Oct-Dec Voyager cruises wait listed

Turn 8A

The 28 Nov Splendor is also waitlisted, we have a group onboard and I guess we must have filled it to the reduced capacity levels as this and the holiday cruise are the only Splendor cruises waitlisted so far.

Navigator Amazon and Miami to Honolulu both waitlisted; as cruises before and after each cruise are available those seem to have also reached the reduced capacity.

Edited by mrlevin

9 minutes ago, Retired Happy Camper said:

Voyager is also wait-listed for Oct 2020.  I just received, today, my Final booking statement for an 8 Oct 2020 Voyager embarkation from Athens.  Perhaps I just don't understand what "wait-listed" implies.

Please see first post in thread; he mentioned Voyager October waitlisted; probably prelude to cancellation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Waitlisted cruises could also mean that they have reached the "new" capacity (not sure what that is but the ships will not be sailing full).

Or perhaps even 'overbooked'.  Who knows?  Will be interesting to see how things unfold.  It will be telling if people start posting about move-over offers.

I wish Regent would simply explain what’s going on. Then we wouldn’t have to speculate. I contacted my TA and her response indicated that she either doesn’t know or chooses not to share at this time. Wear a mask.[emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

The Lisbon -> Cape Town cruise was certainly not overbooked😀. It had 213 cabins available (according to a favorite cabin availability site) or ~39% occupancy on 6/19, 2days after final payment was due.

Our November cruise is not overbooked either.  

Turn8A - won't your Lisbon to Cape Town have to be canceled (unless South Africa changes it mind and allows cruise ships)?  

Got2Cruise - good point.  I need to check out the Regent website - it seems that I'm missing things.

Having reviewed cruises in November and December, it is obvious that cruises to/from Europe are not all waitlisted.  While it looks as if they likely will be canceled (depending upon what the EU decides to do), some itineraries are still available.  Our November cruise is not waitlisted.  So, to me, this all points to waitlisting for capacity control.

3 hours ago, Turn 8A said:

The Lisbon -> Cape Town cruise was certainly not overbooked😀. It had 213 cabins available (according to a favorite cabin availability site) or ~39% occupancy on 6/19, 2days after final payment was due.

Is the cabin availability site available to all as I would love to be able to use it when thinking about cruising again? 

6 minutes ago, sunnies said:

Is the cabin availability site available to all as I would love to be able to use it when thinking about cruising again? 

Yes, on some TA websites.  We are not allowed to name them here, but you could try searching various TA websites until you find one with this capability.  Regent's website also shows some available rooms, but only part of them.

Edited by SusieQft

53 minutes ago, sunnies said:

Yes -- there is a website that shows availability that we are are prohibited from sharing.  Interestingly, the site does not show suite availability for all cruise lines but does for Regent.  Most TA's have the ability to check available suites so you may want to give your TA a call.  Good luck!