Blue Iguana Cantina

cruizergal70

I've been on several Carnival cruises but for some reason, I've not eaten at the Blue Iguana Cantina. I plan on correcting that the next time I cruise.

I'm not a fan of burritos but I love tacos. The problem is the menu says that the tacos only come in chicken,  pork,  or fish. However, the burritos have beef as an option.

Would it be a big deal if I asked them to make me a beef taco?

2 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

I've been on several Carnival cruises but for some reason, I've not eaten at the Blue Iguana Cantina. I plan on correcting that the next time I cruise.

I'm not a fan of burritos but I love tacos. The problem is the menu says that the tacos only come in chicken,  pork,  or fish. However, the burritos have beef as an option.

Would it be a big deal if I asked them to make me a beef taco?

Asking won’t hurt. I see no reason why the taco server can’t just. slide over and put beef on the tacos for you. The crew is always willing to accommodate the passengers anyway they can.

• Like 2

You gotta try it, SO GOOD.  I agree with Skrufy, I'm sure they'll do it for you.  I am also like Stella, I love my breakfast burritos, they're delicious!!.  It's funny because Guys Burgers has so many fans, but I just think it's "meh" I can take it or leave it.  But Blue Iguana....its the bomb.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

You gotta try it, SO GOOD.  I agree with Skrufy, I'm sure they'll do it for you.  I am also like Stella, I love my breakfast burritos, they're delicious!!.  It's funny because Guys Burgers has so many fans, but I just think it's "meh" I can take it or leave it.  But Blue Iguana....its the bomb.  

Those eggs don’t taste fake and watery to you? I used to eat some of their burritos. I just can’t take it anymore. I probably haven’t had a blue iguana burrito in 2 years. I guess I have too many Moe’s and chipotle burritos at home. 

Edited by Saint Greg

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Those eggs don’t taste fake and watery to you? I used to eat some of their burritos. I just can’t take it anymore. I have too many Moe’s and chipotle at home. 

I thought they were fine, but I've only had them on one of my cruises so maybe I got lucky.

19 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Those eggs don’t taste fake and watery to you? I used to eat some of their burritos. I just can’t take it anymore. I probably haven’t had a blue iguana burrito in 2 years. I guess I have too many Moe’s and chipotle burritos at home. 

Just load it up with all the other stuff too and you never even taste the eggs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Ever since I’ve seen how scrambled eggs are delivered to hotels or how they smell, I haven’t eaten them at any hotel or onboard any cruise ship. I’m also very careful when getting them at restaurants and barely — if ever — get eggs when going out for breakfast.

18 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Ever since I’ve seen how scrambled eggs are delivered to hotels or how they smell, I haven’t eaten them at any hotel or onboard any cruise ship. I’m also very careful when getting them at restaurants and barely — if ever — get eggs when going out for breakfast.

You have never been in the Armed Services, have you?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I lived off of ramen and 20 cent patio burritos in the military. Doesn’t mean I have to eat them now.

We are talking scrambled eggs Saint Gregg. Not ramen noodles. Apples & oranges. Besides, the eggs they served me in the Army were a whole lot more nutritious  than ramen noodles.

Edited by Joe817

Just now, Joe817 said:

We are talking scrambled eggs Saint Gregg. Not ramen noodles. Apples & oranges.

same thing. Just because you are crap eggs back then doesn’t mean you need to now...on vacation. I was never up early enough for breakfast. We stayed up late drinking every night and jumped out of bed at 7 am to be at work at 7:30.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

same thing. Just because you are crap eggs back then doesn’t mean you need to now...on vacation. I was never up early enough for breakfast. We stayed up late drinking every night and jumped out of bed at 7 am to be at work at 7:30.

Phew. You are a better man than I am, Charlie Brown. Getting up at 4:30 every morning to do a 2 mile jog, left me hungry afterward. Even the eggs. I guess that's where I developed my taste for Army coffee and the eggs they served us. 

58 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Phew. You are a better man than I am, Charlie Brown. Getting up at 4:30 every morning to do a 2 mile jog, left me hungry afterward. Even the eggs. I guess that's where I developed my taste for Army coffee and the eggs they served us. 

I think I started drinking coffee in tech school. Because the coffee fund was a lot cheaper than the soda machine. 

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Luckily we all can make that choice if we want 🙂 

Thank you both for your service.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

The wife loves the burritos at anytime of the day. I’ll do a few tacos once in awhile. Lately we have been going to breakfast and brunch in the dining room. My favorite is the steak and eggs at brunch.