Want to lift & shift but itineraries not yet published for Mar 2022

Wandering Words

57 minutes ago, Azamara Team said:

While we have done our best to accommodate as many itineraries as possible for Lift and Shift, there may be some cases that may not apply for various reasons. However, we would like another opportunity to look into this for you. Please email webhelp@azamara.com with guest first and last names, booking ID, ship and sail date, phone number, and email. Please include "Cruise Critic Help" in your subject line. 

Thank you for your kind offer.  My TA is currently working woth the Azamara team.  I understand now that part of the problem is that the South Africa Intensive in 2021 is 13 days rather than 10, but I dont think the 3 extra days are worth an additional $8,000.00.  I will let my TA work tis out,  Thank you for the kind offer

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AtlAllie said:

Hi Manc,

We are on the same sailing and would like to Lift and Shift to March 2022; however, that sailing has not been published yet and our TA said it is therefore not available to book.  It is a little stressful as the L&S program is scheduled to end on August 1 (first world problems I know!).  Could you let us know if you hear anything different.  Thanks - hope to see you on board!

I was told by Azamara last week that March 2022 is a 20 day Cape Town to Lisbon itinerary that is available to book even though it is not currently showing.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:33 PM, Phxazzcruisers said:

Thank you for your kind offer.  My TA is currently working woth the Azamara team.  I understand now that part of the problem is that the South Africa Intensive in 2021 is 13 days rather than 10, but I dont think the 3 extra days are worth an additional $8,000.00.  I will let my TA work tis out,  Thank you for the kind offer

My TA was able to work with the Azamara team and we were abel to change to 2021 for both cruises and the addition land portion.  We are very happy with the compromise offer.  We love Azamara for this and many other reasons !!!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

My TA was able to work with the Azamara team and we were abel to change to 2021 for both cruises and the addition land portion.  We are very happy with the compromise offer.  We love Azamara for this and many other reasons !!!

excellent news!!  I knew they'd come through for you!!!

On 7/17/2020 at 10:11 AM, AtlAllie said:

Hi Manc,

We are on the same sailing and would like to Lift and Shift to March 2022; however, that sailing has not been published yet and our TA said it is therefore not available to book.  It is a little stressful as the L&S program is scheduled to end on August 1 (first world problems I know!).  Could you let us know if you hear anything different.  Thanks - hope to see you on board!

We are also on the Capetown to Lisbon sailing and while doing a little reading this weekend on the Lift and Shift, the date of September 30, 2020 was mentioned as the deadline for notifying Azamara. Hopefully I didn't imagine this and we still have two months to make the decision. Also, it seems as if the sailing in 2022 is 20 days rather than 21, will this impact our ability to L&S?

15 hours ago, CP50 said:

We are also on the Capetown to Lisbon sailing and while doing a little reading this weekend on the Lift and Shift, the date of September 30, 2020 was mentioned as the deadline for notifying Azamara. Hopefully I didn't imagine this and we still have two months to make the decision. Also, it seems as if the sailing in 2022 is 20 days rather than 21, will this impact our ability to L&S?

Hi CP50!

Our TA confirmed last Friday that L&S has been extended until September 30, 2020.  The 20 day Capetown to Lisbon sailing should not be a problem as the rules state that the replacement cruise can be one day longer or shorter than the original sailing.  Hopefully Azamara will publish the remaining 2022 schedule before September 30!  We had terrific business class flights booked for March 2021 and are disappointed to have to cancel those but we do not see how the Journey can possibly sail to South Africa this November.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, manc said:

Azamara has told me we cannot lift and shift from March 2021 

I have asked our TA to ask the same question. 

It would seem the person to whom you spoke has not read their "Cruise with Confidence" policy, specifically :

"To provide peace of mind while you plan, we’ve enhanced our Cruise with Confidence* program to give you the flexibility to change any sailing you book by 30 September 2020."

and

In the terms & conditions it seems quite clear to me in the first paragraph that you can lift & shift from March 2021.

https://www.azamara.com/en-au/cruise-with-confidence