The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

5 hours ago, BEAV said:

Nice to have you in my turkeyless Thanksgiving club. I think I’ve noted this before (probably on this thread during the height of the pandemic when cruising was off the table) but my most memorable Thanksgiving as a youngster was when my Mom and Grandmother collaborated to do a shrimp fry. Grandma made a killer beer batter. I swear I ate 17 jumbo prawns that Thanksgiving. Maybe even 18…

…and a confession from your other post of Left Coast delicacies. Forgive me, Father, for not knowing about Humphry Slocombe ice cream. 🤦 But lo and behold, there it was, yesterday, in my local supermarket. 
Curious to know what flavors are in your freezer (or digestive system)? 🤔

IMG_4246.jpeg

Ok, you asked, so here's a brief recap:

Malted milk chocolate:  Good, just what it sounds like

Peanut butter fudge ripple:  What's not to like?  Really good

Salted caramel cocoa nib:  How could you miss with that combo of flavors?  But they did.  Oddly underdeveloped flavors.  Some may call it subtle, I call it...meh

Tahitian vanilla: yum!

Secret breakfast:  The one we haven't tried yet.  Bourbon infused with cornflakes!  My hopes are high for this one

About your shrimp fry, nope I hadn't read that post, sounds like my idea of a good time.  Since we're on the theme of "down with turkey", well, I'm sure you're aware of the following classic, but just in case(I could only find it in audio form, well worth your time):

https://www.eatthispodcast.com/what-a-bunch-of-turkeys/#t=15

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Good grief! How does anyone afford to sail on Crystal if they pay that much for a pint of ice cream!!!

Patty

I thought it was the other way around?  “You know you can afford to sail on Crystal, if…”. LOL

Vince

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Secret breakfast:  The one we haven't tried yet.  Bourbon infused with cornflakes!  My hopes are high for this one

Secret???  Oh geese, I didn’t realize I was supposed to hide my breakfast beverage of choice.  😁 Jon Ashton once served a cornflake cocktail on one of my cruises…. IIRC it wasn’t just infused, though.

im not surprised about the salted caramel cocoa nib though…. Cocoa nibs are usually used more for texture than flavor, IME.

Vince

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

A sunset once again rather than a sunrise.  This is from my 2016 Seabourn Odyssey transatlantic Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale.  On December 9 we visited Funchal.

dusk1209.jpg

Roy

When I was looking at this I remembered a love I have for checking out logos painted on port walls by visiting ships including these:

IMG_5664.JPG.ee4ee46f2debe948dfa7c7eec4040d54.JPG

IMG_5666.JPG.4546227d3584e93d8b6a68cd17f749e7.JPG

And a reminder of the Northwest Passage voyages.

IMG_5670.JPG.4b550bee8dd1f842827eb344eef4fea1.JPG

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1