Refund of FCC for cruise that was not canceled

I am sure this has been asked, but I hear that it might be possible to get a refund from FCC for canceled cruises.  I was set to sail on Mariner of the seas March 16 2020. I canceled with their cancellation program and got FCC.  It might be a long while till we could use it, especially if nothing is sailing out of Canaveral.  HAs any policy changed that would allow it to be possible to get a refund?

32 minutes ago, thomaskuhn said:

I am sure this has been asked, but I hear that it might be possible to get a refund from FCC for canceled cruises.  I was set to sail on Mariner of the seas March 16 2020. I canceled with their cancellation program and got FCC.  It might be a long while till we could use it, especially if nothing is sailing out of Canaveral.  HAs any policy changed that would allow it to be possible to get a refund?

If you cancelled then a refund is not possible. 

if Royal cancelled then  it is possible to convert the FCC to a refund.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone had success in getting their FCC extended?  I canceled a July cruise back in March (after Covid became an issue but before the cruise lines starting canceling cruises).  Royal kept $200 of my deposit and gave me FCC of $300, but the FCC expires in February 2021.  Would love to get that extended for a year and then maybe (hopefully, I'll get to use it). 

5 hours ago, LAVCruiser said:

Would love to get that extended for a year and then maybe (hopefully, I'll get to use it). 

Book something for October and when RCI cancels you'll get that FCC back with an apply by date of 12/31/2021.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

A better question would be, what are the chances of any ship sailing in October?

I would love to know the answer to this question as we are booked to go on Anthem this October but very uncertain whether this will actually happen.

Also the FCO in UK are advising against all cruise travel.