How long are people waiting for their taxes after receiving their FCC???

loving goldens

I got my taxes and fees about two weeks after my FCC showed.  I only knew about the monies because I am booking new cruises with the FCC and wanted to apply these funds to the new cruises. 

2 hours ago, loving goldens said:

We chose option 1 with the first pause March 13 for our sailing March 21... just got our FCC on June 16....  thks... 

this is a long time to wait  call Princess and ask if your taxes, fees are in a holding account, which you cannot see in your Personalizer. 
my cruise cancellation was one week before yours and I got my taxes etc refunded to my credit card before receiving my FCC. 

There is no consistent pattern to when the FCCs are issued and when the refund is issued.  It does seem that most FCCs are issued first, but not all.  And the timing between the two ranges from 0-90 days with the ~2 week range being reported most often.  YMMV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

There is no consistent pattern to when the FCCs are issued and when the refund is issued.  It does seem that most FCCs are issued first, but not all.  And the timing between the two ranges from 0-90 days with the ~2 week range being reported most often.  YMMV

They chose Option 1.

7 hours ago, Coral said:

Unless you requested a refund of your taxes, your taxes and fees are put in a holding account that you can use towards taxes and fees on a future cruise booking.

Yes, but when that holding account will be available for use is the question. The answer is nobody knows. Still waiting from the same phase and option as the OP.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Yes, but when that holding account will be available for use is the question. The answer is nobody knows. Still waiting from the same phase and option as the OP.

Some are expecting them back on their credit card. I am just trying to point out, they may not get the amounts there unless they request them. I agree it is confusing, especially because one can not see this anywhere until they go to book a cruise.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Some are expecting them back on their credit card. I am just trying to point out, they may not get the amounts there unless they request them. I agree it is confusing, especially because one can not see this anywhere until they go to book a cruise.

I have future cruises booked. I was told on the phone that once the account is authorized, the funds would be applied to appropriate charges on those bookings. I would not rely on any notification email from Princess. They seem to be very lacking on communication lately. There is an extra line on the cruise credits list with a booking number I didn't recognize, I was told was for the holding account.

Edited by Musky Ike

13 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

I have future cruises booked. I was told on the phone that once the account is authorized, the funds would be applied to appropriate charges on those bookings. I would not rely on any notification email from Princess. They seem to be very lacking on communication lately. There is an extra line on the cruise credits list with a booking number I didn't recognize, I was told was for the holding account.

I have a booking for December that has not been cancelled and then a cruise that is held for next year. They chose to put the FCC on the cruise for next year. Maybe they know my December cruise won't happen. I was not notified they put it on the "held booking with no deposit".

15 hours ago, Coral said:

Unless you requested a refund of your taxes, your taxes and fees are put in a holding account that you can use towards taxes and fees on a future cruise booking.

When I called to book new cruise I asked about the tax holding account and was told that was not available for our March cancellation date.  Apparently, the holding account option came later.

3 hours ago, Karlzmom said:

When I called to book new cruise I asked about the tax holding account and was told that was not available for our March cancellation date.  Apparently, the holding account option came later.

Yes, you are correct. For My Mach 7th cruise cancellation I received my taxes, fees, pre paid excursions refunded to my credit card. 
There was no mention of a holding account at that time. 
I see NO benefit to me to let Princess Hold on to my Money, do you?