Sea princess 10th of February Tasmania anyone joining me

Pippawhipper1

29 minutes ago, Pippawhipper1 said:

Hi all

Just rescheduled my trip from November this year to this cruise in February next year

Cost £27 to change flights.

Can't find a roll call

Any one else going?

You can start one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pippawhipper1 said:

Hi all

Just rescheduled my trip from November this year to this cruise in February next year

Cost £27 to change flights.

Can't find a roll call

Any one else going?

Hope your airfares are refundable. Qantas has suspended international flights till March 21.

It has been acknowledged that Australia's success in reducing the rate of infection from COVID comes from its closed borders. There has to be an reason for an individual to get permission to leave or enter the country. Anyone arriving has to undergo 14 days strict quarantine.The Aust government has indicated that the international borders will not fully re-open until there is a vaccine. They would undoubtedly require widespread use of the vaccine, not just that there is one available.

(Sorry to say) I do not think Australia will be allowing international arrivals in time for the cruise you mention. It is also unlikely that Australia will allow cruise ships to operate in its waters early next year.

When cruises do start, it is possible they will be restricted to Aust & NZ residents and that crew will have to undergo quarantine before the first cruise.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

It has been acknowledged that Australia's success in reducing the rate of infection from COVID comes from its closed borders. There has to be an reason for an individual to get permission to leave or enter the country. Anyone arriving has to undergo 14 days strict quarantine.The Aust government has indicated that the international borders will not fully re-open until there is a vaccine. They would undoubtedly require widespread use of the vaccine, not just that there is one available.

(Sorry to say) I do not think Australia will be allowing international arrivals in time for the cruise you mention. It is also unlikely that Australia will allow cruise ships to operate in its waters early next year.

When cruises do start, it is possible they will be restricted to Aust & NZ residents and that crew will have to undergo quarantine before the first cruise.

yep P & O Australia will be ready and standing by !! 🦄

Remember that NCL have already, weeks ago, cancelled the visit of the Jewel to Australia and New Zealand for the WHOLE of the summer 2020/2021 season.

Even if Australia allowed cruise ships NZ would have to  make a massive change to regulations.  At present only NZ citizens are allowed to enter and then to do 14 days managed isolation; they are also looking into making anyone entering PAY for that isolation.   Some parts of Australia are already in that situation.