Princess cruises Feb Australia

On 7/17/2020 at 12:45 PM, The_Big_M said:

Let us know how you go. But based on the email sent last week that they want to charge the customer cancellation fees when the supplier cancels, it doesn't appear that is the case. They don't mention that is despite them already being paid commission. Poor form.

Well I gave it a go & as you predicted my guru will charge us $110 each if/when  Princess cancel our Feb Tassie cruise. 

They weren't willing to postpone final payment even though it's very early still, so we cancelled & lost our $25 deposit,  which is fine.  We weren't willing to part with more money for cruises that won't be going anywhere. 

Still waiting patiently for our $14,000.00 back for MY cruises to Europe, they did say 90 to 120 wait though which makes it August or September. 

Edited by joejoe 59

8 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

A $25/50 cost is small in the scheme of things, in addition to the hassle of changes/refunds in future.

That's what we figured,  not prepared to wait until next year for a refund or credit. 

12 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

Well I gave it a go & as you predicted my guru will charge us $110 each if/when  Princess cancel our Feb Tassie cruise. 

They weren't willing to postpone final payment even though it's very early still, so we cancelled & lost our $25 deposit,  which is fine.  We weren't willing to part with more money for cruises that won't be going anywhere. 

Still waiting patiently for our $14,000.00 back for MY cruises to Europe, they did say 90 to 120 wait though which makes it August or September. 

Charging you $110 each when Princess cancelled your cruise is a good reason to keep away from the guru. 1st didn't charge us anything except on the cruise where we cancelled before P&O did. That cost us $50 each. We are OK with that.

We still have a November cruise booked but will wait for Princess to cancel but we won't pay the balance.

• Like 2

I think some TAs might notice a downturn in business in the future but, then again, there are probably plenty of newbies they can suck in with their slightly lower fares and small amounts of OBC. And to be fair unless there is an issue like this pandemic most people wouldn't even realise their money was at risk if something went wrong.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep, agreed, check the T&Cs, some TAs cost you more in the end.

It's not just a case of checking the T&Cs. Some don't technically say they do it, but they charge it anyway. i.e. it's not permitted by the t&cs either.

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think some TAs might notice a downturn in business in the future but, then again, there are probably plenty of newbies they can suck in with their slightly lower fares and small amounts of OBC. And to be fair unless there is an issue like this pandemic most people wouldn't even realise their money was at risk if something went wrong.

agreed, most of the time the cruise would go ahead with no issues so not chance of finding out you may get stiffed would never occur for most bookings.