Princess cancels into December so when will NCL do it?

Princess cancels into December so when will NCL do it?

Now that the Bahamas are out, Key West don't want people short cruises are now gone.

Plus here in the Covid capitol of the world, we are not getting better. Another 10,000 today

UGH......I need a cruise.

Steve

• Like 3

I am hoping it means nothing to NCL, as they are different companies, and even are working on different protocol sets.  Also, keep in mind Princess, right or wrong, is the face of CV-19 chaos on a ship.  Maybe CCL wants to go more slowly with that line to let it mellow from the minds of critics?

On 7/23/2020 at 3:40 PM, oteixeira said:

I am hoping it means nothing to NCL, as they are different companies, and even are working on different protocol sets.  Also, keep in mind Princess, right or wrong, is the face of CV-19 chaos on a ship.  Maybe CCL wants to go more slowly with that line to let it mellow from the minds of critics?

Well they all are aligning now.

Steve

1 minute ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Well they all are aligning now.

Steve

Well, as much as 45 days apart is aligned in this world.  I mean, maybe they all align at Jan 1 2021, I don't have a crystal ball, I was just stating that I don't think what Princess is doing has any bearing on what NCL is doing.

11 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

I was just stating that I don't think what Princess is doing has any bearing on what NCL is doing.

Your 100% correct.

I think its a game of follow the leader but in a timed matter to take more bookings and deposits as well as payments and not killing your stock price at the same time.

STeve

To answer the OP's question, my opinion is that NCL will cancel December cruises at the end of August or September.  They could drag it out until the end of October I suppose. NCL stated yesterday they will make an announcement at the end of each month so I am guessing we have 4 weeks to wait. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Based on the news story below, I do not think NCL or any cruise line will be going out of NY/NJ any time soon.  Who could afford to quarantine in NY for two weeks prior to a cruise??

34 States, Plus DC and Puerto Rico, Now on NY Quarantine List

NY is doing better than Fla. So if people think there will be cruises out of Fla. anytime soon, they need to think again.

Many states have the 2 week quarantine, not sure how it's policed but it's there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GA Dave said:

Based on the news story below, I do not think NCL or any cruise line will be going out of NY/NJ any time soon.  Who could afford to quarantine in NY for two weeks prior to a cruise??

34 States, Plus DC and Puerto Rico, Now on NY Quarantine List

So true.....NJ/NY is really becoming even more cautious.....we have been through a lot...and people here are way to scared to open up too soon....

NCL is hoping people will pay final payments so they do not have to give refunds but fcc instead. They also are hoping people will book now so they can keep their deposits. We do not know if any of these cruiselines will file for bankruptcy but if they do then they will owe no one their money. Not a chance I would take.