Oct-Dec Voyager cruises wait listed

Turn 8A

22 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Having reviewed cruises in November and December, it is obvious that cruises to/from Europe are not all waitlisted.  While it looks as if they likely will be canceled (depending upon what the EU decides to do), some itineraries are still available.  Our November cruise is not waitlisted.  So, to me, this all points to waitlisting for capacity control.

Travelcat,

You are correct.  The November cruise to which you are referring is still showing availability in all suite categories except for the lowest category and the ship is a little less than 1/3 full at the moment. In some ways it is nice to sail on a ship that is at less than 100% capacity but there is a convivial atmosphere that is lost on a small ship that is not at least 70% full IMHO.   I discuss more about this situation on the Roll Call for that November cruise.

40 minutes ago, amusea said:

Travelcat,

You are correct.  The November cruise to which you are referring is still showing availability in all suite categories except for the lowest category and the ship is a little less than 1/3 full at the moment. In some ways it is nice to sail on a ship that is at less than 100% capacity but there is a convivial atmosphere that is lost on a small ship that is not at least 70% full IMHO.   I discuss more about this situation on the Roll Call for that November cruise.

Just read our Roll Call - you posted great information.  If/when the cruise actually sails, I need to learn your source for finding suite availability.  The website we typically go to now only shows up to 7 suites that are available in each category (like Regent does).  Agree that sailing with a slightly larger group would be nice.  Do you remember when Radisson was rarely sailing full?  That was too easy to get used to.  

Hope to meet you onboard!

11 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

If/when the cruise actually sails, I need to learn your source for finding suite availability.

TC, after we last discussed this topic (not on CC) I also noted that the website you are using does not list all the vacancies.  I did a google search for online travel agencies, and did not have to try very many before I found one that lists all open suites.  Then later I checked a TA site that was advertised on CC, and it also showed all the available suites.  It is not hard to find them.

Edited by SusieQft

ALL of Voyager's cruises for the remainder of 2020 are showing on RSSC's website as waitlisted. This is what Regent does when it is getting ready to cancel a block of cruises--we've seen that enough this year to know what it means.

Remember that Frank Del Rio has said that Regent and Oceania will re-start with just one ship, and then gradually build up from there. It makes sense that Voyager and perhaps Navigator would be last out. Splendor and Explorer are the two newest ships, and have the largest capacity, so make the most sense to go first, even at reduced capacity. Mariner is doing the world cruise in 2021, so they'll want that ship out of cold lay-up well before the WC starts. So that leaves Voyager and Navigator as the logical stragglers.  

We are booked on the Voyager - Lisbon to Cape Town, Nov. 14. The web site now shows all categories " wait list". In" Booked Cruises" it still appears. On a previous canceled cruise the listing in booked cruises, the cruise disappeared soon after the cruise was waitlisted. I am very sure this cruise will not go but just hoping.

26 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

ALL of Voyager's cruises for the remainder of 2020 are showing on RSSC's website as waitlisted. This is what Regent does when it is getting ready to cancel a block of cruises--we've seen that enough this year to know what it means.

Remember that Frank Del Rio has said that Regent and Oceania will re-start with just one ship, and then gradually build up from there. It makes sense that Voyager and perhaps Navigator would be last out. Splendor and Explorer are the two newest ships, and have the largest capacity, so make the most sense to go first, even at reduced capacity. Mariner is doing the world cruise in 2021, so they'll want that ship out of cold lay-up well before the WC starts. So that leaves Voyager and Navigator as the logical stragglers.  

Agree with your assessment.  It makes sense.  Splendor finally left the west coast is heading to Florida.  Whichever ship(s) sail first would likely take on supplies in Miami and then head out to the port of their first embarkation after the shut-down.  

I suspect that Navigator is going through a slightly longer stop in in Italy.  Once they fix whatever needed to be fixed, they may need to work on the air flow on the ship.  I read somewhere that, like most things on there ship, that it will take a bit more work to put in the filters and direct the air flow.  It will be interesting to see where she goes after Italy.

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Haha 3