Sunrise Switcheroo

Cruisesfun65

With the latest announcement Carnival left us guessing what will happen to the Sunrise when she moves to Miami (new cruise information by August 23rd).

Some guests have already heard that they will be moved to the Horizon on a different date. 

Anyone here received any information on the February 11th and 15th sailings?

Trying to work on a plan B.

We were Sunrise out of FLL on October 31, now out of Miami, have been told Carnival will get back to us sometime before August 23, then we can make a decision to keep or cancel. Seems like a long wait to me. If we cruise with changes we would get a $100 OBC. Perhaps eventually the cruise would be cancelled completely and then the OBC would be much more. Will wait it out. 

Edited by cellfree

Yes, I received the letter with this information. But there are some guests who already received their new itinerary, some were moved back to a week before.

August 23rd is a long wait to make new plans and February is an expensive month for hotels and rental cars in Florida. That's why I want to know asap what's happening to our cruises, so I can start booking other stuff.

We are on the 1/18/21 sailing and got the same email.  I didn’t think they would be potentially switching ships - I thought the Sunrise was taking the Sensation’s routes and based on that schedule that would determine when our new sailing would be.  So they may be switching ships?  I wouldn’t mind being on the Horizon!  The dates matter though because we are going for our anniversary.

Edited by tdggal1980

We are booked for Oct 31 on the Sunrise also. Received noting from them. I still show it sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. However on Carnivals website. it is not showing the Sunrise at all for October. Fort Lauderdale or Miami. We always do Halloween with Carnival. We were booked on the Mardi Gras and it was cancelled so we booked the Sunrise. We no longer drive to the port in Miami.  The only other Carnival Halloween cruise for us would be on the Elation. Problem being. We are booked on it for December and January. really do not want to do the same ship 3 months in a row.

Always Cruzin, our email from Carnival was in Junk In-box. I guess we will wait until we hear what Cabin we are assigned out of MIA and even after that is all said and done I suspect it will be cancelled eventually. So once again we wait and see. Everything is so fluid. I have to resist getting excited about/anticipating our next cruise!

On 7/24/2020 at 7:29 PM, Cruisesfun65 said:

With the latest announcement Carnival left us guessing what will happen to the Sunrise when she moves to Miami (new cruise information by August 23rd).

Some guests have already heard that they will be moved to the Horizon on a different date. 

Anyone here received any information on the February 11th and 15th sailings?

Trying to work on a plan B.

I would suggest working on a Plan C because I don’t believe cruises from the US will resume by next February. 

We are booked on the November 23rd sailing. The email we received stated our cruise would now operate

from the Port of Miami on a sailing within 2 to 7 days of original departure. Our stateroom assignment  will remain the same.

We would also receive a $100 OBC . Hoping the dates do not change due to this being Thanksgiving break for us. We should know by August 23rd. 

Livingthedream1, were you a four or five day cruise and if so do you expect your cruise now departing Port of Miami to be the same number of nights? I did not think that was clear in the email I got from Carnival. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I would suggest working on a Plan C because I don’t believe cruises from the US will resume by next February

Never say never but I doubt it takes that long as the cruise industry will collapse into bankruptcy if they aren't sailing by the end of the year.

Edited by embarkation75

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

Livingthedream1, were you a four or five day cruise and if so do you expect your cruise now departing Port of Miami to be the same number of nights? I did not think that was clear in the email I got from Carnival. 

We are on a five day. It should leave on Monday and return on Saturday. I would hope it would be the same amount

of nights. 

Originally cruising out of Fort Lauderdale Sunrise people, please let us know when your new dates and itineraries, etc., for cruising out of Miami start coming through. The end of August seems like a long time to wait for the change in cruise information. 

• Like 1

We were scheduled to go on the Sunrise next year, September 11 - 19, 2021 for an 8 night. We got an email on Thursday Morning saying that the Sunrise will be doing short cruises, 4 & 5 night. So we got switched to the Carnival Horizon, 8 night but the date is now September 4 -12, 2021. We do not know our new room number as of yet. I do see the new itinerary on Carnival's Website. So we have different ports of call but it's okay with us. We are to get another letter by August 23rd with more information.

I just hope we are done with the cancellations and all the moving around at this point!

ALWAYS CRUZIN, thank you, good to know it will be November 2, need to make some hotel changes. The email I received said if agreed upon change you would get $100 OBC. Also said Cabin would remain the same, we will see.

We received a letter last week that our December 2020 cruise on the Sensation has been changed to the Sunrise- same dates and times and ports- ship was the only thing that changed ( so far) . I’m really happy with the change to a bigger, more updated ship. Just curious as to if our cabins will really be equally changed out. I always choose specific locations that I know work best for us. At this point I will just be grateful to step foot on the ship🙏🏻🤞🏻

Edited by geonurse

We too choose a specific cabin location. Email we got said that "cabin will remain the same." Am anxious to see if so, have not had any updates from Carnival as to date, itinerary, etc. Although our original date was October 31 out of FLL and will now be early November out of MIA, whether or not cruise will even be "a go" remains to be seen.

I was booked on Sunrise out of FLL for Dec. 12. Spoke with my pvp last week and our cruise is now leaving on the 14th, out of MIA with stops to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. The original itinerary was Half Moon, Nassau, and GT. This latter itinerary is being offered a week earlier, though not available to book while they are rearranging the schedule. Hoping to switch my booking and hoping we get to cruise!