disputing the charges on credit card

HCTiger9704

I was supposed to sail on the MSC Seaside out of Miami, FL for the April 18, 2020 sailing.  It was cancelled due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.  In the United States, we were given an option of a refund or  125% Future Cruise Credit and at that time, they said I would get the refund in 60 days.  In March 2020, I choose the the refund since I do not know when I will be able to cruise again (work, family responsibility, est.).  As of today, I have not received any of the refund that I requested.  And I feel like I am just getting the run around instead of an honest answer.    

Has anybody disputed the charges with your credit cards?  If so, what was the outcome?

58 minutes ago, HCTiger9704 said:

I was supposed to sail on the MSC Seaside out of Miami, FL for the April 18, 2020 sailing.  It was cancelled due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.  In the United States, we were given an option of a refund or  125% Future Cruise Credit and at that time, they said I would get the refund in 60 days.  In March 2020, I choose the the refund since I do not know when I will be able to cruise again (work, family responsibility, est.).  As of today, I have not received any of the refund that I requested.  And I feel like I am just getting the run around instead of an honest answer.    

Has anybody disputed the charges with your credit cards?  If so, what was the outcome?

LOL, read some of the threads here...specifically "Americans how long until you got your refund"...more info than you'll need 🙂

I tried three times to cancel outside of the 90 day window, and when I was unable to do so I disputed it with American Express. They tell me they expect the matter to be resolved within approximately two weeks.

• 1 month later...

Data point for others.

our cruise was scheduled to sail June 4.
April 20, Received email notifying us it was cancelled by MSC. Given option for FCC 125% or refund. Reading terms and conditions on FCC, decided on refund April 28.
May 17, Received confirmation email from MSC Confirming our request for refund. Told it could take 60 days.

July 15, filed dispute with CC company online. Followed up with CC on phone to confirm receipt of documents for refund.
July 30, bank gave temporary credit to CC account.

Today, received notice from Chase that credit applied  is now permanent.  (60 days from dispute filing)

Relieved that we got the full $8,538 back.
We have already booked for next fall with MSC. Still love their product.

Realized early on that they would increase cruise fares to cover all those with FCC for next year, so booked in June.
The 2 YC cruises We  booked are now $2,000 more for each. 

Good luck to those waiting for resolution. I would let your CC company handle it , if possible.