Refunds

I am curious if anyone else is getting a runaround from RC as far as receiving refunds for this cruise and TransPacific that was set for April 20th out of Sydney. As everyone knows, cruises were cancelled in March due to Covid-19. Have been waiting since for full refund for both cruises. Have received a total of $8,186.66 in refunds...have no idea for what cruise..amounts received have been sporadic and amounts make no sense. There is no explanation for what cruise amounts are for and no one at RC is capable of giving such an explanation. (Example of amounts received: $1,794.00; $266.66; $289.14; $851.88; $50.00; $3,334.24; $126.20; $851.88 and $126.20). We are still owed $5,331.94 which is for amounts owed on both cruises and airfare through Air2Sea. I have called RC at least a dozen times and have spent hours on the phone. I am told refunds are being processed and I will receive within days and/or two weeks. I feel so sorry for the employees assigned with answering incoming calls. They can only pass on information to resolution department and/or supervisors who take hours to give you information. I guess they are far too important to speak to guests personally. We are Diamond Plus members and I am appalled at the treatment we have received and the inability of anyone to give a truthful answer to question presented. I have to thank every employee who has answered the phone when guests call. They are professional and very caring. Shame on employees in resolution department and supervisors for not taking equally responsible and professional care of guests. Next time my final payment is due on a RC cruise, I might just have to make them wait as long as I have had to wait for monies owed. Cruises were cancelled in March by RC. 30-45 days for refund. Have been waiting 90 to 120 and was just told it will take another 45 days for refunds to be processed. No excuse!

You are actually very lucky to have received over $8000 in refunds.

there are many who have received nothing at all!

but frankly the amount you spent is crazy.

how many passengers and how many nights were your two Cruises?

These horror stories are unfortunately going to continue for months and months.  Even when they someday sail a few ships they'll still be cancelling many sailings.  Thank god they are only holding 800.00 of our money for 4 cruises late 2021/2022 and we don't owe any final payments for 12 months.  If things haven't gotten mostly back to normal on the ships 12 months from now we'll gladly start walking away from those  deposits if necessary. 

I do not understand anyone sending them any money for anything in the near future, but people are doing it......

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

I called RC yesterday and spoke to a very nice person who told they are running behind and it will probably be another month before I get my FCC.............I applied for it back in May..............

The reality is that you will get it when you get it. Calling RCL will not increase the chances of getting it. I am sure a lot of the refunds depends on the number of deposits coming in or cruise purchases from the planners. It took a VERY long time to get all my refunds.

The reality is that you will get it when you get it. Calling RCL will not increase the chances of getting it. I am sure a lot of the refunds depends on the number of deposits coming in or cruise purchases from the planners. It took a VERY long time to get all my refunds.
Are you implying that RCL is running a ponzi scheme by taking money from fresh bookings to repay cancelled bookings?

I am implying that refunds are going out about as fast as cashflow in. Technically, they don't even have to offer refunds. They could force FCC. If you booked with CWC, you would have the option of a refund but there are no terms in it on how quickly they provide the refund. Just buckle up and wait is about your only option. The other is getting a lawyer involved, but that would be a bigger waste of time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigrednole said:

I am implying that refunds are going out about as fast as cashflow in. Technically, they don't even have to offer refunds. They could force FCC. If you booked with CWC, you would have the option of a refund but there are no terms in it on how quickly they provide the refund. Just buckle up and wait is about your only option. The other is getting a lawyer involved, but that would be a bigger waste of time.

Cruise with Confidence does not offer refunds.  CWC allows you to cancel any sailing up to 48 hours prior to the day of sailing and receive a 100% FCC.

Under Royals Suspension of Sailings Policy if they cancel the cruise then you have an option for a refund, a 125% FCC or the option to lift and shift your reservation