Royal and NCL "Healthy Sail Panel"

dkjretired

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Cruise lines and panel working "warmly" with CDC. 

Kind of contradicts the article written by the investment analyst who said that the CDC was ignoring proposals from the cruise lines.

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

This has always been how the CDC operates, they set guidelines or requirements, and expect the industry to provide the best possible working solution.

A lot of the regulating bodies in the federal govt, at least in healthcare, work that way to some extent. Mostly, usually that approach works. After all, no one wants people to get sick, truly and the CDC does very much have more important things to do.

Also, while we are speculating and fretting, remember that only some of these changes are likely to be permanent - the more draconian are just to get back to sea.

I received this email this morning. I know that some on CC are not on the various mailing lists. I assume Celebrity will benefit as well. Royal has put together a health panel for dealing with Covid-19. I sure hope this team has been operating for a while and Royal is just telling us now... Because it is a little late to be putting a plan together... Anyway I think it is a good idea...  I just hope the team is effective and more than a PR move... and a political move... Although heaven knows the cruise industry needs some political assistance... given their foreign flag status.... A Plan Backed by ScienceInsert other media