Cruise Critic News: Royal Caribbean: Cruise Prices At Their Lowest Now But Will Go Up

• Administrators

(2:15 p.m. EDT) –Rates on many sailings are currently at their lowest levels, and that prices are expected to increase in the coming months, a top Royal Caribbean executive said. Royal Caribbean Vice President of Revenue Management Michael Goldner made the comments today on Vicki Freed's weekly Coffee Chat for travel agents, now in its 16th ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs
zwmuk0uTM5M

View the full article

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for posting that. From the article you linked:

"Our intention is to raise prices," said Goldner during the coffee chat. "I don't think we'll be here long. As business comes in, pricing will go up…We are at some of the lowest price points we've seen for several years."

There've been very cheap 'probably gonna get cancelled' 2020 Royal Caribbean cruise prices, but for mid. 2021 I didn't think they were particularly cheap (I'm talking June or July Symphony of the Seas and other Oasis-class departing out of Florida) as of awhile back. 

I just checked only for a couple of July 2021 dates, and prices for an inside room were a bit over $1300 and close to $1,400 for a couple of dates, factoring in whatever sales are in effect. 

Do the mid. 2021 prices generally look particularly low to the rest of you?

Richard. 

1 hour ago, drrich2 said:

Thanks for posting that. From the article you linked:

"Our intention is to raise prices," said Goldner during the coffee chat. "I don't think we'll be here long. As business comes in, pricing will go up…We are at some of the lowest price points we've seen for several years."

There've been very cheap 'probably gonna get cancelled' 2020 Royal Caribbean cruise prices, but for mid. 2021 I didn't think they were particularly cheap (I'm talking June or July Symphony of the Seas and other Oasis-class departing out of Florida) as of awhile back. 

I just checked only for a couple of July 2021 dates, and prices for an inside room were a bit over $1300 and close to $1,400 for a couple of dates, factoring in whatever sales are in effect. 

Do the mid. 2021 prices generally look particularly low to the rest of you?

Richard. 

Summer is generally higher priced, but with kids school, who knows any more what will be normal.

Summer people take their kids on cruises so generally always been high priced. Around labor day typically top of hurricane season, kids back in school prices dropped. Covid has me so I cant predict

• Like 1

Project fear - very little cabins left and you better book quick.

This is all about desperation - in the last week ive received on average 2 emails a day about a cruise in December trying to get me to book onboard dinning/drinks package etc 

CASH FLOW problems 

• Like 1

I think it is a ploy. They are blocking off cabins to make you think the ships are getting fully booked. It is my opinion they are looking for as much cash coming in as possible. They have massive debt at almost 1% per month. With no cash flow coming in other than deposits and pretrip packages, there is not much else they can do. 

Well U.K. Is opening borders for European travel on 6th July and as soon as news leaked, flight and hotel bookings went through the roof with prices going the same way.

those who booked in anticipation of a change in 

policy got deals at less than half current prices.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bouhunter said:

That's what I was thinking.

I get what you're saying and in general I'd normally agree....I normally hate that sort of nonsense talk HOWEVER, I got Allure OTS during school holidays for £500pp with $50obc.... It's been a long time since a ship like that was that cheap during school holidays, it can't stay like that for long I wouldn't think?