in 2021 and pushed out the date for deposit twice. I would check in the week the deposit was set to cancel to make sure the booking doesn’t disappear and have the date extended. I didn’t do that the second time and the booking cancelled but she was able to rebook it. I suspect the customer service agent on the 800 number could do the same but I have not tried. 

I was able to also extend the deposit date for 2 cruises I had on hold. I got the cruise price returned to my account, then the Future Cruise Certificate, & am still waiting for my port charges to show up. Three separate transactions & dates.

In April, we cancelled 3 cruises that were supposed to sail in June, July, and August.  We used a total of 6 Future Cruise Deposits to book the 3 cruises.  We cancelled before the final payment.  Two of the FCDs appeared immediately in our Captain Circle accounts.  The other 4 appeared as credits on a June credit card statement.  So it took about 2 months.  I am guessing that the 4 that were refunded had expired.

If you are saying that you requested to have your FCC's refunded and NOT put back into your account then count on it taking several months to see a refund to your CC. I canceled several cruises held with my FCC deposit of $100/ea. I subsequently called Princess to request a cash refund for 6 FCC's on 4/1. It took 69 days for the money to be refunded to my CC on file. BTW, the FCC's "fell off" of the Princess website within a few days of making the call for a refund...

Edited by paradiselivin1

WOW.  I thought it would automatically go back onto the personalizer with all the computer things they got going now.  

Thanks for all the good information.  Good luck to everyone.