The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

Today's sunrise is from 2016.  On August 10 I was on the Alaska Ferry Kennicott bound for Anchorage to join Crystal Serenity's Northwest Passage cruise, and that day we called at the tiny village of Yakutat.

dawn0810.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

12 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from 2016.  On August 10 I was on the Alaska Ferry Kennicott bound for Anchorage to join Crystal Serenity's Northwest Passage cruise, and that day we called at the tiny village of Yakutat.

dawn0810.jpg

Roy

Roy,

What's you opinion of HAL Westerdam?  Asking for a friend.

19 hours ago, rafinmd said:

dawn0810.jpg

Roy

I hope you got my email.  If not let me know.  I've only been on Westerdam once and it's a nice ship.  The main downside is that there is little enrichment and entertainment is on the weak side, they use a troupe of dancers working to canned music.  They may have some shows using footage from I think National Geographic that are stunning and to me not to be missed.  In the lido I think most of the pancakes and waffles come straight off the griddle and are very nice.

If your friend has other questions feel free  to give them my email address.

Roy

Today's sunrise(or sunset, I know it was August 14 because of the placement on the roll but no time data) is my earliest ever, taken on my one cruise aboard SS Rotterdam V.  It was taken August 14, 1997 as we steamed the inland passage from Seward to Vancouver:

IMG0010.JPG.f6cb8121f9eab66e61b25250e488

This was my first ever cruise with Cruise Director Rick Spath.

Roy

• Like 4

On 8/10/2023 at 7:58 PM, KenzSailing said:

Roy,

What's you opinion of HAL Westerdam?  Asking for a friend.

I  have cruised with Hal twice and one was  on the Westerdam ,the other time Volendam Doing a third crossing  to Japan early October,and will continue on around Japan for the next segment.I  last cruised Fall of 2019 , AND I did not find much to do both day and at night and assume nothing will be better, entertainment /enrichment wise.But the staff is friendly, ocean view cabin not large but adequate and comfortable,and I believe has more storage space due to changes during the Crystal Cruises renovation.I never went to the premium restaurants as I am a solo traveler and didn’t need to be around a restaurant full of couples and feeling like the odd person out.I enjoy lots of sedans so it is a great cruise for me.I did enjoy the spa as I would on Crystal,but there is no paddle  tennis like on Crystal I do not drink so I can’t comment on that/ Reasonably priced cruise line, but  imho you won’t have the experience of a luxury line because this is a mainstream line

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's  sunrise is from August 2018 Crystal Symphony Panama Canal cruise.  On August 17 we visited Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala.  dawn0817.jpg

Roy

Roy, I somehow missed your email.  Please resend to kkope01@gmail.com.  Looking to forward to mining your extensive HAL experience. 

12 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Roy, I somehow missed your email.  Please resend to kkope01@gmail.com.  Looking to forward to mining your extensive HAL experience. 

I just sent an email.  Let me know if you don't get it.

Rpy