PHOTO PACKAGE QUESTION

Anticipating that one day we will be cruising again.  I am booked in December with fingers crossed. 

We have 2 cabins booked. One person bought the unlimited photo package. ( For whatever reason it is not showing up as being able to still purchase, only the 5, 10 or 20 printed photos or something).  Now this person is deciding she may not go with us.  I know to not cancel her, she'll just be a no show. (We will tip extra to the room steward in this case). Will the photo package be refunded or can we still use it for the cabin even though it is in her name? 

Has anyone had to go through this or know how I can fix this?  I keep checking to see if the unlimited package becomes available again because then I will just purchase in another name and cancel hers.

1 hour ago, Annicruise2014 said:

Will the photo package be refunded or can we still use it for the cabin even though it is in her name? 

It is unlikely to be canceled/refunded but the remaining person in the cabin may have trouble accessing the photos without intervention by photo staff. Once she determines she is not going, I'd cancel the package and wait to get it on board (unless you get a real good deal in the planner). 

on my last Costa Victoria Cruise, there were two honeymoon couples who were posing for a lot of photos and assuming that they would have to pay ala carte.

I advised them to go online, while on the ship, and pay 99 euros for the unlimited photo package.

They followed my advice and were really happy and grateful to me.

They ended up with over 500 photographs and paid 99 euros for the unlimited package.

For them it was a fantastic deal.

If you can do at least 100 photos, then it is a good deal

We used to get unlimited for a flat fee- now they only have 100 photos as the max.  We had two cabins and no problem as our kids were in the attached cabin.  The rules is for kids no problem.  Or if either guest from the stateroom that booked the package, is in the picture it is included.  For example, my sister and her husband took pictures with us and that counted as our picture, but they couldn't take pictures alone.  If they did, they would have to pay for them.  Considering a couple of boarding pictures are typically taken, a couple at each port,  a few nightly photos, restaurant photos and random photos, you would be surprised how they add up!  Well worth the the unlimited package if ordered, or the highest package available.  We like on a drive or when we get home, they send you a file with all of the pictures, then you print or download to an album site and choose those you really like.

Edited by Cruise a holic