Cruises cancelled through October

Red-Sol

Well, there it is. Like it or not, the policy is pretty clear about what you have to do to get a refund. I do wish they would include the refund link in the communication, even if it leads to a page that says check back after August x.

I wonder if the cash refund claims will start to outweigh the FCC's in this round? They had been reported to be pretty equal.

Also, I wish they would stop using judgment terms like "lesser value" cash refund. Their job is communicate the options which are 125% FCC or 100% cash refund in a clear, nonjudgmental fashion. Their opinion on which has more or less value adds nothing to the offer. In totally understand why they do it, but arguably, it could confuse someone who is new to cruising. Plus, some people reject the proposition that a 125% FCC has more value than a 100% cash refund given the current environment, as has been debated here on many previous occasions. Sorry to all who are dealing with the cancellations and the decisions that accompany them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Also, I wish they would stop using judgment terms like "lesser value" cash refund. Their job is communicate the options which are 125% FCC or 100% cash refund in a clear, nonjudgmental fashion. Their opinion on which has more or less value adds nothing to the offer. In totally understand why they do it, but arguably, it could confuse someone who is new to cruising. Plus, some people reject the proposition that a 125% FCC has more value than a 100% cash refund given the current environment, as has been debated here on many previous occasions. Sorry to all who are dealing with the cancellations and the decisions that accompany them.

Completely agree - a FCC that has zero cash redemption options and an expiration date is NOT 'more value' than a 100% cash refund, no matter HOW much that FCC is for.  

I'm 100% positive they do it to confuse people, nothing arguable about it.

• Like 3

Wow. I need to call today and get my $100 deposit back for our December 12, 2020 cruise. 
Final payment due on 8-14 and the only way I was paying any money was if cruises sailed in October. I had called a few days ago and asked for extension until 10-14 until I see a cruise actually sail, but they are not extending due dates. 

So sad. 😞

5 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

Wow. I need to call today and get my $100 deposit back for our December 12, 2020 cruise. 
Final payment due on 8-14 and the only way I was paying any money was if cruises sailed in October. I had called a few days ago and asked for extension until 10-14 until I see a cruise actually sail, but they are not extending due dates. 

So sad. 😞

Actually, they are changing final payment dates to 60 days.

https://cruisefever.net/norwegian-cruise-line-now-aiming-for-november-restart-of-cruises/

6 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

Well, there it is. Like it or not, the policy is pretty clear about what you have to do to get a refund. I do wish they would include the refund link in the communication, even if it leads to a page that says check back after August x.

I wonder if the cash refund claims will start to outweigh the FCC's in this round? They had been reported to be pretty equal.

1 minute ago, Jobeth66 said:

Completely agree - a FCC that has zero cash redemption options and an expiration date is NOT 'more value' than a 100% cash refund, no matter HOW much that FCC is for.  

I agree that NCL's language, especially "lesser value" cash refund, is unfortunate and artfully written to entice people to choose the FCCs. 

We had a wonderful TA booked on the Jade, leaving out of Italy in October; final payment was July 3.  It was clear (at least to us) well before then that this cruise would not be a go; we cancelled in May and quickly received the full cash refund of our deposit.  

I'm sorry for everyone whose plans have been affected.  

Stay safe and well. 

18 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

https://cruisefever.net/norwegian-cruise-line-now-aiming-for-november-restart-of-cruises/

From that link: "The cruise line also introduced a new final payment schedule for all 2020 cruises which allows final payment 60 days before a sailing verses the standard 120 days."

There's not all that much left of 2020 to which this new final payment schedule applies.  Our October 31, 2020 TA had a final payment date of July 3.  So we are well into November 2020 cruises for which the final payment date has already passed.

Edited by Turtles06

25 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Maybe that is for new bookings?

My Cruise was booked back in January 2019. 
they would not extend due date when I called last week. If they are not sailing in October, they probably won’t be sailing in December. 
Going to use that money elsewhere. 😞😞

so sad. 

Edited by Noworkforme23

28 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

Maybe that is for new bookings?

My Cruise was booked back in January 2019. 
they would not extend due date when I called last week. If they are not sailing in October, they probably won’t be sailing in December. 
Going to use that money elsewhere. 😞😞

so sad. 

Or that was last week's policy and now we have to ask again.  I have a cruise booked for late February so I am wondering the same thing.

Edit: it says this is for 2020 cruises, and final payment already passed for almost  all November cruises.

Edited by PelicanBill

No sailings in October. No way I will even ask for an extension to the due date at this point now since no sailings in October. 
Bummer. Had a great thermal spa room and excursions already booked. 😞

Luckily I did not have to prepay for those excursions either. All I need to recoup now is my $100 deposit. 

Unfortunately IMO this is even close to the end of the cancellations. I don't think anything is sailing until may or June of next year and that is why I cannot understand why people are still booking. There is just too much unknown at this time to risk losing hard earned money. I will say that once they start sailing I am ready to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jobeth66 said:

"nothing arguable about it."

You do know this is Cruise Critic, right? 😂

I think I will start to make book on when NCL will resume sailing.  I am going with an over/under bet of Spring 2021 for the earliest US sailings.  Better safe than sorry!  Although it will also depend on when ports outside the US will open to us.

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

From that link: "The cruise line also introduced a new final payment schedule for all 2020 cruises which allows final payment 60 days before a sailing verses the standard 120 days."

There's not all that much left of 2020 to which this new final payment schedule applies.  Our October 31, 2020 TA had a final payment date of July 3.  So we are well into November 2020 cruises for which the final payment date has already passed.

It baffles me that they did not apply the 60 day final payment change to cruises scheduled to depart through 2021.  I’d even accept through June 2021.  Just to offer it to 2020 sailings is ridiculous!

• Like 3