February 2021 cruises

1 minute ago, DPTexas said:

I sure hope I cruise in late February, 2021.  When my late September/early October cruise cancelled, I was disappointed and  rebooked for late February/early March, 2021.  I told my daughter that if this one cancels to expect me to pout like a 14/15 yo teenage girl for the rest of the year!  LOL!   If it does cancel, I am not sure what I plan to do as far as a new-booking is concerned.  I really miss cruising and I am a very new cruiser.  I hate to think what seasoned cruisers are feeling about the lapse in cruises.  

Take care everyone and be safe.

Dont give up on cruising.  Once it restarts, then you can rebook.

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I hope the wedding plans go as scheduled. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 🤞

Thank you Joe, The original date was 4/20, as he is in the biz here in Colorado. 

6 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Don't give up on cruising.  Once it restarts, then you can rebook.

Thank you for the encouragement CP Mom, I really appreciate it.  I was amazed how quickly I fell in love with cruising and sure wish I had found it earlier.    I joked with my daughter, who is the one that got me hooked on cruising, that if the Feb/March 2021 cruise cancels, I may have to attempt to swim the English Channel just to get rescued by some type of boat or ship!   I am generally a "Pollyanna" by nature, so looking forward to cruising as soon as possible.   Thanks, again, for the words of support and encouragement. 

35 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

One of the drug companies has a deal with the government to have $100 million doses out by the end of the year.

I realize that there is 300 million people in the US and people may need 2 doses, but 50 million people is no number to sneeze at.  Plus, Russia is rushing their vaccine out next month and comparing it to Sputnik.  I am sure that will accelarate the push to get the vaccine out.

How do things work out when you rush?   

You think those 100million doses were vetted in a detailed and comprehensive.

You think we should deliver those 100million dose and with what safeguards and to whom?     Remember the mortaility rate is actually very low < 1% and that for people under 25 the death rate from flu is far higher than COVID and the opposite age of the spectrum the reverse.    

Interesting risk/reward, frankly whatever happens I'm sure it will go as well as our containment, testing, mitigation has gone.

So I am not optimistic it'll go as anyone plans, it is all politics right now and frankly the released GDP says it all!  Cruising and international travel is the bottom of the list at the moment.  Trust me I'm very very aware of the international travel situation or lack of it and how the horizon for that is even for "work" 

Edited by chipmaster

On 7/29/2020 at 10:43 AM, zqvol said:

I personally don't think anyone sails out of the US or Canada  until may or June of 2021 at the earliest.

If the cruise lines aren't operating in some fashion by the end of this year, you won't have much to worry about in May and June as the industry will collapse into bankruptcy way before then.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:56 PM, chipmaster said:

It is well noted that the minorities are being hit hard, IMHO this is because they are unable to shelter at home and as such as the richer people who have jobs that allow them to work at home and avoid going out except for social and good times, thus this  puts them at far more at risk in the jobs they need to do and thus why the higher case load.  

I think you're right.

On 7/29/2020 at 8:43 AM, zqvol said:

I personally don't think anyone sails out of the US or Canada  until may or June of 2021 at the earliest.

Me too. I canceled a March 2021 and booked an October 31, 2021 sailing instead. I'm only about 50% confident on that.

• Like 2

We had a November 2020 trip booked that was cancelled so I moved it to a December 2020 sailing and also put a deposit on the same cabin and sailing for February 2021 in case our December trip is cancelled